Biological Wonder First Grow

I’m with @MrPeat … I’d trim a little. :nerd_face:

2 Likes

You’re doing great, as others mentioned as long as there is good airflow.

2 Likes

Look great. Coming along nicely. I’m not a big fan of defoliating, but you could trim a few of the bigger fan leaves to get better light and air flow I suppose. I wouldn’t mess with it much though.

1 Like

The votes are in!! Thanks for your responses!

Yes I would, but have a reason for every leaf you pull (like its blocking light to bud sites).

4 Likes

Another perspective, thanks @Hellraiser! It’s always good to hear different growers opinions!

1 Like

Week 4 of flower. These WWA’s are getting frosty :snowman_with_snow:!! Is it true that with white widows that the pistils might stay white, so this isn’t as good of an indicator for white widows?? Should I be paying more attention to trichomes?

3 Likes

6 Likes

@dbrn32 @Covertgrower @Graysin @MrPeat @kaptain3d @Budz @Leholf @SilvaBack203 @Hellraiser

3 Likes

Dunno about that. But my Chocolope pheno I keep a mother of doesn’t really darken beyond very light orange pre chop. At week 4 you shouldn’t be expecting much anyway though.

5 Likes

Thanks @Budz!

1 Like

Agree with Budz. I’d wait til week 6 before I start eyeballing trichomes. But honestly pistil color isn’t a good indicator of much of anything, other than if they shrivel and brown super prematurely your girl might be pregnant. Even then that’s not always the case. Trichomes are the best way to gauge readiness, though.

2 Likes

When I grew my WW, I don’t think her pistils got very dark. No like my Blue Dream.

Just monitor the trichomes. That tells the real story. :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks @Graysin and @MrPeat! I’m not really confident in checking trichomes at this point! At week 4, they seem to be more cloudy than clear. Would that make sense? Or do I likely need to refine my ability to tell cloudy from clear!?

1 Like

The wisdom I have seen that holds most true is “clear looks like glass. Cloudy looks like plastic. Amber looks amber”

It seems to work. If your trics look glassy, it’s too early yet.

2 Likes

Pistils staying white is news to me. Although you can definitely see some strains be lighter or darker than others.

2 Likes

At week 4 of flower could I remove what are bound to be larfy buds, process them for edibles, and add energy to my main cola buds, or would it be a lost sum gain!? Opinions?

It’s my understanding that if it’s got frost on it, it’ll be worth something for edibles. But I may be mistaken.

1 Like

Week 5 of flower. How are they looking do you think?

3 Likes

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face:

2 Likes