Blasting's Autopot journal

right, so 7 strips each. gotcha on that one thanks loll didnt think of this.

1 Like

No biggie. You said you already ordered the stuff?

2 Likes

not yet, almost did tho lol!

1 Like

I usually don’t recommend it, but you’re sitting in a spot where a parallel configuration with a cv/cc driver would make your life real simple.

The problem there is that when/if a portion of the circuit is opened it will make the rest of current available to the part of the circuit that’s still connected. Depending on how high that current gets, can instantly fry remaining leds or lead to to a thermal runaway situation.

1 Like

we are trying to keep this under 600$CAD to light that 30x72 place, we were at around 580$ @ digikey for 16 strips and these two drivers, we almost went the CMH way but it would end up costing more for good reflectors.

We are open to alot of way of doing it, my friends an iron worker so we can figure out any frame/plate assembly easily, and I am confident working with electronics. I will do whatever you tell me to do that would be best to be able to run them at least 12" close to canopy, be it strips/cobs/qbs.

thanks alot again.

1 Like

Strips are better to run closer, as each strip doesn’t provide a ton of intensity. Unless you can get something like qb 120’s kinda cheap? Otherwise you can play with the spacing on the strips to spread intensity better.

What I’m thinking based on the nature of the space, is that you’ll be better off going with 560mm strips then. You can build 2 or 3 different fixtures and get more coverage, which will also allow you to spend them out a little more and run closer.

1 Like

Do you already have aluminum, or limited to what size you can get?

1 Like

not limited on that at all my friend can get most things from the shop at work. I tried different config and it seemed like 1120’s was lowest price ? maybe I got it wrong lol.

Maybe. The material costs fluctuate a little and vary some by distributor. A 560 eb is exactly half the voltage of the 1120 and exactly half the light output as well. So if the price is half it’s about the same. The biggest difference is that you can usually fill drivers better with 560’s.

1 Like

What target wattage would you want in that space? Im pretty sure I have to go with 3 drivers unless I do two fixtures @ 1A current? 200-250w each?

Two HLG-240H-C1050A with 12 560’s each @ 1.05A comes out cheaper, idk how I did that yesterday lol. would put me right near 500W for around 15 sqft. does that sound right? could do something like 25x30 plates and spread them?

Actually much cheaper, i think it was 560$ and now down to 449$ that way. losing some watts but better coverage, room will be two plants scrogged 30x36 scrogs each, so I think 25x30 plates will be best! and if we decide to only scrog half the room then we can separate it with panda and run a sog on the other side, i think thats the best bet.

1 Like

and If i got that right, both fixture would output around 40 000 lumens each for around 250W and would be able to run them closer then CMH, seems like a good deal.

Sounds about right, and seems like a much better option to me.

what kind of wagos would i need? and how do i wire these?

Each hlg-240h-c1050a will run up to 11 eb gen 2 strips wired in series. Two 2 port wagos per driver on the dc side, and 3 of the same wagos on ac side per driver if you choose to use those over the waterproof barrel connectors.

Get the 20mm wide thermal transfer tape if you’re planning on using that. Otherwise only other stuff you should need is wire, power cords, and whatever hardware you plan on using.

Edit… was speaking above about 560mm eb gen 2 strips.

1 Like

so 10 wagos, 22 strips and two drivers should be what i need from digikey? with thermal transfer tape?

E: what are those barrel connector? I will use whatever is best.

E2: i calculated 12 strips, are you saying 11 to not drive drivers at almost 100% their capacity?

238 volts to maintain constant current and forward voltage at 1050ma is higher than at 700ma. If they all fall at typical forward voltage, you’d be about 2 volts short of clearing that 12th strip.

1 Like

gotcha, so about 225w per board, a lil less then we were shooting for but we still get that 30w/sqft or good leds. thanks alot! what are those barrel connectors we should be looking for?

1 Like

Yup I was looking for links

https://www.amazon.com/ATPWONZ-Waterproof-Electrical-Junction-Underground/dp/B01NALYPFT/ref=pd_aw_sim_328_of_50?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=5KNF50T0XNYSWCB8M1TG

https://www.amazon.com/BCP-Adhesive-Thermal-Conductive-Heatsink/dp/B01MSL64XG/ref=mp_s_a_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1537663655&sr=8-6&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=thermal+transfer+tape&dpPl=1&dpID=312RWPXofdL&ref=plSrch

1 Like

Thanks alot!!

1 Like