Blue Dream not turning blue/purple

From a fellow grower: I am reaching out to you again with the same problem I had with the first batch of blue dream seeds. I originally ordered some blue dream seeds because I wanted the purple buds that the pictures show. Ok I have watched videos on you tube of people growing ilgm blue dream seeds and they are getting purple buds from the very beginning of the bud cycle. The first batch I grew didn’t have purple buds so I contacted you guys and you sent me replacement seeds. Ok I have grew the plants out and have started the bud cycle and the buds are starting to form now and I see no purple once again. Last time I grew outside so I thought maybe that possibly might have something to do with it so I grew inside this time and I’m seeing no difference than the first time. I’m gonna attach a couple pics to show you what I’m seeing. I don’t understand why I’m not getting the same kinda buds that everyone else is.

3 Likes

What conditions are theygrowing them in? Def just starting flower so i wouldnt expect

1 Like

If you bring down your nighttime temperatures it will/should bring out the colors, low 60s should do it

4 Likes

Agree with @MeEasy, you won’t get colors unless you are able to push your night temps down… at the end of veg. beginning of flower (which doesn’t look like you’re ready for that) The other thing is genetics… it just may not turn like you want.

1 Like

Hi there I am the grower with the issues with this blue dream. Originally I watched a couple videos on YouTube of a couple different grows. They were growing blue dream from ilgm and they had amazing looking purple buds from the very beginning of their flower cycle. This is what made me decide to go with the blue dream. OK I grew out the seeds and got no color at all. I grew outside so I thought maybe that was it but wasn’t sure so I contacted ilgm explained the situation and they sent me replacement seeds. Very cool I know. So I proceeded to grow the second grow however this time I grew Indoors in a controlled environment under a 400 W HPS veg went really good no problems, flip to flower cycle and have the same results as outside, no purple. I don’t understand how the people in the videos get big purple buds and the ilgm website advertises a big purple bud when you make your selection of seeds you want but I can’t get it. My temps at night are in the mid 60’s to lower 60’ s. I have done everything the lady tried telling me I needed to do. Way before she told me this info I had my temps down at night. Am I crazy here or what? Any information would be so greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Hi @Carolinanuggs first off welcome to the neighborhood. I’ve grown a few different color buds and some came out better than others and I know that cooler temperatures (warm days cool nights ) brings out more colors even in strains not necessarily supposed to be color. The health of a plant might affect it along with the intensity of your lighting. I wish I could be of more help but this is where my ignorance on this starts

Your absolutely right about that. This is another reason I am frustrated about this. I don’t know what exactly the problem is, if it is me or if its the genetics. As I have made two separate orders and neither was good. However the free seeds I got which was gold leaf was some really great smoke. The first batch of blue dream was really good too just not purple at all. I ordered some big bud on my first order and the plant did amazing. Really huge buds, I got almost a half pound off one plant indoors under a 400w hps. The buds are trash though. Its like smoking air almost. Won’t get you high or make you cough or anything so I messaged them and they sent replacements, which once again is very cool of them. I have grown weed for over 25 years and have grown some amazing grows inside and out, but it seems as though I just can’t get 8t together with these genetics. Have anyone else had issues with the big bud? I currently have one wedding cake one grand daddy purple and two blue dreams. I replaced my light from hps to led went from 400w to a tsw 2000 marshydro light hoping for a big difference… fingers crossed…lol

1 Like

I have grown IGLM Blue dream 2x with great results. First grow turned out grayish to maybe light purple. the first grow temps went down only a few degrees at night.

Second grow temps fell 10-15 degrees at night and still no blue.

I do know that not every seed is the same as far as the WAY it grows. I have noticed planting two of the same seeds by ILGM in the same tent, side by side and each plant “acts” a wee different from the other but still no color changes.

Allele /punnit square of predominate traits is kinda how it works when you crossbreed plants.

1 Like

I have grown 10 Blue Dream seeds from ILGM all in identical organic environments (soil, amendments, water/ph, lighting, etc.) and at the same time. Only 2 out of the 10 seeds produced blue/purple structure and this was only during the late flowering stage; the remaining 8 plants remained green until the late flowering stage before turning yellow.

Thanks for the response. I too have grown out another grow using blue dream and only got one plant to have some purplish coloring and it was in late flower as well. I grew a shishkaberry from barney farms that really knocked it out of the park. Very very berry taste and an amazing smoke. This is a pic of it

Grown 3 of these and none were blue or any variation of blue. That being said, i’ve attempted to grow several seeds from here and most were unsuccessful.

Lets be honest, theres only one elephant in this room.

Welcome to the forum.

1 Like

Keep the temperature lower than 50 degrees Fahrenheit. Do this consistently, every night, and you should start to see purple coloring a couple of weeks before the harvest. If you have issues with our seeds, please contact customer support so we can help.

1 Like