Blue Dream : First Indoor Grow!

2 Likes

oof man that stuff is toxic!

and no i don’t think it looks like that pic. scoured the web pretty hard today and rust spot is the closest. someone else on this board had the same thing but he’s not active and no idea what the resolution was. name was @fever

how fast did yours progress? this seems pretty rapid to me. started with the older leaves and making its way up. glad it didn’t affect anything for you tho.

I have some other anti fungal remedy on the way- some sort of bacteria. was going to use it outside but now looks like everyone will get it

I used a product called Pre Stop biofungicide 100 gram packet it’s expensive. Mix in water and feed.
Also used serenade for a foliar spray 2 TBSP per quart.

First noticed issue and about one week later treated with the Pre stop and the serenade.
Looking through my journal after that don’t have any entries about the rust being an issue.
Yep is was fast like overnight.
I also put aloe from aloe plant on the leaves covering affected area to minimize any spreading and then removed the leaves and tossed them in my fireplace to burn as it was winter here.

Hope this helps

1 Like

thanks. i let this go for a week… thought it was Ca. but noticing now the leaves on the second plant are getting some and it’s mostly the leaves that are touching the plant with the spots. maybe i’m making all this up. the Serenede is coming tomorrow.

The Biofungicide sounds great… should use that on every grow if it works- and it’s organic.

brilliant about the aloe.

1 Like

Just to err on the side of caution, I flushed. not sure if it was the best flush, but a flush. finished with a regular bloom feed at 75%.

1 Like

Here is link to my first journal where I started noticing the rust.
May help

3 Likes

read through your journal. SO MUCH info, it’s amazing. there will still be quite a bit to digest and refer back to as i get more experienced and hopefully make the jump to organic.

SERENADE UPDATE:

it’s honestly really hard to tell if the rust is progressing as it’s on every leaf except for the new growth, and it’s hard to keep track of the new growth. i started taking pics but then also realized if i don’t shoot from the exact same angle and distance, it’s still hard to compare. so i’m going to get better at doing that.

I got the Serenade yesterday, and after my hydrogen peroxide learning experience, did one test bud on each plant. it turned my lovely white pistils to shriveled amber. i don’t think i’ll be using it unless i feel like i can paint each leaf with a q-tip but that could take a week. going to research baking soda next but i think i read somewhere it did the same to other pistils.

I also got a whole room dehumidifier and moved the intake ducts from the outside hallway back into the bedroom so i can create a closed system. the room is still warm, so will keep an eye on the temp. after two hours we’re at 78 degrees and… each hygrometer has a different reading. the cheap ones are at 47% and then my bluetooth probe says 53%. :thinking:

Thelma’s pistils are all thick and shooting straight up. made me sad to see this this morning.

I flushed them both two days ago and last night did a full 100% feed. Will do again tonight to cover my Calmag bases.

1 Like

just seeing this. start of week 3 flower.

Haha! Better late than never. Sorry for the lack of participation. Life!!

2-7-19 Day before the flip

2-27-19 Three weeks later.

Love me some scroggin. :grin:

5 Likes

Now thats filling a space! Excellent, what a stretch! Light penetration? :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Thats one big ass scrog :muscle:t5::muscle:t5: The girls said “what net”

1 Like

After I got through with the scissors, I could have drove a car through there!! :joy::joy:

Right! Its always torture trimming and pruning. This time i went thru snatching whole nodes with impunity. :joy:

whoa this first pic could almost be my tent. but the second… man those reached for the sky!

is this light bleach? they look like little nubs of garlic. hard to take a full pic of it cuz it’s so much brighter than everything else in the photo… too lazy to get out a real camera to control exposure. this isn’t the tallest bud. supposed to be able to get 6" from the light and i think it’s at least 12" now.

1 Like

Yeah, it does look like light burn to me. I got it on my first grow, a White Widow fem that I beat the living hell out of learning on. I read an article that said those sections tested higher THC, presumably from the plant trying to defend itself from the light intensity. I can’t say one way or the other as to their strength, might be biased. But they were definitely more harsh.

1 Like

am i supposed to put a hat on her or something? sunblock? she’s not even that close and we’re only in week 3. i should stick her outside with the others who have weathered 115 temps and crazy humidity and see if she still feels like she has it rough

Yeah, just raise them up an inch or two a day until you see them stop progressing, and raise it a little more as they grow to maintain that height. I ended up with 5 or 6 that just the top half inch or so was snow white. Even on such a small harvest (I think it was around 40 grams) it was hardly noticeable.

1 Like

don’t think i can raise anymore. can dim tho. may also see if there’s any flexibility to bend. unfortunately it’s smack dab in the crowded middle.

actually could raise it if don’t use the provided hardware. just need to figure it out i guess