Blondie's 4th Grow (OG Kush Photos)

Thanks for confirming, think i will just do 2 more 320W XL HLG lights. Although the diablo boards on the 650R look beastly but those wont fit as well for coverage i dont believe. 3x8 section on both sides of the door to the grow room 3ft wide and 8ft length. Still thinking the 320W XL’s are my best choice unless I go with a complete DIY

4 Likes

@AutoMattik might as well speak on it

2 Likes

The 350r has diablo boards, is not much more than 320 kit, and is shaped like a 320 kit.

3 Likes

I prefer Gorilla Glue to WW, I have a very nice GG clone mom.

3 Likes

11 Likes

40 days into flower, 2-3 weeks left

4 Likes

Nice. They look great all rimmed up :+1:

2 Likes

Need to get in and clean the room alittle

1 Like

@i_am_a_yeti

This is my fourth grow, these are in 5 gal pots except the 1 in a 10 gal pot. The medium here is Promix HP very good medium so far. I have also used Mother Earth Coco + perlite also works well. I will eventually be switching over to hydro growing but based off all the information and tips i got in the beginning I knew i had to beable to get and keep all aspects of my grows spot on before making that leap because it is very unforgiving. With that beimg said Coco medium is the closest you will get to hydro growing but has alot of forgiveness. You still get the rapid growth but without all the fussiness. Majority of my grows have been coco so im really starting to feel like im getting it dialed in. If you scroll up those are at day 40 with about 20 days left. I tend to keep my grows smaller as its easier to maintain but this grow started of with 12 plants but 7 of them ended up being males so i removed them. There is always way more to learn when growing and its real easy to get ahead of yourself quickly but the best thing to do to get the best possible results is keep it simple and manageable at your skill level, once youve mastered that then take the next step. Feel free to tag along as these finish up and if you need help there are plenty of very experienced growers here that are more than willing to help.

9 Likes

Definitely gonna follow thanks for the tag.

So with coco, since it doesn’t constantly release nutrients I felt like that’s an extra safety blanket that won’t be there anymore (talking in terms of available nutrients). Obviously that would be a non-issue after dialing in the feeding schedule and everything. I’m sure I will give it another shot.

I’m using Happy Frog now and the plants are very healthy just not flowering yet and week 8 started yesterday. I just did a flush and started week 8 nutes, I’ve got my fingers crossed. I don’t know why all three aren’t flowering yet but I’m assuming that since all three aren’t flowering it probably has to do with the nutrients. This grow is all autos too.

Thanks again for the tag!

4 Likes

Yummy! :drooling_face: Nice looking flowers!

1 Like

Thank you Noc, them seem to have stopped sweeling but still aways to go with them so hopefully they are just going through a short phase and do some good swelling right at the end

3 Likes

Well they do say the last two weeks they really swell up. So hopefully they do. They are slightly bigger than my plants. Mine are in 1 and 2 gallon pots.

1 Like

You have some diesel sized stems on those ladys. Mine are pretty wimpy in comparison but I did no training really except lollipoping lol

