Blasting's Autopot journal

No problem amigo. Those strips are 24mm wide, and the tape I linked is 20mm wide. Seems to work fine, but you can go with the 30mm tape if you want or see if you can find 25mm.

1 Like

ouch, its 50$ for 2 of these connectors on amazon canada, would wagos work too?

1 Like

Yup, three two port wagos per driver. One for hot, one for neutral, and one for ground.

I would look around for those connectors from digikey or whatever. They’re like $4-5 each here.

1 Like

cant seem to find them with all these things on digikey lol, do you happen to have a item number or something? would be great, if not ill just go with wagos 20 of the 2 ways is 10$ at amazon. and what type of wire do i need again? I think it was 16G solid copper right? and just wire them all in series?

18awg solid is what I use. The insulation on 16 doesn’t fit in the connectors the greatest. Yes, all in series on the wiring too. Per driver anyway.

I’ll see what I can find on the connectors. There’s like a shit ton of people that make them though.

1 Like

Try meanwell cjo4-1.

1 Like

No luck, Ill use wagos and will have a 18" fan blowing a the top of the tent to prevent heat and humidity if that helps any.

1 Like

You’ll have to see, will definitely be pushing cooling capabilities of plate that size by itself.

1 Like

Best way to solve that? I believe we can still do the channel thing you talked about earlier. or mount 1" large x 30" 1/8 alu plates fixed to a frame instead? maybe that would dissipate heat better?

Somethinglike this but the other way around with only one strip per alu bar, so like 11 1"x30" alu plates mounted to a 20x30 frame, spread them around, more airflow in between strips? more heat dissipation? trying to think of something loll!

1 Like

Ya that would probably work. If you put a bunch of small channels on top of the plate with some thermal paste or tape that would technically increase the surface area of the plate too. However you think is best.

1 Like

thanks alot for everything, very informative once again. so nice to have a master of DIY lights around that actually answers as fast as flash most times.

i am brainstorming everything, you should see this up in 2 wks or so :slight_smile:

1 Like

No worries, not sure I’m master of anything either haha. I’ll be looking for it, lemme know if you hit any bumps.

1 Like

for sure, thanks alot!

one last question, if i ran in parallel, would i be able to only run one driver drilled to middle of tent with extra wire?

nevermind that ill run them series, i found waterproof connectors for a good price, how much of them do i need and do i need two or three pins connectors?

1 Like

You’ll want one 3 pin connector per driver. All it does is provide a nice solid connection from the power cord to the ac input cable on driver.

You could run a single driver, something like an hlg-480. I would recommend against it though. Two hlg-240’s works nice there.

1 Like

gotcha, can I cut and use any power cord I already have?

Shouldn’t be too big of an issue. You’ll want 3 prong cord probably 14-16awg with those drivers. See what fits the connectors you ordered.

thanks a thousand times!

1 Like

No problem!

1 Like