Blondies First Grow

@PremiumBudzBlondie…in my opinion, absolutely, hands down worth it! I just look at my 2 monitors and a quick glance tells me everything I need to know every time I go down there.

But if your only doing a couple plants in a res probably not worth it for you.

That escalated quickly. Like four 4x4’s?

2 Likes

@dbrn32 No a whole room lol! It sure did, going to town to get the foam board , adhesive and such. Will send update photos tomorrow. Now the trick is how to get all this with a car lol.

@grundo I’m thinking 4 55gal or 38gal totes but will have to @peachfuzz more and figure out the setup, going to attempt to build my own RDWC setup using those totes, so similiar to peachfuzz’s setup just bigger totes.

@Myfriendis410 will be doing the foam board room setup then covering the foam board with mylar

3 Likes

How much of it do you plan to use for plant canopy opposed to room for access?

1 Like

The Styrofoam I’m talking about is metallized on one side; you don’t need to do anything else.

Here’s my old journal; it should give you some insight into my grow space. You’ll have to wade through a bunch of crap but there’s some good pictures in there.

5 Likes

Will be utilizing atleast 6x6 so let’s plan on canopy of 7x7. Rather have more than enough light than not enough

3 Likes

I guess my thought is that you will have a way to get into tent and tend to plants. For example, If you left a 2’ walkway down the middle that would give you two separate growing areas roughly 3’x8’. Or however you decide to use, but it seems more reasonable than leaving 1’ all the way around outer edge.

6 Likes

Why not think of it like ‘one light per plant so how many plants?’

3 Likes

Because someone will take that out of context and revive a year old topic to call me out on it lol.

6 Likes

Sounds like you have danced the dance already haha.

4 Likes

I absolutely see what your saying and dont disagree, the 1’ all the way around the edge of the room, would allow me 4’ extra to have a walkway down the middle and a reservoir to the front right, so it’s not that I necessarily was going to have a 1’ walk around the outside edge, more if a buffer u til I figured out best way to utilize area i guess. If that makes sense.

1 Like

Will be 8-12 total plants

1 Like

Back wall complete

3 Likes

@dbrn32 this is the room, it’s still under construction but I’m getting there lol. Its exact measurements are 100" wide by 94" deep

7 Likes

Ok. So all I really need is an area of canopy so I can determine proper flux density. It doesn’t make sense to light the whole space that way if a significant amount will be walkway. To build a light for a true 6x6 canopy would be huge.

3 Likes

Ok makes sense, will put the 2’ walk way down the middle so 2 3x8 areas

2 Likes

8 Likes

Now for the ceiling :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::tada::tada::tada::tada::tada:

2 Likes

So for each side you could go with three 260 kits, or build out fixtures. 560mm strips on hlg-240 drivers makes sense and are easy builds.

5 Likes