Blue 🧀 auto day 37, what's wrong with this pic/setup?

Hey fam, I’m feeling my first grow is not what it should be. [Comments?]. Started off real simple hoping not to eff anything up, not so sure if I succeeded with that! These are blue cheese auto ILGM seeds day 35 with a pot for pot kit, directions followed except for the leaf shine with Neem spray. I’m feeling like my plants are coming up short [literal and figurative]. This is my first grow, please give me some input and :blush: thanks.

3 Likes

The second pic is a bleu#2 [diff plant], she’s growing smaller than the other-- both planted at the same time though. I’ll posts pics today so you can seé the full plants, they’re kinda small.

2 Likes

They seem to look fine, but it’s hard to see color and texture with the burple pics.

You’ll get more and better responses with pics posted that have been taken in natural, white light.

5 Likes

They look good some plants grow slower then others i wouldn’t be to worried

1 Like

I’m with everyone else, they look good from what I can tell with the lighting. Blue cheese is one of the families favorite strains, great daytime high without the munchies :yum:

2 Likes

I did blue cheese auto by crop king and wasn’t too impressed with it. Had an ok taste and smell not like I figured. Buds came out light and larfy n I think I’m def leaning more towards photo seeds or fem seeds not autos any longer

1 Like

@Mark0427 I’m actually growing my first blue cheese photo all American seed but the cheese berry auto I believe 00seeds is the same blueberry and cheese parents so everyone likes the cheese berry auto I’ll know soon if the blue cheese is similar or not

1 Like

It was ok from there but the taste was not all that impressive. The reg cheese seeds I got from i49 are awesome smoke. Real nice taste but the smell was horrible lol. Smelled like dirty gym socks as they said in the description. Ut man was some good smoke and that was from my first grow lol got one going now that I took 8 clones from gonna get a bit for me to have around for myself :joy::joy:.

1 Like

Sorry that’s from the indoor grow lights. I took some more by turning them off, hopefully better.

2 Likes

@Aussie_autos Thanks T, so this is the beginning of flowering stages since pistils are coming out on the one, right?

1 Like

@MeEasy cool thx, I apologize about the lighting

1 Like

Yep it is starting to flower, picture 2 looks like it could use just a little bit of N with the next feeding but they are looking good :+1:

2 Likes

@MeEasy next grow I want to try LST [thoughts?]…when is the best timing to do that for auto seeds?

Autos are less forgiving than photos time wise. LST works great as long as you get started quickly. I usually start as soon as they have 3 or 4 nodes. I will try to get them to stretch some and maybe top once then keep adjusting for a flat canopy.

2 Likes

Yah thats right

1 Like

I’m about day 47 now and I feel like the leaves on plants 2 are bunched up, will doing LST at this point make a difference w? I can bend them to the side and clip with binder clips without breaking them, I have some hemp string to use, what do think?ith 4 or so weeks to go for potential harvest…Also, I never turn my lights off, is it necessary?

And if so, for how long, like 4 hours a day?

2 Likes

Hi @Mark0427 what stage [week] do you cut the pieces for clones?How long should they be before you cut the [or does it matter?]
Thanks _Indi

1 Like

@MeEasy here’s an updated photo of that plant today…

2 Likes

Still time to get some good out of it.

Try to get the tops all at the same height(or close to it)

Those have just barely started to flower. You may have up to 10 weeks left.

I believe, and many others here as well, the plant needs some rest. 4 hours is a good amount. I have seen growers do a 5 on 1 off cycle with autos.

2 Likes

If you can bend that main without breaking it you can lst or that might need a super cropping by the looks of the stem. Take stalk and roll it in your fingers you will feel it get softer then you can bend it a bit. Got lots of time left to try something.

2 Likes