Black spots on 4 week old ak47 auto

Any ideas on what I’m dealing with here would be greatly appreciated.
Everything looked okay up until a few days ago, which also was about when she got her first watering to run off…The black spots started out tiny on the newest growth, and have grown out from there. I have 2 plants in the tent, one is about 9 days older than the other. The oldest is the one with the issue.

A quick rundown of what I have going on
Plant = ak47 auto 30 days old LST
Tent = 24"x30"
Lighting = hlg 135w r spec on 12/12 cycle
Soil = Roots original Organic in 3 gallon fabric pots
Nutrients, just gave her the first watering to run off a few days ago. only additive was dynagrow Pro-tekt mixed @ 5ml per gallon.
ph of last watering = 6.6

1 Like

Not sure why it won’t let me edit the above post I made but to add to my info, my temps are around 79 to 82 daytime, and 69 to 72 at night. Humidity is at 45% with it a little higher at night.

You have your little plants on 12/12? They look to be showing signs of nutrients/ minerals deficiency.

Run your autos on an 18/6 or 20/4 schedule. Also the 135 watt won’t be enough to grow good flowers. Consider an upgrade if you have the budget

Wait a second it’s 30 days old and no new nutes there im seeing definite cal mag and nitrogen deficiency(nitrogen is hard since those lights make everything lighter) and probably phosphorus too

2 Likes

I’m a rookie and this is only my 2nd ever grow. The reasoning behind my 12/12 light cycle is I had started them outside a few weeks before my first tent plant was to be harvested. I wanted to get these autos started so that when the tent was empty I could move them in and be 3 weeks or so closer to my next tent harvest than if I had waited and started them once the tent was empty. 12/12 is about what light they were getting outside this time of year, and I did not want to alter that too much for fear that bumping the hours of light up might somehow cause trouble with their veg/flower cycle…As for the lack of nutrients I was under the impression that with the Roots organic soil one should not put any additives on until around the 4th week. Their next watering was going to be their first feeding.

My rule of thumb with all those soils is they good for 2 weeks then give a partial dose on week 3 then full doses week 4 onwards autos naturally need only about half of recommended feeding schedules though I’d up the lights though to 18 /6 go by upping it 2 hours a day next three days

1 Like

Bumping the hours up on the light won’t freak her out or somehow confuse it? Maybe I’ll up it by an hour a day over 6 days…Tomorrow will be the next watering and first feeding. I had already planned on giving about half the recommended dose to start with. My first grow was just a bag seed and the only female that finished in the tent suffered from me over doing it with the nutes I think…For a few different reasons I’m done with the Dynagrow products I used on the first grow and have bought some organic stuff from a local bunch here in Ohio. I hope I have better luck with this Meigs line of nutrients.

1 Like

If they are autos there isn’t a veg and flower cycle that is changed by the amount of light it gets hense the reason they are called “Autos”. An autoflower plant will grow and flower without changing the light cycle so the idea is the more light the more growth. Some people even grow Autos on a 24/0 schedule. I personally wouldn’t thought I feel the 4hr down time allows enough of darkness to help cool the environment and light. There are a ton of opinions and topics that cover it. Scroll through and read a few Auto threads, it might help ya. Keep up the good work though!

2 Likes