Growing with a blackmoon rising

I’m sorry to hear you’re having issues. Getting the plants to dry evenly is a pain.
I find for me I wet trim it all then tie the branches to hangers and put them in a small grow tent or small closet in the closet I hang plastic bag loosely over gathered at the bottom. Part of the day I open it up add a gentle with a tinny fan. When the eyes start to get a bit dry I close it all up for some hours. When it evens out I do it all again. Maybe your wife can open and close them a few times when you are at work for long periods. It makes a huge difference.

9 Likes

Thanks @SheilaT
Great to get everyones ways of drying trimming and curing.
This time round it was really bad timing on a few fronts.
Where they were growing firstly the fan and light killed the battery bank during a week of cloud and rain then we had a builder come look at a job we want done. We only waited 2 months for him to turn up.
So the plant had to go into a shipping container no light.no air flow.
Then when i noticed the top dieing back probably due to having a few rouge seeds from my pollenating attempt and saw my roster it was then going to rain.
So i made the call to chop it wash it and hang it out side under cover with air movement.
Maybe it would have kept alive for a few more days in the container with no light or air movement :thinking:
Is what it is
Wish i had a room that has a closet that i could put a tent in.
Wish i had a light i could just flick a switch and the light comes on.
Just not how it is here.
Wifey supports my hobby to a point and will burp my jars if i ask her too. If she not too busy caring for her mum and everything that involves.
I literally only have 2 days whole days at home each 6 days. And 2 evenings
Summer ok as its daylight til 9 or with a push 10pm but winter its dark by 5 pm.
Im working on making changes to accommodate my growing
Takes time and money :moneybag:
Ill get there.
Brought my critical orange punch tops that dried out to work with me today the apple peel has helped.
Got the jar in my pocket :crazy_face:
Burp it every now and then
So hopefully ive saved it.
When i get home hopefully the rain has stopped and i can get the drying hollands hope and panama red in the shipping container is ok with no air movement :+1:
For 3 days and get a chance to get some fresh air on them.
Whip all the leaves off them that i didnt get time to trim off at the time of there wash and dry.
If there a will theres a way
Thats me.
Cheers :beers: :clap: :v:

9 Likes

Sampled some of my early Durban dregs the other night at work.
Very nice indeed :ok_hand:
Can’t wait til its cured and sample some top bud.
Cheers :beers:

10 Likes

Just jared up my hollands hope sisters this afternoon plus my panama red chopped on the 23rd may 2023
A more familiar length of time drying that im used to.
In the shipping container no fan no light not even a breeze but very dry.
9 days compared to the rest of my havested plants that drying went on for a month fan on and in big open paper bags.
Gunna be interesting to note any difference to the final product after curing.
Cheers :beers: :clap:
Only critical orange punch left drying now
Looks way smaller than it did when it was growing.
The top cola that i re washed and blow dried seems to be doing ok still a lot darker than the rest
Ive been carrying it around everywhere with me in my pocket of my coat pulling it out to jiggle and burp throughout the day and night.
Commitment that it lol :laughing:

7 Likes

9 Likes

I knew it was you when i saw the like lol
Just sampled some bubba kush
Slipped into bed ready to ride the wave :wave: :sleeping:

3 Likes

Cheers my friend :beers: :clap: :v:

3 Likes

Well that was a very nice way to slip into slumber i must say @kaptain3d
Bubba kush
A new strain for me.
Crept up slowly :snail: so gave me time to get things done
Snuggle with the my wife she was watching a series on her phone watched that together then drifted off to sleep :sleeping:

6 Likes

Hey man! I’m still keeping up with your updates and happy for ya getting those gals chopped up and finally dried. Also glad to hear you’re getting nice and buzzed from different buds you got. Not much to do now but enjoy the ride when you can light em up! Hope to see a seed count in the near future. Stay safe, warm and dry too! Cheers to ya! :beers:

4 Likes

Gee thanks @ChebaMang really appreciate that feed back thanks :blush:
What i was hoping was to drop some auto seeds now and use my grow light @Leholf gave me but when i was using that light and my fan and we had a week of cloud and rain it drained the solar batteries flat.
That was a panic
Took 3 days of running the genny to bring the batteries back up just out of the red.
Its our first winter with the new solar system
So dont know what it can and cant do yet.
Well that was lesson one lol :laughing:
Maybe with a smaller fan it could work as the led panel not that big
He has sent down a grow tent too but i dont know where yet i can put that.
Not were i had the last 4 plants finish there grow and drying my harvest
Thats ment for spare accommodation and doing it up.
Dont you worry im working on it
My mind never rests on how to over come the hurdles this hobby creates me :laughing:

