Blue Dream Day 65......are they ready?

Today is day 65 of flower for the girls. Since this is my first grow, I’d like some of you to give me your expertise on trichome color and if its time to bring them down! I do not want couch lock, I’m looking for a heady buzz with some body high, but not knock out weed. Thanks all!20180723111742

2 Likes

Looks more on the clear side.

2 Likes

ALL the pics show 100% clear trichomes. But the leaves show burn?
You might want to let them get about 20% cloudy trichomes and then harvest.

Looks nice. Autos?

Might be a good idea to start flushing soon. No flush will make a nasty horrible smoke.

2 Likes

They are fems. Been flushing with only RO ph’d water and molasses 13 days. The leaves are slowly dying off. They are down to drinking 1 gallon each every 4 days, temps 65-74°, hum 50%.

The leaves are dying because your flushing your nutes away from soil too soon! She is eating herself alive… usually u want cloudy before u start the flush for this exact reason. May need to harvest earlier then optimum but im not sure

Soooo…not the news I wanted to hear but I’m in deep now, so do I stay the course? They were yellowing and leaves were dying before I started flushing, but what to do…I havent had white pistals for a few weeks, all have been orange/brown. I just got the microscope that I took these pics with today, the 40x was a little hard to see with my bad eyes. I started my flush based on my date estimate and the pistals…I cant be more than a couple days off either way but it is what it is at this point! Fingers crossed!

Hey for what its worth they look mouthwatering! Id smoke em like that :joy: but just let it ride

3 Likes

Stay the course…
Your just about ready… I would give 1 to 2 more weeks and then chop , from the time you took the pics…
Lookin good my friend…
Hopefully you took some clones… :grin:

:v::sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks man! Trying not to freak out!

With active flower production complete based on the OP for a couple of weeks I don’t see that he did badly to start a water only regimen, especially if he’s in soil. Deficiencies are what you want and I see a plant just about ready for harvest. You may be a bit early but maybe not. A lot of factors play into when and how the harvest is gonna go. I would be watching daily and remember that some plants won’t show amber (or even much cloudy) and you will need to watch the condition of the plant. If it starts to go downhill you gotta jump fast.

Without knowing what your entire grow regimen was it’s hard to say you did well or badly but the plant’s condition right now tells me you were a conscientious grower and have done a decent job.

6 Likes

I agree with @Myfriendis410

3 Likes

Thank you for the kind words! Biobizz nutes, so its an organic grow. The pics were taken this morning. I had company this weekend so I wasnt able to remove the dead growth, I usually do that daily. There are some patches of amber trichomes on the smaller, lower areas that I didn’t get good pics of. What should I look for if it’s a “cut them quick” situation?

You have plenty of time… don’t worry… this will become second nature to you in no time… the longer you let it go , the stronger it gets…
I let plants die on the vine… that’s what I call it… it usually ends up being the bud that everyone wants…
You can chop now or wait a week… I would wait a week if I was you… then I would let them sit in the dark for 3 days and then chop… and hang dry in the dark for 2 to 4 weeks depending on your location and then into jars for curing… :grin:

1 Like

I’ve gone this far, so I’m not in any hurry! I want to do it right!

2 Likes

Yeah; at this point you have the right tools to determine harvest point but do keep in mind that amber isn’t always gonna happen. A well executed finish should leave you with relatively few leaves worth keeping. Most will have dropped off by then. One indicator that it’s going downhill would be a lack of viable photosynthetic surfaces (green). At some point the quality is going to fall off. You aren’t there yet.

2 Likes

Well, tonight I’ve made the decision to take them down…lights off at 6am tomorrow, then 36 hrs in the dark. So Tuesday at 6pm they will be harvested. Thank you all for the comme ts and advice. I will snap some pics of the harvest with pre dried weight. If anyone has any advice for me at this stage, please share…I’ve got the temp down to around 63°f with lights out, and 40% humidity. Thanks!

3 Likes

Here’s one of two.

5 Likes