Blue Dream ILGM auto problems

Growing 2 ILGM blue dream autos. One is doing real good. This one having issues!
Ocean Forest soil
Fox farm trio nutes
Cal mag
Grow star led
Leaves yellowing, some have reddish splotches. I’m pretty sure I burned them. Have flushed plant real good. I’m thinking phosphorus deficiency from lock out but not sure. Any ideas! This is my first real grow.

2 Likes

Here is the other blue dream for reference. Looking pretty good to me except for some nute burn. Learning the hard way about nutes!

1 Like

I’m not a spil grower but from my understanding the ocean forest holds its nutes for a while and its a common problem where people feed too early. Have you done a check of ppm or ph of your runoff lately? That tells a whole lot and a slurry test is another preferred method if you don’t have a soil ph meter. Heres some charts I like to refer to when I run into issues and hopefully this informatio

n can give you answers to your problem. Get back with us on runoff or slurry test details and that will say a lot

1 Like

I don’t have a ppm meter so can’t check that. I was using the fox farm nute schedule at full strength like a dummy so I know I way over did it with the nutes!! Lesson learned! This particular plant has just had issues all the way really.

@Deltaboy flush you plant them started again

1 Like

Sensitive pheno… that happens. A TDS meter is fairly crucial in knowing when to feed and flush. What do you use for pHing?

2 Likes

Do a banana and cucumber skin tea for ur plants high in potassium and phosphorus great for flowering plants

1 Like

I have the cheap ph meter. The yellow Amazon special!:joy: Just started using that. Was using the ph kit where you check the color. Since starting with the meter I’ve been having it around 6.4. With the color thing I was just going by what they said.
Haven’t checked run off but will after it has a few days to dry. Very wet right now so don’t want to add anymore water.

1 Like

I flushed it hard yesterday and removed the mist damaged leaves.

1 Like

@Deltaboy just wait, patients is the key continued flush for a week them started nute 1/2 amount of you nute

Well it doesn’t seem to have gotten any worse since flushing so that’s a positive! Once it dries back out just gonna water for the rest of the week then see where I’m at! Thanks for all the input!!

2 Likes

Don’t forget to calibrate the meter. I found out the hard way that my meter was off by .5 and yhat’s all it took turning plants green to yellow with spots like yours.

1 Like

Good point! What ph do you shoot for in your grows? Seems different people have different ideas on the proper ph.

6.5 is the sweet spot.

1 Like

If you haves flushed, you are in 3 gallon pots so you ran 9 gallons of water through your soil? If so, you might want to feed at 1/2 strength after you flush you wash all nutes away, then she will be hungry, just a thought best of luck

1 Like

Welcome to the community @Deltaboy
The reason you hear different ph numbers is because in coco the ph should be 5.8 to 6.1 and in soil like @UDumbDuck said the sweet spot is 6.5. Happy Growing :blush::v:

2 Likes

Welcome to the community, I see a calcium and magnesium deficiency typically associated with root lock out and comes with using the FF trio. The FF medium you’re using became amended and water only up to week 5. They recommend a flush every 30 days to prevent this. When I flush I use calmag and follow up with a good feeding of beneficial microbes (recharge, Mykos). I woukd recommend 1/2 dose of this FF trio until you can get a TDS pen to read your run off numbers. That will let you know the nutrient level and PH of the root zone :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

I’m gonna feed them tonight when I get home. Think I may go 1/4 strength!:joy: Will also give them cal mag, molasses, and Myco which I’ve been using some as well. PH’d to 6.5.

1 Like

Here they are this morning. It’s surprising how different they have looked and how differently they responded. They are both blue dreams started together, and given the exact same treatment!