Blue šŸ§€ auto day 37, what's wrong with this pic/setup?

Iā€™ve taken some smaller but itā€™s hard to root if too small as there will be nothing sticking under the collar to root. Lol. 4 to 5 inches will be a sufficient enough piece to clone without worry. If u wait til like the 3 or 4th week in veg u can snip off both bottom nodes and get clones off those 2 bottoms maybe 2 each maybe more depending how vigorous she is. I usually get 7 or 8 clones from the 2 bottoms when I pull sometimes 6 then if I top it I keep the top big enough to root and keep as another clone here is 8 from a cheese plant vegged 7 weeks one of the clones is the top the other Ćŗ aro the bottom nodes and off shoots from them 2

Mama cheese

2 Likes

They look great :+1: everyone is giving good advice

2 Likes

@HMGRWN are you saying 10 more weeks for these even though theyā€™re autos??? Please lmk your thoughts and I appreciate everything thus farā€¦also, thoughts on hydro peroxide 'washing after harvest?

1 Like

Thank you @MeEasy I appreciate ALL the feedback

1 Like

This is impressive @Mark0427 ā€¦since mine already started flowering I have to wait til my next grow, but I will do what you said and let ya know how it goes, yours are inspiring

1 Like

Autos usually will start flowering about 25 to 35 days from sprout. Then itā€™s a matter of everything going smooth for timelines. From the time u see white pistils pop up to the end depending on the plant u have anywhere a from 8 to 16 weeks in flower depending on the plant. Indicas go much shorter time and sativaā€™s go much longer. Iā€™ve had one plant so far go 16 weeks flower and she was a beast. Wasnā€™t good weed as it was a bag bean from some Mexican brick weed. Looked great but didnā€™t taste good. A super buzz but homegrown taste like crazy.

2 Likes

Well if they r autos u cannot clone autos as they donā€™t have the veg time and recoup time like a photo does. U need photos to do clones

4 Likes

At the far end of possibility but yes.
As @Mark0427 saidā€¦

The other side of the coinā€¦I have a WW auto that is done at 10 weeks total grow from seed.
Autos will do what they want.

2 Likes

@Mark0427 wow, ok I understand. Very informative. I just have to be observant and use the guidelines as a guide but not as definitive, I get it now.Thx for clarifying about autos vs photo

1 Like

I think people get confused by the way these sites word their descriptions of the auto seeds. It says from seed to harvest in only 10 weeks in most descriptions, so people literally think ā€œok Iā€™ll plant this seed and in 10 weeks itā€™ll be fully grown with huge buds to chopā€ but theyā€™re really saying once it starts to flower, u have about 10 weeks until harvest, meaning itā€™s about a 14-15 week process because they donā€™t include veg time in those timelines. So, plant the seed, veg it out for 5 weeks, then when it begins flowering, it should be about 10 weeks or so til itā€™s ready to cut. Also, Iā€™ve read alot on the light schedule for autos, some people think 24/7 lighting will mean more growth which means more bud. A plant, like anything else, still needs to be able to rest. Imagine going hard as hell, for 15 weeks straight without sleep, u wouldnā€™t make it, same goes for a plant kind of. U may be able to get away with it, but they grow more actually in darkness, and right before that light kicks on, the plant actually has itā€™s most significant growth spurt. Iā€™ve been running mines on an 18/6 schedule and will keep it that way until sheā€™s ready to be harvested.

5 Likes

Their seed to harvest times r in perfect conditions which we will never have. Unless u have disposable income lol. Usually their times are what it takes In flower lol

3 Likes

@JiggaMan1987 Yo I def. appreciate your elaboration, it makes perfect sense.With this being my first time at growing, I was thinking play it safe and go by the ā€˜directionsā€™ provided and then factor in variations on later grows.Based on your explanation, it is a little misleading but the support and feedback here is golden :blush:I started the 20/4 schedule but Iā€™m not against 18/6 or 5 on 1 off like someone else mentioned. I was advised by someone that I could go 24/7ā€¦but I asked because most of the info I read the vets and the newbies donā€™t mention that type of schedule. Of course I want pounds of good green my first grow out the box but Iā€™m an optimist AND a realist so Iā€™m good with a happy medium first time around I hope for a few ounces with 2 plants. What are you growing rn?

1 Like

@Mark0427 I feel you on that ā€˜perfect conditionsā€™ ā€¦trichomes will tell is what Iā€™ve gathered as a definite indicator

1 Like

@Capt.Cola is super cropping the method you described as rolling the stalk btwn my fingers to soften it, or something else [pls elaborate]. Also I did lst on some of the lower branchesā€¦can I also top at this point ?Would I wait a few days after doing LST to top or is all on same day fine?

1 Like

Yes super cropping is exactly that. Want to make it so it bends but does break. I roll mine till it starts to lean on itā€™s own. I believe @AfgVet is who got me started with it. Maybe she has other suggestions as well. As for topping you do that when the plant is small around 4-6 nodes. You would not want to top now because you would be cutting off your buds. This last run I didnā€™t top or fimm just lst and the plants are pretty nice size.

2 Likes

@Capt.Cola ok I get what you mean. I am at grow day 49, flower day ~14ish. I will try the super crop @AfgVet I welcome any tips on this new technique if you have any. Thanks CC

2 Likes

@kaptain3d wpuld you mind posting your video of super cropping? Itā€™s better than I can explain.

3 Likes

Here you go! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Thanks Dork!!! :rofl:

2 Likes

I have my lights on for 20 hours and four off

2 Likes