🍯 blackthumbbetty's CannakitchenđŸ«

@emgoldslo @Caligurl @AfgVet Thanks all.
the extract has been filtered three times through coffee filters.
I will evaporate the tincture down using a silicone mat and get gram weight. I will then add this goo to the juice which I will cook down to concentrate the flavor.
I will do a trial run of plain gummies first.

5 Likes

Good luck! Keep us posted!

2 Likes

When I need mine a little thinner, for ease with using in a recipe, I will add however many cc or ml(same thing) :grin: is needed and use that strength to calculate.
For example 1ml of cco+9ml alcohol. 750mg/10ml or 1ml= 75 mg. It’s a lot easier for me to work with it thinned down. Just mix it supper well so it is all mixed in evenly
Happy New Years weekend potheads :v::green_heart:

5 Likes

3 x filtered? You are better than me :slight_smile:

Keep us posted on your results!

3 Likes

Hey @blackthumbbetty. I hope you’re well, we haven’t heard from you in some time. I have been attempting to make a qwet. Well, this is my 3rd attempt and I don’t think I’m doing it right since my end product keeps coming up as either a solid resin layer in the bottom of my Pyrex pans or an extremely thick tar.

Dried very sugary trim, approximately 1oz. Decarbed for 45 minutes at 245f.
Frozen everclear overnight and put trim into mason jar with just enough everclear to cover material. And place back in the freezer for 1 hour shaking the heck out of it every 15 minutes. Filter 1 time through a Muslin bag then 2x through coffee filters. Let the alcohol evaporate off.

This is where I think I’m doing it wrong. All the thc seems to settle at the bottom as a black slop that’s way too wet to do anything with. If I try to pour off the remaining liquid from the top I’ll lose all the good stuff on the bottom because it mixes right back in. If I wait too long, the liquid completely dries up and leaves me with an over dried layer that is stuck to the pan. I’m lost.

3 Likes

@Jake3, that’s exactly what I thought when I first made mine too LOL!.. that black gooey stuff is the concentrate (wax or dab). It isn’t the easiest to work with for cooking but you’ll get the hang of it. I’m going to try and make mine a little easier to work with by adding some terpenes or liquifying agent but do’t worry about the gooey stuff
 that’s the good stuff!

Also just ordered a Buchner funnel filter per @blackthumbbetty’s suggestion and I’ll show the difference between my old filter way and the Buchner filter as soon as I get it!

I evaporate mine in a silicon baking dish now and it scrapes out just fine with a dab tool and I store it in a silicon container:

I have as step by step with pics of it but I will add more tutorials when I start experimenting with making that stuff into a vapeable oil (and just making it easier to make edibles with
 although I don’t have much trouble using it the way it is
)

7 Likes

Thank you so much for answering that! I was seriously beginning to think I was messing it up. Lol.

3 Likes

I know! Me too!! I almost threw it out LOL!!!

2 Likes

So then this looks about right?

10 Likes

Sorry for the late response, I’m trying to catch up LOL.

It still looks pretty liquid but if that’s what you’re going for it’s fine. You can continue to evaporate more of the alcohol off and you’ll get the wax/dab texture. Tip: It’s way easier to evaporate it in a silicon baking dish so you can scrape it out.

There also appears to be a lot of plant material in it but it’s hard to tell from the pics. Is your goal to use it as a dab or make edibles?

I plan on making edibles out of it.

1 Like

Honestly, you can use it like is
 per gram it won’t be as potent as a fully evaporated wax but it will work.

2 Likes

Mine looks just like that when I evaporate it for use in my gummies.

1 Like

I added another 3 grams of a little over dried/evaporated that I triple filtered. Should hopefully make it a little better.

2 Likes

When mine was stuck to the bottom, I just heated up a stove element, really, just turned it on for about 1 minute and turned the stove off. Then sat the pyrex dish on top and it slightly warmed it up and I was able to scrape it easier!

4 Likes

@blackthumbbetty hope you are well, I have a question, and I apologize if it’s already been discussed

Is it possible to use the concentrate from a fully evaporated QWET in a vape cartridge?

The bit of searching I did on the topic brought me to no conclusion :thinking:

4 Likes

Check out the concentrates blog that Caligurl created. There’s info there on how to do it.

6 Likes

@Jake3 thank you sir!

4 Likes

Betty, Love the Detail!!! You Da Woman!

3 Likes

@blackthumbbetty should I purchase the 2.5 ml molds for gummed or would the 1 ml be ok?

Do you have a favorite recipe you could share about making Gummies?

Also what would shelf life be on those?

Finally with a ounce of herb how many finished product gimmies 2.5 ml mold and 1 ml mold would you guess.

You are quite the Chef.

3 Likes