Blackthumb betty's 6 auto strain next (mis)adventure! 2/13/18

That sweet
lol she’ll reward you well

1 Like

Day 4: 100% germination! I put them in 4" cowpots, using organic soil. They were watered in with h2o, voodoo, and b52. They are under the dome with 2 open vents. I will probably have to remove the dome today, and use individual plastic bottle domes over each.

Day 5: Using individual bottle domes. All looking green, healthy, and sturdy. Nothing done today, except for looking at them lovingly, once in a while.

3 Likes

I’ll bet 1 tsp per gallon of hydrogen peroxide in there would keep the water fresh and H2O2 is OK for the plants in that concentration.

3 Likes

Good idea for long-term storage, but I’ll only be keeping the water for 3 or 4 days maximum.

1 Like

Here we are on Day 5 from seed/Day 3 from germination. There are 2 wwxbb, but I could only fit one in the photo collage. Also, the 6-shooter lost a cotyledon when its seed husk came off, but it’s doing just fine (I once had a plant that lost both its first feeder leaves, but somehow it survived & thrived).

They’re getting some time out of their domes, now. Once they’ve enjoyed the breeze for an hour or two, I’ll give them each approximately 1tbsp of h2o, then put their domes back on (16oz h20 bottles with several holes drilled in each).

8 Likes

@neckNflu
Here’s my current grow. :relaxed:

2 Likes

Thank you! I appreciate you sending me this. It looks like you’re off and going. That’s awesome. Hopefully I won’t be far behind you once I can get these 2 to pop. I’m hoping I will get at least one but I’ll take two haha
thanks for the help and advise. I’ll follow along with this grow of yours and I’ll keep you posted on what mine do. Thank you for your help and time. I appreciate it. Enjoy your growing!

2 Likes

1 week since popping seeds into germination station;
5 days since germination:

Put seedlings into final 3 & 5 gallon pots, using 90% organic soil & 10% coco; I ran out of 3 gallon pots, so used 5gal pots filled with 4 gallons soil mix. Watered in, LIGHTLY, with h2o adjusted to pH 6.5. They will keep their domes for a few more days.

Light wise, they are at 20/4.

The 3 seedling portraits are gorilla glue, lsd, and 6shooter. Yes, the tent is a bit crowded, but the 3 small containers (just bag seed photos) & possibly one of the 5 gallon pots will be going into my bloom tent in a 2 weeks.

Yes, that is a screen you see, and yes I do plan on scrogging these girls (I checked out several grow journals scrogging these particular genetics, and all seemed to work well to limit height, not necessarily fill the screen). I have scrogged 6 photo plants just fine in this set-up, so I’m fairly certain all will be fine. I will move the screen down in a week or so.

I honestly planted 2 more than I wanted, thinking I’d lose 2 in germination, but I guess my seed starting game is strong. :grinning:

11 Likes

Here’s the soil I use:

9 Likes

Good luck! It looks like you got those little ones off to a good start. Enjoy! :+1::deciduous_tree:

1 Like

I got one of my two seeds to sprout a little Taproot. Thank you and everyone for the advice. I did a combination of soaking and using a wet paper towel. I placed it in soil a couple days ago and then misting water when it looks dry. The other dark seed that came to me black from the start ,that one cracked open but no Tap Root so I just put in soil and misted it. I’ll keep you posted. I’m hoping at least one of them breaks through the ground. It’s been 2 days but I’m trying to be patient.
Everything looks like it’s going great on your end, btBetty. Keep up the good work! I will be watching and “rooting” for you… Haha pun intended

1 Like

@blackthumbbetty She looks like she is very happy with R/O water :slight_smile: great job so far, and I wish you the best possible harvest! Happy growing and welcome to the forum! :fireworks:

1 Like

Next time, try a heated propagation tray & rapid rooters, especially if you already have the equipment. Easy peasy!

Here’s to a healthy grow!

4 Likes

Neither of the two GL seeds I just germinated had tap roots showing when I dropped them in rooters. Took them both three days to join their sisters in the light once they were in the rooters.

2 Likes

That’s great to hear. Thank you very much for sharing. I can’t wait till at least one if not both break the soil.
Thanks for your help everybody I appreciate it. @blackthumbbetty, I bought some rapid Rooter plugs to have on hand and try next time. I also use them to clone sometimes. So they will get a test run for sure w my seeds! I did not put any gold leaf in like I planned to because I have some monster clones I took and want to grow in my little room. So I went with the blue dream. But I do have gold leaf next time. It’ll be a blue dream Gold Leaf Grow following this grow.
Thanks for the advice everybody I really appreciate it. You guys/gals are spot-on like usual. Thank you very much

Another Amnesia haze photo update. Tomorrow starts week 4 of bloom.

Oh, and here’s the one plant I was able to salvage from my aborted grow. She looks weird b/c she was under a scrog net, so when I moved her I had to push everything up & hold it in place with some sticks & twine. She’s recovering from her issues, but the damaged leaves are still there, mostly b/c there’s still a lot of green left on them. Don’t laugh. She’s part of my heartbreak, but is redeeming herself. :grinning:

12 Likes

It all looks good! 4 weeks looks to be about right by the look too.

I’m surprised that you don’t have your SCROG broken up into multiple screens. I couldn’t do that as I am moving my plants all of the time. It’s got to be a production to do any kind of flush or major maintenance…

2 Likes

Oh, it is! I think next year, I’ll make individual screens for each pot. Plus, then I can scrog some & not scrog some, in the same tent. My AH is on its own screen, but it’s fixed; the weird plant is next to it.

I’ve seen some for sale, for a ridiculous price, considering how easy they look to make. I’ll be diy-ing, for sure!

Right now, I use a tube & funnel to water the haze. I’m going to set up a hose system for the autos, nothing automatic, just attach hoses to each pot so I can water them w/o having to belly crawl & do all sorts of weird yoga poses.

6 Likes

Looking great! :beers: Cheers to a great harvest! @blackthumbbetty

1 Like

I’d love to get to the point of makiing my own ro water some day. Very cool!

1 Like