Blooming with brown leaves

I’m into my third week of flowering autoflower White Widow and I have a couple of leaves that are yellowed and a couple of them have brown tips. The stems look good. The picture only shows the brown tips one is lying against the pot.

1 Like

Brown tips like that normally means nutrient burn,

How big is your pot, strength of nutes, feeding schedule, the whole nine yards if you don’t mind. There is something called a support ticket to fill out, I don’t know where to find it. Let’s ask @dbrn32

1 Like

COPY/PASTE: This “Support Ticket” into your forum post.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA
Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?

System type?
PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?
What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS

Indoor or Outdoor
Light system, size?
Temps; Day, Night

Humidity; Day, Night

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

Co2; Yes, No
Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Do fill it out but just a couple of leaves? How long in flower? Fan leaves get pretty beat up after a while.

1 Like

@HornHead Your right. It is nutrient burn. After several hours of searching I found the notes I had before I started using the computer for tracking. computer took a dump but the notes show I used nutes and then I gave more nutrients when I got the computer up 2 days later. Today the brown did not spread. Will be watching closely. This is only my 2nd successful grow.

Word to the wise, cheap day calendar like this one is a life saver it’s how I keep my notes

3 Likes

It looks like leaf abscission to me, it’s supposed to occur as the plant absorbs available nutrients from older leaves over to flower production, too early into abscission they were hungry, too late and staying green with veg competing with bud, too much N or not enough P.

I’m not familiar with WW Auto and don’t know its characteristics, I prefer non auto, you control when they flower.

Yup.

@HornHead

Is correct… sure sign of Nutrient Buren see the tips that a sign of burn…Just back off the nutrients foe a while and just water say for two weeks and then start them back on 1/2 dose and slowly add more each feeding.

Best of luck

Will

2 Likes

Thanks all for you inputs. This is the 3rd day of not feeding the plant and no more burned tips so it had to be nutrient burn. I have some big buds coming up now.

Into my second month of flowering and i see that a couple of lower leaves are turning yellow. Is this normal or is something lacking? I know it’s not Nutrient burn because there are no more brown tips just the yellowing.

It’s normal for the plant to drop lower leaves not receiving enough to light. It will use its nutrients and discard it

Thank You for the help and quick response.

Mail](Outlook) for Windows 10

1 Like