Blk widow grow log

Holy crap!!! Newbie coming!!!
So this distilled water I got to test digi ph meter all went well till I calibrated ph meter tested my water and it came out 4.9 to 5.1! I’m thinking Dan i didnt do it right. But then used old school ph testing with my ph up and down that @raustin suggested and gosh darn it was really 5.1. So I think I found my issues ph in water way to low. I’m going to water my seedling with mist bottle cause last time I did this I way over watered.
I feel so stupid thinking bottle water was up to specs. As my father told me never asume test test test.

1 Like

You caught it early. Not a big enough issue to cause many problems so soon. But in a week or two it could have been an issue.

That’s great that you caught it early, good job.

Aaahhh you guys I’m blushing, :blush::relaxed::relaxed::blush:

This is the brand I bought! Just a heads up all

1 Like

Im a rainwater, ozarka, aquafina guy. Unless i let the tap sit 24 hours (very rare, but sometimes rain just wont come)

All it dose is rain here. 42° and pouring.
It doesn’t matter what water I use as long as I know proper ph and if it has nutes in it? Right or kinda right?

Uhh kinda. Softened water is a no no for plants. And depending on you soil amendments and requirements, I recommend letting tap water sitting 24 hours to allow chlorine etc to evaporate for it. Its harmful to ur soils ecosystem. Especially is growing in ‘living soil’ and to bacteria (good n bad) in it.

Distilled, RO, spring, well, tap (if allowd to sit) are all great options

I cant use my well water it’s hard and we soften it with salt. So I’m using distilled, do I have to let it breath for 24 as well. Cause I’m trying to use water with little to nothing in it so i know what’s added or omitted. The little one us in happy frog alone, then will go into a 3to1 of ffof to ffhf.

Light questions…
Is a 60w led house bulb worth anything in seedling range. And I have a 4ft climate light for my snake a 120v 40x florescent could that be used for seeds just poking threw?

Sorry
Please and thank you

The LED house bulb will work of its it’s a cool color, not warm for seedlings. Reptile lights work great for plants. I once grew tilladansia with those fluorescents in a poison dart frog tank.

With fluorescents is there a distance norm?
Thanx

They can go very close, like 6".

No you dont have to let distilled water breath or sit out for 24 hours.

My bad. Yes distilled is good, doesnt need to sit. Thanks Ao

Ok my seeds have all sprouted with seeds still covering leaves and I’ve learned that if you force the seed off the sprout it will not bloom its first leaves and die.
So my question do I put them under the led with the other seedling under the light or wait till seeds fall off untill I light them up. @raustin is this a good time for reptile light, but I’ll lose my heated room. (They are in a dark boiler room that’s like 78° to 80°) so if I use the light I lose the heat. Tried to get heating pad but none had adjustment dials. And shipping takes to long for these right now.
Just looking were to go from here.

What color temp is that 60w? It would be fine for ‘seedling’ stage. And u could keep ur heat right, right?

N i take tweezers or my fingernails and gently remove the seed husks. The girls wanna be free. If it doesnt budge dont force it. Give it a couple hours then try again.

Ignore me. Listen to her :point_down:t5:

Yes, put them all under the light, they need light now. 78° is perfect for seedlings, don’t worry about the heat.

Like it’s ok to put them under reptile light in a 65° room.

The 60w is white I guess I mean that’s the color light it is.