Blue Cheese DWC Yield

Ok so I did a CLASSIC noob thing and I bought a strain too quickly without looking deeper into what might work for me. SO! Any hydro DWC folks out there with Blue Cheese experience? I’m super bummed to learn that it is a low-yield strain, and I’m wondering what other folks have gotten practically, and what to do to increase yield. I’m skiddish to try SCROG as this will be my first grow ever, and trying that with DWC might be tough to pull off regarding water changes.
*using King Pro LED in 36×36×63 tent (which I have not yet started as I am waiting for tent and vent equipment to arrive)

You could probably get a better light and then just make sure canopy is full prior to flowering. I wouldn’t expect you would see a huge difference between a low yielding strain and a high yielding strain your first couple of grows anyway.

3 Likes

Yeah i was afraid if get that response. I guess I was hoping for miracle advice lol ah well. Better ask than not. Thank you for your honesty!

2 Likes

That “low yield” is only a guideline. Your mileage may vary lol. If you are doing a photoperiod plant then simply veg longer.

SCROG is an excellent technique although the jury is still out on whether it increases yield or quality. I’ve exceeded SCROG’ed plants in the same grow with upright ones. It DOES lower the overall height if that’s a concern.

4 Likes

Like my buddy there said, you can run a scrog. It’s a good way to make sure you get that full canopy and help not get a ton of larf with weaker light.

Otherwise your ability to create photosynthesis will be biggest determining factor in yield. That’s light, co2, and water. You’ll have water covered obviously, and there’s not enough to light to worry about supplementing co2. Just make sure you have good air exchange. Other than that, the best thing you can do is keep your grow healthy. You do that stuff well and you’re probably not going to see a huge difference from one strain to another.

2 Likes

Yeah it basically boils down to practice and strains. I cant wait to try Afgan though, that plant speaks to my own personal needs on sooooo many levels, and I think it would also be a perfect fit for a small indoor DWC. If I can at least have some success with this Blue Cheese, I’d like to get quantum boards and female afgan seeds for next time.

I grow BC and got about 3 Oz off one plant. They get pretty big and the buds are more spares than other strains. They tend to grow more in nuggets than big colas. However, the smell, flavor, and smoke is excellent even if the yield isn’t the best, it’s quality stuff. I took clones from mine since it was so good.

1 Like

Just remember first runs are always a trial run , you can always grow with kindsoil and not have to worry about anything except making sure your water is ph’d to eactly 6.5 and have sufficient lighting and you are good…example…

2 Likes

I tried dwc twice and my ph swung so hard and so bad every single day i just said “screw it” and a good man by the name of @SilentHippie told me about kindsoil and its been heaven ever since . Are you doing a multi bucket or single bucket setup ? If you are doing single you beeter makensure you have a reservoir because you will be doing a ton of bucket xhanges and have ph swing issues !

1 Like

Connect all the tanks in your dwc, create a recirculating deep water culture system!

Add an extra tank just for the top off reservoir and take it from there! Possibilities are endless. Rdwc with drip rings , undercurrent rdwc, over current rdwc. Basically anything you want. Your only limited by the space and time you have to build. Best of luck

1 Like

Thank you gents! I’m considering using a buffer system to maintain pH. I know the pH will swing a bit, especially between night and day, plus I don’t want to keep a constant 5.8, I need to swing to 6.2 sometimes in order to receive certain nutes. If I find that I have massive swings I can’t control, then yeah, I’d be like f*ck this too haha I’m going to learn sooooooooo much on my first grow round. My remaining supplies are due to arrive early next week so by next weekend I’ll have my setup and a hopefully an adorable little seedling!

1 Like

Hell yeah man thats the attitude. I had it myself brother but hydro is for some and not others. I wish you all the look brother , hope to see some beautiful ladies soon ! Ill be following if you dont mind ! Make sure yountag me when you start the grow journal !

1 Like

@MutilatedMoth
DWC works great for me. Since you haven’t started yet, suggest you consider WW for a first grow. Easy to grow, hardy and large harvest. Friend has some 8 days old with 3rd set of real leaves and 3"+ tall. :cowboy_hat_face::vulcan_salute::v:

2 Likes

Actually… … its “sister” hahah :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: and I’ll for sure tag ya!!

2 Likes

Eh… I made CLASSIC noob move and already bought seeds without DEEP research. I did do a little, but hastily bought Blue Cheese. If I continue the hobby, i really want to do Afghan fem. That strain fits a LOT of my personal needs.

Oh damn sorry , my apologies ! Welcome to the forum by the way . Is it legal in your state ? As you can see im in nc and it isnt . Lol

1 Like

Um. Define legal. lol it is most certainly legal to partake, having a card

1 Like

Can you grow without repercussions if caught ?

With a growers license it’s ok

1 Like

Ahh got you , ok .

1 Like