6 Likes

2 of 3 of my COP were so dark purple they were almost black but only the top of the buds. They were bright green underneath same plant must be there genetics

4 Likes

Yep think i saved the tops after they started growing mold on the stems after the first wash and hang to dry in cool damp conditions.
Had air movement i did think to put it in a closed dry area while i was away fir that 24 hrs.
Anyway the 2nd h202 wash and a quick blow dry saved the day.
Then carrying the jar with the buds inside it around with me everywhere burping it all the time briefly throughout the day for days.
Got quite a bit of shrinkage in the buds and as it cured the aroma of the flowers started to emanate
Quite an interesting scent that it gives off not sure what you would call it.
Its nice.
Those top buds where dark and the lower buds green.
Think the top cola started dying back as a rouge seed or 2 had formed there from my sloppy pollenating attempt this season.
Out of all my jars this season i like opening critical kush the best the aroma that escapes that jar is my favorite so far.
Well after 10 days drying cop got put into a jar to cure.
Still to defol.
I dont want to go back to the trim bin :tired_face:
Way shorter time than my first lot that hung drying for a month.
I think they thought they already curing
My kerosene krash got a good aroma too.
Well cop did really well with my autumn conditions compared to some of the other strains and i germinated cop last so she was well behind the others maturity too.
Planted earlier it may have well missed the autumn dampness.
Its a sativa dominant strain anyway i think from memory which usually take longer to mature anyway :thinking:
Well thats me for now take care
Thanks for checking in @SheilaT
And hope you enjoyed the cops grow journey
Cheers :beers: :clap: :v:

6 Likes

9th june 2023
Sampled some of the top buds of
Critical orange punch :facepunch: :heart_eyes: cop
Yep its got punch
Oh wow something really different
I like it mmmmmmm
Cheers :beers: :clap:
I grew me some nice smoke
After all its / we have been through growing.
Be on my list to grow again for sure

6 Likes

I have been lucky with the ending on some of my girls, starting to get a favorites list going.

4 Likes

Man that is awesome! :love_you_gesture: :blush: :facepunch: I’m happy for ya my friend and glad the reward was worth it all. Enjoy those buds and savor the flavours too. Hope you can work something out on getting an auto to grow under that borrowed light. Be safe man and stay lit! :v:

5 Likes

Thanks @ChebaMang
Leholf has shared the lights a keeper thats pretty kind of him hay.
Yer didnt get big weights this grow
Pretty happy with the punch cop gave me last night.
I must get roundcl to weighing my strains this time usually by the time i get to that stage ive smoked some and shared some by then its too late.
Can’t wait to sample hollands hope thats the father stain of my crosses this year
And did vey well in my autumn conditions
Be great if its a good smoke and its genetics carry through to the others that didn’t do so well this autumn.
have to wait and see hay.
Heres to getting a few winter auto’s on the go.

5 Likes

I’ll drink to that. And sampling a couple limbs before a chance to weigh. We got enough experience with all sorts of bud to know how we’re doing. Harv 6 plants this yr weighed only 2. When I think I got a QP indoors I’ll get er weighed again, that’s the target. Good to hear cop is working!

4 Likes

Thanks @Jaysittinback
Enjoy that drink
And smoke lol :laughing:

4 Likes

Fantastic my friend! It’s rare to get a fifty split sativa and indica. Loved the colour and buzz on COP too.
Great for pain when you still need to think straight and quick in an edible.
Still trying to find something to put my legs to sleep at night my restless legs don’t help my waiting to be replaced hip. It wants to sleep and they want to dance I’m kinda on the side of the hip lol
Enjoy the fruits of your labour you certainly deserve it!
Have a great day

6 Likes

Thanks @SheilaT
I had a tiny bit before bed last night sent me off to sleep ok
Then my mother in-law buzzer went about 1am and struggled to go back to sleep with cat on my chest i cant move.
Then the cat choise to start hoiking so in the sudden amount of movement to get the cat off the bed my calf muscles went into deep spasm and cramp
That was so painful :cry:
Limping around this morning
May need some magnesium
At the end of all that the cat stopped.
Must be horrendous having hip pain and restless legs

4 Likes