Blue Dream Auto Foxtailing?

I think this girl is foxtailing and I wonder if I might have caused it when I bent her over? Also considering she has a few weeks left what should I do if anything? And when I harvest do I keep the lower non foxtailing buds and gift the others?

2 Likes

@Newt @Fieldofdreams thoughts?

It does look like some fox tailing. I think the best course of action is to lower the DLI. You can accomplish that by less hours of light, or less intense light for the same amount of time. At this point in your grow, a DLI of 30 should be about perfect.

2 Likes

Perfect. I’ll do that. And then the foxtails? Cut em and gift? Or toss?

1 Like

Just ignore them… Evaluate for readiness as if they aren’t there. When you harvest and trim, they will become some nice trim for edibles, etc.

2 Likes

@HeyJB curious, why’d you bend her over during flower?

1 Like

Mainly cause I’m a nube. She was getting much taller than the rest so I karate chopped her. Should’ve just left good enough alone. :unamused:

1 Like

@HeyJB Gotcha. Only way to gain any experience and a knowledgeable opinion is to experiment or ask others (like this lol) about theirs. Thanks for the reply. :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Not only did I bend her too late I also realized when I attempted to fim her that she was already starting to flower! Maybe that was the cause of the foxtailing too. Who knows. All I know is I’m going to be dropping some more of those blue dream autos here in a few more runs. Compared to where I was just a few months ago to now. This place is like attending a grow university and then some.

2 Likes

@HeyJB I like to call it Canna College lol

2 Likes

So definitely trim the foxtails? What if the whole thing looks like one large foxtail?

1 Like

I wouldn’t trim them off until you harvest.

3 Likes

You bent her over so she is also trying to grow vertical. I have had buds fall over and start growing upwards from the flower. Foxtail like but not a foxtail. Lower light power and let her think its time to finish.

2 Likes