Growing with a blackmoon rising

The first fems to pop
Acapolo gold
Chocolope
Bubba Kush

7 Likes

Comeing along Nicely @Blackmoon I see fresh Buds in youā€™re future! Iā€™m looking at pulling the plug on some Tropicana Cookies for next year! But without doubt my favorite this year is GSCX very relaxing smoke and about seeds I thought how to actually tell if a seed is good put it in water and if it floats itā€™s not good, I guess some can fool you :man_farmer:

3 Likes

Yep hoping for fresh herbs for Christmas.
Also got an auto gscx on the go same age as critical Kush.
Most my seeds usually float so not sure about that theory I get concerned when they sink.
Howā€™s the trimming going or do you dry trim
Iā€™m a dry trimmed myself
Thank for checking in

2 Likes

Im all trimmed up and in jars! I also dry trim i think it helps preserve some of the Trichomes , i like the taste and smell of GSC still makes me cough if I hit it too hard, After that smooth sailing, youā€™re plantā€™s seem to be doing fine what type of nutrients do you like? Been looking at some Jackā€™s outdoor water soluble fertilizer and of course my usual fish fertilizer, count me in on your journal itā€™s going to be fun , may learn a new trick or two for my outdoor grow next year

1 Like

Looking good off to a great start that should keep you busy.

1 Like

Gunna be a busy summer for sure.
I use a organic living soil made here in nz
With the Autoā€™s I donā€™t give much in the way of nutes maybe some organic sea bird poop kelp and worm castings gypsum
With my fems I add a few more extra organic goodies.
Iā€™m behind in making up my soil this year
As usual Iā€™ve got so much more going on than just growing cannabis @Nip
Wish it could be different.
And life wasnā€™t so hectic
Just do what I can and hope Iā€™ve learned something over the past few years.
Iā€™m always glad when Iā€™ve got them past the germination and seedling stage.
Like last week I killed my Frisian dew
Neglect busy must have had my soil too wet and itā€™s stem mid way up collapses I didnā€™t think it was but something happened to cause that wasnā€™t there.
Was on my 25 hr shift at work
So much can suddenly happen in that time.
Still deciding weather to grow in the ground.
Havenā€™t done that since my real gorilla style growing when I really knew nothing about growing cannabis.
Really wanted a critical orange punch and Himalaya gold and they are 2 that have not yet risen from the soil and maybe arenā€™t
Deciding if I drop some more seeds to replace them.
I like variety.
The valley I live in get buzzed with the police helicopter every year so that plays on my mind a lot when choosing sites around the place
I donā€™t grow more than one in any given spot.
Hereā€™s to a hassle free year of growing lots of yummy buds
Cheers

4 Likes

I understand the pain of having to work and tend weed, But I Love doing it! I have to hide growing also, but ill take the chance rather than buying street weed possibly laced with deadly fentanyl :skull_and_crossbones::skull: Mabey before to long my state will be 420 Friendly :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

I love it too @Nip
I work. 4 on 2 off rotating shifts
2 evenings start at 3pm finish next morning at 7am
Followed by 2 day shifts 7am to 4pm
So my 2nd and 3rd shift are back to back 25 hrs at work finishing at 4pm then my drive home is over an hour then on day 4 I start at 7am til 4pm with the travel back after that long 25 hr shift the day before.
The 4th day knocks me around really Keen to get home.
2 days off and it starts again.
So much can happen to my grow especially at germinating times when Iā€™m not there between day 2 and day 4.
Makes starting seeds a real challenge anticipating what they gunna need for 3 days pretty much with very basic non existent set up.
A tray a dome and a bench bedside the window
Always good to get them to the veg stage.
One day Iā€™ll have a better set up maybe power lol and be home each night for more regular check ins on how the plants are doing.
Love coming home from work to check in on my seedlings
Cheers

4 Likes

Im ready to retire been working seems like all my life , my house is paid for and I have some land so I canā€™t complain, youā€™re growing Gurellia Style 100% , Hopefully you can get set up where it wonā€™t be so hard, itā€™s a job comeing home tending weed every day, as i have to transport water and nutrients to my plantā€™s, but the Reward is Nice , feeling good to come home and smoke some fresh Buds

5 Likes

House paid off. Legal State. Pension available. Retired 11/1. I have worked since I was 13.

7 Likes

Now thatā€™s a good thing! Kick Back and enjoy Life to the Fullest! Thatā€™s my plan Iā€™m going to try to work another 4 years, but if I can go out earlier I will

5 Likes

Very envious :wink:

2 Likes

Good for you Iā€™m sure enjoying my retirement cause more time for plants.:partying_face::partying_face:

2 Likes

Update
My critical orange punch seed died
As has Himalaya gold seed.
What a shame.
But there is a full moon eclipse tonight
Maybe itā€™s a sign to have another go
Mmmmmm

3 Likes

I got asked why I think my seeds failed and here is my response.
My primitive existence and seldom here always going off to work for long shifts of 25 + hrs are 2 main components I think.
Himalaya gold started life in a glass of water + h202 then when to a moist not wet paper towel inside a plastic bag between 2 plates.
It was making an effort to pop from itā€™s shell.
Even producing a tail so I put it in soil as you do.
Not wet just damp.
In the transfer the tip of the tail broke off.
It spent a long time coming out and when it did I break the growing tip.
Critical orange punch was one of those that went strait into soil from the start.
Kerosene popped as did Durban but not critical orange.
It had a tail a day that I went fishing gently after waiting and waiting and waiting.
It just never struck.
All got the same love and attention when I was home.
But not over loved.
So I donā€™t know other than that.
Just didnā€™t want to grow I guess

3 Likes

Full moon eclipse
8th November 2022
Under the full influence of the Taurus full blood moon
I drop more of my failed seeds
Frisan dew
Himalayan gold
Critical orange punch
Half past midnight
Come on seeds you can do this

2 Likes

Went up and checked on my critical Kush Auto
Smells Devine and sticky on my fingers.
Yum

5 Likes

10th November 2022
Time for some more eye candy
My bubba Kush
Chocolope
Acapolo gold
Photo fems progress
All very close to potting up to there 56 lt bags that Iā€™ll grow them in.

9 Likes

Sorry to here you lost your other two seeds but try try again. Good luck

5 Likes

Thanks @SheilaT
I hung in there with hope :100:
In the end they were mush
Yep got the others in the water brewing up a tail
Frisian dew again first to pop itā€™s tail
Amazingly fast
See if I can keep her alive this time round
Cheers
Never grown or smoked it before