Blood sugar and cannabis

I apologize if this topic cant be discussed in this forum and if so you can delete this post but i didn’t know where to ask this type of question. Im hypo and have it under control with my diet but i have a really hard time falling asleep so i smoke a bit of marijuana at night to help me sleep cause i figure its better then taking some prescription sleep aid. I was jus wondering if smoking cannabis would have an affect on someones blood sugar levels who is a hypo cause i dont want something to come and bite me in the rear down the road. I have read that hgh genotropin, can improve sleep, any experience?
Thanks for any advice.

Recipes & how to make ( vape - oils - edibles - wax - shatter-RSO ) lets all share are ways and recipes

I knew a kid that started smoking after he was diagnosed with diabetes cause it was all he could do

I am a diabetic and I don’t have any issues with controlling my sugar after smoking (edibles is a whole other story if they are not diabetic friendly) if anything, it helps on the stress level to keep it down because stress in it’s self can raise your sugar… But if you are just using it for a sleep aid at night… that should be ok… I go to bed stable and wake up stable :slight_smile:

I have been injecting insulin for almost 20 years now. I take a slow reacting (Lantus) once a day, and a fast reacting (Humalog) multiple times a day. My sugars have dropped multiple times over the years after getting high. Mainly because they were on the low side to start with. If I don’t wait at least 30 minutes to smoke after taking my Humalog, my blood sugars will drop (and I mean drop hard and fast) every time. As long as I wait over 30 minutes, I’m fine.

My suggestion to you would be eat a small snack right at bedtime to elevate your sugars slightly before falling asleep to avoid any problems.

I’m going to try growing Blueberry because of the effects its supposed to have on Diabetes and see how it works on me. I’m hoping I will be able to cut back on the amount of insulin I take. Time will tell.

I was an outdoor farmer for 30 years. I’ve had diabetes for 10 years. I smoked my own the whole 30. I’ve never had any problems with my diabetes I could associate with smoking.
I also have rheumatoid arthritis, smoking is very effective with helping me deal with the pain and joint swelling but as the years have rolled by I’m no longer able to go up the mountain to farm.
So I’m moving my “meds” indoors!
So I say smoke it if ya got it!

I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes in November of last year. Smoking weed doesn’t affect my blood sugar at all, it’s the munchies and cotton mouth that do hahaha!

Glad to know there’s other members that are diabetics!!

@Rugar89 can you please keep me updated on your finding’s, as I have 3 kids with type 1 & would love to decrease the amount of injections a day.

I actually have a Dexcom unit attached to me, and it takes a reading every 5 minutes. While smoking a blunt, a bong, taking a dab, etc. My blood never fluctuates.

I take my Lantus/Apidra in the morning, and NovoLog for meals.