🍯 blackthumbbetty's Cannakitchen🍫

Good luck! If you have any questions, let me know.

Please come show-off your final product, too!

1 Like

Do have a quick question. I have trim that was frozen fresh and cured buds. Which would be best to use for a vape end product

The buds! Don’t grind them, just break them up by hand, not too small. After your dab wash, do a second process of them thrown in with the trim for FECO. :grinning:

3 Likes

Do I keep them separated or combine the trim wash with the bud wash?

1 Like

For dabs, only the bud.

AFTER you wash the buds once, save the material to toss in with your trim. 1st Bud wash is for dabs. 2nd wash with used buds and trim is for edibles.

4 Likes

Here is the final product of a QWET using 2nd wash buds. I decarbed it after removing about 90% of the alcohol. Got 4 grams of lovely concentrate. Could probably get away dabbing this, even. However, its destination is mah belly.

Top pic is the oil as it dried on my mat after decarb

Bottom pic is the oil a few seconds after the first, after I folded the mat over a few times to gather the goodness into a blob.

It’s ready to go! Just waiting on the ingredients for the next recipe I’m trying out. Since it’s an experiment, I won’t share it here…yet. Once I’ve tested it out on myself and some friends, I will post step-by-step instructions. Til then, here’s the experiment thread:

9 Likes

:drooling_face:

4 Likes

Welcome to ILGM @RetiredShenanigans

Thank you

How many grams of this would I add to ghee?

1 Like

That’s up to you.

2 Likes

Does it look right so far?

4 Likes

Yes. Nice, clean looking wash. Not much chlorophyll. Now, to allow the alcohol to evaporate off.

4 Likes

Popcorn buds and frosty sugar leaf. Got the mat, let’s see what we can collect. How much would you use for edibles. Say snickerdoodles or fruity pebble cereal bars

The 1st ever run was a success thanks to @blackthumbbetty

17 Likes

I use 1 gram of concentrate per 6-10 servings.

Looks sticky stanky delish!

8 Likes

Do you have a consistent time and temperature that you are getting best results with for an oven decarb of the extracted cannabis oils?

Consistent temp of 250F. Time wise, I’d say a minimum of 30 minutes, but the upper limit is open: it’s done when it’s done. :grinning:

1 Like

Thought I’d start off with my go-to edible: Cannachocolates. I pop these into my coffee. They’re also delicious stand alone bites of high intensity flavor and texture.

You’ll need to decide on molds to use for your chocolates before starting anything. Then, from there determine how much chocolate goes into each serving. Then, after you get that settled, you can figure out how much cannabis oil or budder to add.

For me, I use 2 sizes of molds: one has 30 spots and holds 1 tbsp per, one has 48 spots and holds 1.25 tsp per. For Not-so-basic Cannachocolates, I like to keep my servings at 1-1.5 tsp of chocolate, if possible; I weigh the chocolate out for accuracy, with 7.5 grams equaling ½ tbsp. I prefer using the 1 tbsp sized mold because it makes discs with a nice snap.

So, that’s 30 servings at 7.5 grams of chocolate each, totalling 225 grams of chocolate (plus I add a bit extra for good measure). I like each serving to contain approximately 80 grams of cannabinoids. Referring to previous posts, that means I want .1 gram per serving of clean and purged Cannabis Oil (3 grams CO total) OR .175 grams per serving RSO (5-6 grams of RSO total).

Not-so-basic Cannachocolates
-Chocolate molds (30x1.5 tsp servings)
-240 grams 62% or higher dark melting chocolate (I use either Guittard or Private Selection)
-1 tbsp instant espresso powder (Medaglia D’oro or Instant Cafe Bustelo)
-3 grams of clean and purged Cannabis Oil
-dark cocoa powder for dusting
-ground cinnamon for dusting

1. Prep molds by lightly dusting the bottoms with Cocoa powder and cinnamon.

2. Divide the chocolate. Melt about 75% of the chocolate, either in a double boiler or by doing 30 second increments in the microwave. Do not overheat or your chocolate will sieze up.

3. Once it’s just finally melted, THOROUGHLY stir in the espresso powder and Cannabis oil. Then, stir in the remaining chocolate (tempering). If you have to, go ahead and heat it up JUST A TAD more, to get the chocolate smooth. Once melted, use a warming mat/burner, if possible, to keep chocolate from cooling too much as you do the next part.

4. I use a ¾ tsp measuring spoon for this part, but you can use whatever you want to evenly fill the molds. I put 2 spoonfuls into each cavity. Stir your chocolate mix often. If there is extra chocolate after filling the molds using your measuring spoon, just divide it evenly among the other servings.

5. Sprinkle the top with more cocoa powder and cinnamon, then allow mold to cool. I usually put it in the fridge or freezer for 15 minutes.

6. Unmold and store in an airtight container in your fridge/freezer. Stays fresh for a very long time!

You can put in all sorts of add-ins, such as fruits and nuts. You can also use milk or semi-sweet chocolate. Heck, you can use carob, if you so desire. What’s important is keeping your dose/per serving steady throughout the process.

13 Likes

The mold I use. It’s boring, but when I was shopping for molds I was only concerned with amount each cavity holds. I have some nifty molds in my shopping carts.

9 Likes

I have to find my old recipe, but I started making these using budder/cannacoconut oil. The texture wasn’t my favorite, kinda like a Hershey’s bar, because the extra oil just made tempering impossible. I’ll post it when I find it, though.

Found it:

Weed Chocolate made with Budder
1/4 cup strong budder
225 grams dark chocolate
1 tbsp espesso powder
Cocoa and Cinnamon for dusting

6 Likes