Blasting's Autopot journal

Would you recommend doing 56cm in two different plates? One driver per

If you can increase the size of plate for cooling yes. Otherwise it’s pretty much a wash. The heat watts per surface area needs to get better in order to improve.

1 Like

My friend building it with me is an iron worker so he can get pretty much any sized piece of alu from work, what would i need to work with?

Can he get some small pieces of channel you can mount to top to create more of a heatsink out of the plate? That would solve a lot.

1 Like

Yeah probably, what size?

Whatever you can get. 24”x24” would probably be plenty for 560’s on 200 watt driver, or equivalent on 1120’s and 400 watt if add surface area to plate. Some 1x1 channel work well or even 1x.5 anything along those lines if you get enough of them on there.

1 Like

How thick should plate be?

1/8” usually good, if you get bigger a little thicker probably wouldn’t hurt.

1 Like

Alright! Ill get shopping! Thanks as always! I think I can pull this for about the same price as a cmh fixture and be able to run it much closer!

1 Like

welp this week was bad… real bad.,. first of car wouldnt start no more 350$ later it still doesnt, broke my brand new phone, lost my job and came home to bb and blue cheese having a full res because tap was off… fml… citrus skunk also stretched over my lights… cant be worse right now I think! welp!

Unreal @Blasting. Sorry to hear of your troubles. Sux big time

1 Like

Damn bro, sorry to hear. Keep trucking along and things will fall back into place.

After a good night of sleep, feels good to be home with my lovely girlfriend. trying to figure out if im cutting blue cheese and bubble it or try to keep it alive… buds lost all smell and are very dry. blueberry got trough it tho and buds are still hard as rocks.

2 Likes

Nooooo…

I think you just added another level of paranoia to me… is the res on. I’ll add that too “did I start a fire”. :wink:

Sorry to hear about the job. You were mining or O&G in Quebec, no?

yeah i was blasting in Quebec. welp ill find something real soon im not worried, more worried about my plants dieing atm lol! i cut blue cheese and will bubble it, genetic was not great from the start so i moved lemon zkittles and my small garlic zkittlez wich smells amazing in the 2x3 with blueberry, i switched BB to overdrive also.

2 Likes

running out of sensi bloom so i ordered one more liter package. also got myself some 5gal bubblebags, should be here tommorow!

1 Like

Hello everyone, pictures are missing, sorry, phone is broke. blueberry is bulking up nicely and smelling good. Woops is really big now and smelling good also.

@dbrn32 I went and planned our build with my friend, room will be 30"x70"x58"

we planned on buying 16 x BXEB-L1120Z 3500k with one HLG 320h-c1050b and one 240h-c700b on a 24x 46 plate of 1/8 alu, added channel if needed.

how would i go about wiring these and how would you place them with these different current? 9 drivers on one and 7 drivers on another.

thanks alot :smiley:

1 Like

You’re going to exceed the line to line voltage rating on the hlg-240 running 9 strips on it. The voltage drop at each strip obviously wouldn’t be that high, but you shouldn’t design like that. And I’m thinking you will need to add some surface area to the plate.

To answer your question though, you would want the strips with highest output near the edges and lower powered strips in the middle.

1 Like

Are you sure i am exceeding voltage? if i cheked correctly they output 357 and 305v max?

Yessir, connectors rated for 300 volts.