Growing with a blackmoon rising

Update
7th December 2022
Exciting news
What you all been waiting to here
Got home from my 25 hr shift
But thats not the news.
I come straight inside first i check to see if my critical orange punch that struck a few days ago was still alive.
Yes it is but thats not the most exciting news i cant wait to share.
My 3rd attempt to strike my Himalaya gold has broken the soil surface has a stem and the first leaves are pushing out the shell.
Im so happy yay.
Put in soil on the 28th November so is had me wondering is it going to be like the other 2 and fail.
All those fingers and toes crossed must have worked.
Sweet.
Cheers :beers:
Ok back to what you were doing cone heads lol :laughing:
Im So happy im so happy :blush:
Heres a picture of Himalaya gold in the front and critical orange punch poking its leaves above the rim of the bag.
Cheers :beers:

7 Likes

Congrats on the Himalayan gold! Cheers :beers: :wind_face::dash::v::green_heart:

3 Likes

Well thanks for the congrats but sadly i got home from work today and it was dead.
Short lived excitement hay.
I recon dodgy seeds 3 out of 3.
2 no shows and 1 lives for a day.
Not ment to be.
Oh well cheers :beers:

2 Likes

Hopefully COP will stay strong for you brother.

2 Likes

Hip hip hurray! On the COP and sorry to hear that you lost one dam!

1 Like

I really hope so @SheilaT and @Fergus
Turning out to be expensive plants.
Any one know what the average ratio is to get a male plant from regular seeds?

I can tell you how to increase M/F ratios for better success, if you’re interested.

3 Likes

Very much so @Budbrother
Im all ears :ear:
Thanks for calling in
Cheers

3 Likes

I am all ears!! :ear: :ear:

4 Likes

Ready to learn too! :nerd_face:

3 Likes

Basically all seed germs are X and environment/stress cause an arm to break off Y

To get more males you need to have fluctuations of temp/rH.

To pull more girls, you need to keep day/night temp/rH stable, and at a lower light level… Less stress

I read up on this and began experimenting to confirm the research papers. I have been successfully pulling all girls repeatedly. I did get 1 male outta 8, once. I resolved that stressor from the equation, and on the next, pulled 4 for 4 girls.

7 Likes

I germinated 30 bag seeds this last spring 5 turned out to be males others finished great.

2 Likes

He’s looking for more males. By not running an environmental controller and allowing temps/rH to rise then fall through the day and night accomplishes this goal

1 Like

Thank you @Budbrother
Yep more males is right.
3 males out of 4 seeds would be great :+1:
Next trick is how do i create the fluctuations without a grow room or lights.
I do have a 10 watt grow light
Cheers :beers: :clap: :v:

1 Like

Using a seedling mat set on a timer to turn on and off. This would also cause rH swings. Turn your lights up more than usually would have for seedlings.

I like your style. More genetic diversity passed along.

You’re in AU, correct?

2 Likes

Never mind. I checked your profile.

You’re starting Summer there or close to it. You could place them somewhere outside that gets dappled shade through the days. Same idea to create the swings. The mat would be better but I’ll work with what you have no matter what.

2 Likes

In new Zealand @Budbrother
We actually only a few weeks from the longest day
Gotta act fast now i guess working with mother nature wont be long and we be flipping 12/12 mother natures way
Thanks for your support :pray:
Cheers

1 Like

I guess if i did more than 4 more chance of male’s and any girls and i could keep them small and compact.
Keep giving them a hair cut

1 Like

If you want them small and compact, then you would pheno hunt the F1 seeds from the cross. Search for matching male and females with similar traits. F2 those. Pheno hunt them out. Find the closest match for the male, mother plant, from the making of the F1. Then bx1 to reduce possible phenos down to like 3-4

2 Likes

Whats bx1 @Budbrother i get f1 and f2
Not familiar with bx1
Glad to have your support
cheers :beers:

2 Likes