Black moons arising 2020 2021 season

Very nice! What is that, week 6?

Its actually into week 8 of its flowering stage thats hard case.
To be honest I’ve neglected her a bit when all the fem plants went into the harvest window and the bud rot dilemma.
She been just getting water last few weeks.
Today I gave her a feed of her flowering stage nutes.
Bit of Epsom salts and em1 low doses of each.
Like a last meal before going to the gallies.
Not sure if it was a good idea or not.
Thought she be done by now so thought keep it going give it some food to help it bloom.
@MoBilly

3 Likes

Moon,
What is the point of using Epsom salt?
I’ve read about you guys using it but it seems odd using that when we’re supposed to be flushing all the residue out with the runoff.
I’m not using it due to not knowing why or dose.
Thanks

2 Likes

Epsom salt is magnesium sulfate. Magnesium, sulfur and oxygen. I use it because I use Jack’s 123 nutrients. The 3rd part is magnesium so I use Epsom salts because its cheaper than Jack’s #3 . It can be used for magnesium deficiency etc…

3 Likes

Thanks @kdawg .
So it’s mainly used in mediums other than soil?

1 Like

Its mixed at a measured amount per gallon of water/food and fed to the soil or other mediums like peat mix etc… When I use it with the Jacks it calls for 1.2 grams per gallon or can adjust as needed. I add that to the rest of the nutes and feed every watering. I’m using promix bx myself.

4 Likes

Well I would not have been able to answer it as well as @kdawg has.
For me I thought it was near finished and was only watering with h20 last wee while.
When I’ve seen how frosty other people’s gscx get and how pale the leaves are getting I just thought id give here some nutrients to perk her up a bit to the finish line.
Its probably more the cold nights creating the discolouration in the leaves now.
She under an eve of a building and its been a bonza week weather wise.
Hope to check the trichromes today.
Still time to flush if thats what I have to do.
@MoBilly
Thanks for the question though…
Its coming up 8am here and not a cloud in the sky been like this now for over a week.
What I needed at the end of March and I wouldn’t have got the rot.
Cheers

3 Likes

Thanks @kdawg .
It’s appreciated. Got it.
:wink:

2 Likes

Had my plants been under cover at the end of March when I got that 4 days of no sun and bit of rain that triggered off the rot do you think I still would have had the rot issues I had to deal with.
Or would it happen any way?
@anyone

2 Likes

My 2 pennies my friend. Prolly so. It was prolly all ready there. Of course the rain an no sun didnt help

1 Like

The flushing you read about many times is due to using non organic feeds for the soil critters. If your using bottled nutrients than most likely that are chelated and those “salts” will build up over time and need to be flushed out from time to time. If your using organic nutrients like alfalfa and kelp etc along with epsom salt (not technically salt) and such flushing isn’t really necessary unless you run into issues than a flush may be needed.
I feed the soil critters and they eat the stuff and poop out plant available food.
FYI thanks for your question as it made me weigh both epsom salt and ground up gypsum.
1 Tsp epsom 4 grams
1 Tsp gypsum 6 grams
For most waterings I usually add 1 Tsp epsom and 1/4 Tsp or less gypsum to each gallon of RO water along with a heaping 1/4 Tsp of SEA-90 shake up and let them sit for awhile before using.
Never shake a baby but always shake your feed.
Shake your money maker if ya want to too.

Clear as mud? Yea I’m still figuring things out as I go…haha

Keep it green black moon

Enjoy the day

4 Likes

Thanks for that @Skydiver
Appreciate your support.
I mostly am organic grower.
Always think to put gypsum in my mix then forgot couple times I have.
I am using bottled nutes but mostly organic origin.
I usually add the Epsom salts during flowering at your ratio
Also use EM1 (efficient micro organisms.)
I’ll fish out a picture of my nutes and my soil recipe I used this year in 35 lt bags.
Seem to be a good size maybe I’d get more yield with bigger bags.
Not sure.
Cheers.
I was baked yesterday for over 5 hours on my purple haze.
Just a chamber on the vaporizer so if I bonged it or in a pipe I would have been even more sh*t faced than I was.
Not bad considering it was the earliest picked of my crop this year.
Keep it green indeed

2 Likes

Definitely bigger pots for bigger plants and yields.
I wanted to do a run using only 1 gallon pots.
Have those 8 going decent.
I used a base of ocean forest and added dry amendments like Neem and oyster shell kelp alfalfa worm poo etc mixed in and have been top dressing variations of those things as I go.
I finally ground up my gypsum pellets to a powder just today so should mix up better.

Bong

2 Likes

My gscx auto 7th May 2021
Sugar leaves getting some amber but I want to see a lot more frost yet.

4 Likes

Couple more shots from the top and full length side shot.
Gscx auto 7th May 2021

6 Likes

Thanks Skydiver.
That does give me more insight than I had.
More research. Love it.

1 Like

@Blackmoon I have no idea how I got so far behind on your journal - so sorry mate! I’m all caught up now and am so happy for you for the plants that did work out well and also heartbroken for you with the crumbly stuff.

Of course I used up all my remaining likes for the day so that’s a big fat :monkey::briefs: right there lol

2 Likes

No worries you been busy with your girls.
I know what its like @BStarr

Here is my cuttings I took on the 19th February of my 8 ilgm strains.
My mate cloned under his light for me.
He kept 1 of each.
And has announced he now switching them to 12/12
Seems very soon but what do I know being an outside grower.

3 Likes

What does everyone think.
Does it seem about right 19th February they were just cuttings now flipping to 12/12 flowering.
These were growing on my plants 3rd week into flowering now look.
The mother plants are all in my jars.
What a hoot

2 Likes

Because they were in flower when cut from my plants they got put under 24/7 for there first week bring them back into veg then been on 18/6 since then.