Black diamond og

I have some seeds I started but the more I look in to the strain the more I wonder. Love the strain. Got some had a few seeds so been holding on to them for awhile but information I find says 2 oz per plant.
With breeder numbers under ideal conditions is 2 oz I don’t see why I would want to grow them out for low yield.
Has anyone else grown it?

I have not, I’m assuming it’s a photo? I doubt it would be that low. That’s probably average or something. I’ve seen people pull 8oz on here off strains that the site said would be less. It’s all on you I believe. Usually I believe the guideline, which is usually on the site, is 4oz per 3×3 of plant or something like that, with autos at least. Idk about photos. They produce a lot more.

It’s photo. I’ve not seen numbers that low. I don’t think the plug I got my oz from would grow anything with that low a yield.

Yea, you’ll get a better yield thaen that I’m sure.

1 Like

That’s a base average as to say for a beginner grower he can expect 2 ounces. But for a master grower we can stretch the production amounts due to growing abilities to make the plant a successful producer !

2 Likes

I just find it concerning it’s listed as pretty much the lowest producer even against autos. I’ll probably just keep the best female and go from there. No reason to fill up much space with a small yielding strain. I’ll grow the one out cut some clones Incase it turns out to be a decent yield.

2 Likes

2 oz in a square meter - like my 3x3 tent - that would be the lowest yielding strain ever by a huge margin, seems like a typo.

1 Like

Yea, with what @Hellraiser said.
Although @yoshi made a good point, pretty much trying to say iits a good yielding plant I think. Saying that if you keep it alive you’ll probably get around 2 oz. Or at least by what he’s saying. Because that would be a begginer grower. Cuz I’m assuming a begginer isn’t checking ph or anything. Just planting, watering, and watching grow. Lol.
I think it’s a typo as well. I’ve seen typos on lots of the autos stating 2-3lbs per 3×3 stating the same from the same strain female photo plant, that was later corrected to 4oz per 3×3 for the auto.

2 Likes

Most times it’s just an average per watt per sq. For marketing the strain, many of them is base on averages base on growers experience . I can take that same plant clone it 4 times and make the same genetics produce way more each clone grow.

Yea. Either way, I think we’re all saying, you’ll get more then 2 oz if you know what you’re doing.

1 Like

One way to find out. GROW IT OUT

1 Like

Yup. What @Painfree said.

This is from cannabissearch:

Indoors, she’ll flower for between 8 and 9 weeks, finishing at a height of up to 4 feet. Her outdoor counterpart will be ready for harvest by early October, finishing at a height of up to 8 feet and producing up to 2 pounds per plant.

1 Like

That’s more like it jackpot

1 Like

Pulling 2 zips from a 4’ plant would piss me off, lol

2 Likes

On the flip side, if that were true the low supply would make it a high demand strain.

Still early to tell but one is starting to show. Looking like may be male but I’ll wait longer to know for sure being the largest of the 4 I want this one to be a girl. Lol

Sure does look like it. It wouldn’t be a bad thing to have some black diamond pollen.

1 Like

No not all bad.