šŸÆ blackthumbbetty's CannakitchenšŸ«

@blackthumbbetty hope you are well, I have a question, and I apologize if itā€™s already been discussedā€¦

Is it possible to use the concentrate from a fully evaporated QWET in a vape cartridge?

The bit of searching I did on the topic brought me to no conclusion :thinking:

4 Likes

Check out the concentrates blog that Caligurl created. Thereā€™s info there on how to do it.

6 Likes

@Jake3 thank you sir!

4 Likes

Betty, Love the Detail!!! You Da Woman!

3 Likes

@blackthumbbetty should I purchase the 2.5 ml molds for gummed or would the 1 ml be ok?

Do you have a favorite recipe you could share about making Gummies?

Also what would shelf life be on those?

Finally with a ounce of herb how many finished product gimmies 2.5 ml mold and 1 ml mold would you guess.

You are quite the Chef.

3 Likes

Here are the ones I purchased. I refuse to pay extra for just fancy shapes.

https://www.amazon.com/Silicone-Chocolate-Truffles-Pralines-Caramels/dp/B0832GFTXX/ref=mp_s_a_1_6?dchild=1&keywords=gummy+molds&qid=1625058470&sprefix=gummy+mo&sr=8-6

6 Likes

I store my gummyā€™s in the freezer last a long time

5 Likes

Ditto on the freezerā€¦

3 Likes

I use these too. Theyā€™re great, donā€™t need to spray them with pam, they pop out easily.

3 Likes

can you decarb and infuse at the same time? Why not?

1 Like

@gollybillager You can, but you will be limited in thc activation. From the research I did, you can expect 60-70 percent thc activated while infusing. By decarbing first and then infusing, you can get over 90 percent depending on the method.

5 Likes

If you have an instapot they make decarb/infusion simple

6 Likes

@AfgVet

Maā€™am,

Please tell me how in Simple steps or link me to the process of how to use a Insta-Pot for Decarbing weed.

4 Likes

Place your bud in a mason jar, put the lid on just slightly finger tight. If you are familiar with canning you want to treat it the same. You can add butter, ghee, oil etc if you want to infuse something. Place the jar on the trivet inside of the pot. Fill with water 1/2 way up the jar. Then run the IP for one hour on high pressureā€¦ Thatā€™s how easy it is and your house wonā€™t smell like weed

9 Likes

You can decarb it and infuse it with oil at the same time this way?

Iā€™m interested in trying thisā€¦ I usually use the oven to decarb the bud, and then simmer my oils in a crockpotā€¦ (with good results) but Iā€™d like to try it this way, to see how it works out.

My friend sent me a video link on how to do thisā€¦ but in the video (which was great) the woman had a special metal container and some other things that she used. I donā€™t have all of that stuff. (I DO have Mason jars though!)

6 Likes

As long as you have a trivet or some way to raise the mason jars off the bottom of the pot youā€™re golden.

I havenā€™t personally infused oil with it but I have infused ghee. Decarb and infuse all at once without the smell

7 Likes

I use one of the Mason jar lidā€¦

10 Likes

Thatā€™s a great idea Kap!

5 Likes

My mom and grandmother used to do that when they were potting jam and preservesā€¦ :nerd_face:

8 Likes

@Shannon32

2 Likes