šŸÆ blackthumbbetty's CannakitchenšŸ«

Thanks for sharing. Sounds absolutely delicious :drooling_face:

1 Like

Thanks, everyone! Youā€™re too, too kind.

What kind, I have no clue. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

12 Likes

(L)Cappuccino Truffle cups
(M)Strawberries and Cream Truffle cups
-R- Snickerdoodle Truffle cups.

Made with:
2x 85% Lindt bars
3.25ish grams cannabis oil
5 of each corresponding Lindt Truffles

Step-by-step pics coming later. Nothing fancy, just time consuming. These are definitely not my prettiest creation, but they sure do taste wonderful. I bet you all could really make these look lovely and I want pics when you do, please and thank you.

14 Likes

Welcome back. Thanks for sharing the knowledge!

1 Like

Glad to see your back BTB. I need to get off may backside and get more involved again.

3 Likes

@blackthumbbetty, good to see you back. I would like your opinion on decarbing a larger quantity of CCO at a time. Maybe like 8 to16 ounces of concentrate at a time.

2 Likes

@blackthumbbetty @Caligurl. Will a good ol fashioned Hersheyā€™s milk chocolate bar work for the chocolate bear recipe? Thanks.hope you girls are doing well and staying safe. Iā€™m trying to do my best impersonation of Betty Crocker. Lol. :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

I donā€™t know why notā€¦

I was worried it wouldnā€™t work, so I went back to store and got a chocolate made for melting for baking. I filled one mold and had some left so the next mold I dropped in a mini Reeseā€™s pieces. I ate a few after dinnerā€¦they are just now kicking inšŸ‘

3 Likes

I actually donā€™t like the ā€˜meltingā€™ chocolatesā€¦ They just taste kindaā€™ waxy. So how much wax did you use for how many ounces of chocolate?

LOL! I like to act like Iā€™m Julia Childsā€¦ she always drink wine while she was cookingā€¦ ā€œA little wine for the sauceā€¦ a little wine for meā€¦ā€

2 Likes

Hi @blackthumbbetty. Do you have a recipe for special almond brittle?

1 Like

What kind of chocolate do you use? I used @blackthumbbetty recipe from above. 240 grams of chocolate to 3 grams of extract. My molds are smaller, only hold 3.5 mils, about 3/4 tsp if I did the math right.lol. So i ended up with almost 70 little bears. Probably could of had more if I wasnā€™t so messy. Lol. It wasnā€™t bad, but at first it was kind of slow going and kept overfilling. But then I got it down pretty good. Practice will definelty help. And if I had a helper would of been good too. Being first time I was freakin the chocolate was going to thicken up too much so I was in a hurry. Fill a few molds then Iā€™d stop to make sure I stirred remaining chocolate. My anxiety was getting to meā€¦but the bears will help me out with that later. Lol. Prolly could of gotten few more bears if I was little more efficient. But for my first time it went ok I think. Next time I might make few adjustments to recipe just for personal taste. Thanks again for all your help.

3 Likes

Fluid oz, correct?

Sure, but it wonā€™t be the most delicious thing ever, of course. :grinning:

I typically use baking chips, myself. Sometimes, fancy chocolate bars.

5 Likes

Just waiting on the step by step and Iā€™m pulling the trigger.

1 Like

I donā€™t, sorry!

Tbh, in my opinion, every regular recipe can be turned into a cannabis recipe by adding some decarbed concentrate. :grinning:

For estimating potency of infusions/extracts, the THC/CBD% is needed. If you donā€™t know it, start with an average 15%:
-1000mg=1gr
-15% of 1 gram=150mg
-150mg of Cannabinoids per gram of buds
-300mg of Cannabinoids per gram of kief
-30-40mg of Cannabinoids per trim
-approximately 750mg Cannabinoids per gram of clean, purged, extract

11 Likes

I wonā€™t be able to finish it til Monday. After the initial straining, the wash gets frozen for another 48 hours before being double-filtered (at the minimum). All the trich husks, unwanted plant waxes/lipids, and even any excess moisture will form a nice sludge at the bottom, so when you filter your wash, most of those unwanteds are already held out of suspension because of the cold temps.

Youā€™ll see what I mean in a couple days.

4 Likes

My mold has 30 cavities which each hold 1 tbsp or 15 ml (1 tbsp of chocolate chips equals approx 15 grams). For unfilled cannabis chocolates, I only use 1 tsp per mold (10 tbsp total) and 3-4 grams of concentrate. For filled chocolates, I use more chocolate, but the same amount of concentrate. This way, I know each chocolate will have about 75mg of THC.

3 grams into 70 bears equals 2250mg total.
Each of your bears has about 32mg THC.

:grinning:

4 Likes

It is frozen in a block, I was just going by actual weight on the scale.