Biological Wonder First Grow

I’ve grown a lot of plants…houseplants,veggies :tomato:, wildflowers, but this is my first crack at this particular species! I love to learn new skills and figured their was no better place to learn from a friendly community of experienced growers than here!

Lights: Mars hydro sp 150
Soil: Fox Farm happy Frog with additional perilite & black gold seed starting mix w/ mykos directly where I put in the germinated seedling
Pots: Fabric 3 gallon
6” fan
Tent: 2x2x4’
Strain: ILGM white widow x 2
Temps: 63-78
Humidity: 55-75

This is Day 12 from the germinated seed being planted into soil. How are things looking so far!?

7 Likes

Nice ! And welcome aboard @Biological_Wonder

1 Like

Welcome, looking good. Just a couple more days and you’ll be in veg. Cotyledons tell us they are happy girls. These are photoperiod?

1 Like

Welcome to the community. :+1::+1::+1:

2 Likes

Thank you! I forgot to add that part! This is a white widow auto growing on an 18/6 cycle.

2 Likes

Look good, but I’m wondering if that will be enough light for two plants.

1 Like

@Dexterado Yes, I was wondering the same thing! Maybe others in the community could weigh in on that?? Your advice is appreciated!

Also, thinking forward to managing smell…does anyone have recommendations for a small 2x2x4 grow space?

1 Like

What exhaust plan have you currently got in place mate? Personally I don’t use my carbon filter attached to inline exhaust fan until into flower but that’s cause I can get away with it .
As for inline exhaust fans your spoiled for choice really but the infinity fans are raved about on here.

1 Like

Just as a side note , without the carbon filter on , one can start to smell the difference between a watered plant and a thirsty plant without opening the tank/tent ( in veg) , not that I use this as a way to decide when to water just an interesting little piece of useless information I’ve noticed over the years

1 Like

@Leholf I don’t currently have an exhaust plan :rofl::disappointed::weary:. I need to get one ASAP! I was thinking I would be okay thru veg?? What do you think? What specifics on the infinity/carbon filters should I be looking at for 2 plants in a 2x2 grow space?

Always exhaust mate , you want a constant air pull into and out of your grow space , not so much a worry in seedly, ripping stage of growth but you do need it! It will help stabilise your temperature and humidity, as for spec , kind of pointless for me to attempt to find for you , I’m way down the bottom of the South Pacific, I will tag in the lights expert tho to help you with your light question, and the bloke budz is switched on sure he can help you with local knowledge of products available to you. @dbrn32 light advise for this chap please mate thanks.

2 Likes

@Leholf Thanks much man! All info is appreciated. I’m new to this, so there is plenty for me to learn! Appreciate it!

1 Like

Not a problem in the world mate happy to where I can , sure it’s been said before but take the time to troll through the hundreds of threads on here , there’s some seriously golden info scattered all across this place

1 Like

I’m not a huge fan of Mars hydro, but light you have is probably big enough for your space. It’s kind of long and narrow though, which means you will probably need to have a little room between light and canopy to get good coverage. May be difficult to do in 4’ tall space.

2 Likes

Also mate @Biological_Wonder , without a doubt best hobby ever right :wink: but it can go from hobby to obsession faster than a Ferrari with the price tags to boot , shop well my friend and ask around:)

2 Likes

@dbrn32 Thanks man! The guy @ the local hydro store sold me on it, but now I will make sure to come here to get some independent advice from now on! What would you recommend instead?

2 Likes

Can you return it? If not I would just do what you can with it. Just because you will likely move on to a bigger tent of you continue to grow in the future. Imo no sense in dropping more money into this tent, light you have isn’t the worst light ever.

White Widow Day 19. Trying to figure out if my plants need anything from me. I don’t think so, yet, but wanted a 2nd opinion.

In fox farm happy frog soils, do they need any nutrients yet?

I am planning on low stress training, but think I need a couple more sets of leaves and growth to start?

What do y’all think?

2 Likes

Look great and no FFHF you should be good for a while and a little small for training yet you got great advice from the rest so I will just say welcome

2 Likes

Thanks @dirtydave!