1 Like

All out of likes but good to hear they are happy. With coco the medium holds the nutrients and its next to impossible to overwater them which is why is about as close as it gets to hydro. With that being said you still dont want to always keep your medium soaking wet as you will just be inviting aphids and such, along with mold on the top of your medium. So how i water and feed is like this. I mix my nutrients at about 1/3 of the recommended dose into a gallon of water. Shake it up to make sure its all mixed then I check the pH of the water. I have found 5.8 to 6.0 is the sweet spot for coco, once I got the pH dialed to where i want it i then check the EC the stage where my plants are right now they are getting about 1800 EC. Once the EC is where i want it, i then water each plant until i get around 10% run off water coming out the bottom. I will then check that run off to see what the pH and EC are and document it. My goal is to keep the EC within + or - 300 points and the pH within .75 points. So for example say i put in 5.8 pH solution with and EC of 1800, my run off should read 5.1 to 6.5 (this would be an acceptable range) and the run EC should be 1500 to 2100 (this would be an acceptable range). If my readings were on the high side of those numbers, the next time i fed i would just lower the pH to say 5.6 and EC to 1600 and then read the run off to see how close i am to the middle of that range. At their current stage i have to water/fed them every other day and it takes about a gallon of solution (water+nutes) for each plant. Now keep in mind this varies drastically for each stage and each strain even when using the same medium. Now say when i checked my EC on the inflow solution and ut was alittle lower than my desired amount, with them being in late flower I would just add alittle more P & K until it was where i wanted to be. I use advanced nutrient line and it works very well in coco and i get very good results for my experience level. As for auto’s they honestly do what they want when they want. I have had some do as they should and start flowering around week 5 or 6 and i have also had some start flowering within a week of breaking through the coco. I have heard of a few people 8-10 weeks in and theirs still wasnt showing signs if flowering. I truly believe it has alot to do with genetics and enviroment. If everything isnt dialed in it could be stunting the grow which in return isnt allowing them to flip like they should or they could just be stubborn and take a few more weeks. Another thing you could try is to flip your light schedule to 12/12 and see if they start flowering after a week or so, possibly they got mixed up and they are actually photos not autos. But to say its strictly just the nutrients as to why they are going into flower i wouldnt agree with, if your nutes where this far of your plant would be showing it in discoloration, wilting, etc.

Happy growing and learning, glad to have you along for the ride and i hope you are able to learn something from it that hekps you on your grow. I used to document every little thing on my grows so that any new grower could just pick up and copy the grow on their own end but have since learned even at that no 2 grows will ever be the exact same.

6 Likes

Yea i tried the 1 gallon monster plant like @MattyBear did and still does, i was not even remotely successful at it. That requires true skill and talent to grow em like that and still have nice big dense colas like he gets on them. Really is impressive. Now i hear they are doing a solo cup grow challenge lol. Im not on that level yet lmao. Your plants are looking absolutely fantastic and im sure at harvest both of us will be happy with the outcome.

5 Likes

@i_am_a_yeti

Also with coco, yes it is an inert medium. Meaning it has no nutrients in it. But once you start feeding with nutes it still holds those nutrients within the medium and releases them to the root sytem. And the frequency that you feed atleast for me is everytime i water i feed , they never get plain water after i start feeding. Also if your doing brick coco or anything that hasnt already been buffered and rinsed and buffered again then you definitely wilo need to do that and there is a thread about how to do it the right way on here i believe, if not many many folks can walk yoi through the process. I dont start feeding my plants anything until they have 3-5 sets of true leaves (besides CalMag).

4 Likes

I havent tried lollipopping and yea just the vontainer size difference alone acvounts for alot of the difference lol. In the beginning i was feeding a moderately heavy fose of bio root , it does seem to make a diffrrence. The plant in the ten gallon pot i will have to cut down using a hand saw, no joke the stem is that thick and hardy. Hoping the buds follow suit. I truly think for many big colas manifolding or Scrog is the way to go. Im hoping to pull 1lb off these 5 plants but we will see. Trialed one if the PTW buds a few days ago and the taste, smell, and potency are definitely on point. Shit knocked my titties in the dirt lol.

4 Likes

I feel like i have to lollipop cause all the water splashing on the lower buds when I water can’t be a good thing. Plus it let’s the top get more energy :joy: I watched that Kyle kushman video and he had a very interesting technique I might try on my next flower cycle. Scrog is definitely the way to go I’m also doing that next cycle. I have to build new ones for the grow boxes.

Glad its some good smoke for you lol I had a California Dream branch snap off. I smoked it today. It was unflushed and unwashed. It tastes extremely earthy. Smells Really good… Not sure if flushing really changes it very much but I always do it and wash the buds too. It looks like you should be close to that pound but I’ve learned looks can be very deceiving lol

1 Like

Yes they sure can, but not it should be really close if not alittle over. The fifth plant is in my closet under the Mars Hydro light. Even with it by itself the Mars dont hold a candle stick to the HLGs. Each HLG 320W XL has 2 plants under it, and is growing alot bigger and heavier buds.

2 Likes