**Blue Dream’Matic **
Day 1 above ground and already performing surgery
Blue Dreamatic was being a bit of an overachiever and tried to jump out of her rapid rooter. I propped her up with a stem from my last harvest while I thought on what to do next.
I decided to slice the rooter top to bottom down one side and opened it up like a book. I could see that the bottom of the taproot had already gone digging deep, so I did my best to nestle the seedling lower down into the rooter.
I’ve done this on previous grows for the same reason with no issues, but this grow is a bit different. In the short period of time I had the humidity dome removed while I was deciding what to do, I noticed part of the root stem appear to start drying up. Doh! Should have moved faster!
So when I made the cut, I nestled the seedling down deep in a way that will hopefully result in seeing a strong and happy seedling unfurl.
I then closed the rapid rooter back up and secured it with a small zip tie to ensure that the seedling had support. As the seedling begins to take root, I’ll remove the zip tie before placing her into her net basket.
Day 2 above ground. We’re experiencing an oddly warm and sunny day, so I moved the seedlings over to the window, still with the heating pad underneath. Come one, Blue! Pull through!
Miss Tangie was a bit more mellow in the germination process. When I took the seedlings out of darkness, I could see by peeking into the rooter she had sprouted her taproot. By the next day she was saying hello .