Blue Dream Male x ILGM Gorilla Glue

I thought the process by which the names were given from crosses was science by now Bobby am I wrong?

I thought the male was first and the female second so blue glue for instance.

Most real breeders don’t get that basic. They don’t really incorporate the parents names. It’s usually home breeders that combine the names. Just look at the parents of gorilla glue. Chem’s Sister, Sour Dubb, and Chocolate Diesel.

2 Likes

Its in third week of flower and already smells like Blueberry. It looks more Sativa but with The Gorilla Glue type structure.

1 Like

Those all do sound awesome man, I’m no breeder nor do I understand today’s lingo so I try to stay out of those sections. But what you got going with some great old school favs makes me wish I was still around the coast.

1 Like

I’m not into breeding, Infact I don’t know why anyone does. The most ide ever do is make fem seeds by back crossing the same plant with duel females. Makes more stable seeds.

These poly seeds are so mixed, even the parents arnt bred out and stabilized. I’m waiting for better more affordable home genetic testing.

If your enjoying yourself then fire away though.

2 Likes

Sure, I don’t quite understand your logic on this one though. I’ve been breeding Cannibis for over 30 years. I’m only buying a few from outside sources like ilgm to obtain outside seed I don’t have the ability to obtain.

Maybe one day though I will open my own seed bank and then I will hope everyone will prescribe to your way of thinking as it will mean more money in my pocket!!! Lol!!!

Growing other people’s seed has no touch of your own in it and doesn’t satisfy me very much. It’s kinda like cooking a cake out of a box sure it’s a girl and you know what your gonna get.

Breeding brings out the surprise factor and no one in my opinion is a veteran in this game if they only grow other company’s seeds and do not get into the breeding aspect as everything can’t be learned in a book or off a Bill Ward video.

It’s also expensive to buy all of the seed I and others grow.

3 Likes

Breeding is fun and it saves money I get that, if your hvaing fun with it and it’s working for you by all means.

For me it’s not worth the hassle of the space and the time.

Seeds being flogged by most companies are F1 or F3’s so they arnt very stable and you could grow 10 and easily get 10 different plants.

I agree breeding is Intresting but to me without genetic testing everyones just tossing pollen around and even the best do it only slightly better than most, of course lots of junk out there to.
Computerized genetics will change all that, it’s already here just expensive and not economical yet.

When we look at 100 different plants, 50 sativas and 50 indicas, then map them out on a genetic map there is no clear sativa indica genetics.
While there most certainly is differnt classes of genetics, it will take genetic mapping to properly label and sort everything because so many things have been mixed up over time and bad practices or lost history.

Lots of sativas I’ve smoked that don’t feed like sativas and vice versa…

Just to continue the discussion with you @GulfCoastGurilla because I enjoy the banter, when people like me are breeding with genetic mapping it will for the most part split the consumers into GMO seeds and non GMO seeds. While some purest will dismiss GMO seeds, the reality is they will be far superior plants that are on a completely different level in every category.

2 Likes

Guess I better breed more then, least I wake up one day to a world with only GMO seeds.

3 Likes

GMO’s are amazing and they can analyze the genetic pool and actually diversify it.

Where as almost every breeder, seed companies and back yard breeder are just chucking polen and muddying the genetics.

It’s like when cannabis took off and they bred all the cbd out of it and focused on thc alone, no one thought about terps or anything just getting that thc number up was the goal.

I know, probably forever and that’s not a good thing in my opinion

Well you don’t do it with everything… You keep lanraces and herliums around and mix your garden up

2 Likes

Thai sativa, Mexican sativa and Northern Lights #5. I got more

2 Likes