Bigsixxx's spider farm 4x2 kit

Transplanted both critical+ autos into 3gal ac infinity grow bags. Watered in with liquid kelp. Wish i had another small tent for vegging. The oldest plant looks rough darker green maybe nitro toxicity. Just plain water when they dry out in a few days. Love this little setup though. Only thing now is trying to get humidity up. Its in high 40s now so its getting better as the gals create their own mini climate.

Transplanting autoflowers, good or bad? Ive heard both. I tend to lean towards bad, only bc of stress it causes and time limit on autos. Maybe causing plant to grow less. Any opinions?

5 Likes

So its day 20. Forgot to mention above. No bottled nutes, well except liquid seaweed. Using ffof with dr earths dry amendments 2tbl/gal. Of soil, on the bottom 1/2of pot then mixed that with happy frog for top half. The soil only sat for a couple weeks there are ew castings mixed in too(1 1/2 cups/3gal pot).

Anyway more pics.

A

3 Likes

I know a lot of people use Ocean Forest to start seeds off in, but I am of the mindset that the PPMs in OF are way too high for seedlings, especially autos which are more nute sensitive.

For me personally, anything 1-gallon and smaller gets Happy Frog and can go for a good month without the addition of nutes other than a lil cal-mag. 3-gal and up gets the ocean forest. I find when the plants are mature enough, they respond much better to the infusion of nutes rather than getting blasted from the get-go.

If you wanna go the OF route, try leaving a small, solo cup-sized hole in the pot so you can add in a little HF or something lighter. Then when the plant grows, it’ll grow “into” the Ocean Forest once it’s roots expand out enough. This should mitigate shock and tip burn in the plants first couple weeks for the next run!

4 Likes

I agree. And i did do the solo cup deal with hole in pot. I think theres a pic. Top half of soil is happy frog mostly with a couple scoops of amended ocean forest mixed in. Next time ill take your advice and go straight hf. I did also Use hf for seedlings. Thanks for tips

2 Likes

Other than than you’re on your way, can’t wait to see how these grow!

1 Like

A picture of my only bottled nute. Wanna K. I. S. S.!!! Water only with a top dressing of dry amendments and ewc every few weeks.

The fan. And whole tent jammed in that small closet. If the closet was about 2in wider i could get the tent all the way in and possibly fit a 2x2 next to it… So im stuck with and very thankful for what i have right now. It’ll get better when i build my room in the garage!!! Thats this summer early fall though. Hoping for at least 1 crop outta this first, shooting for 2.

1 Like

Day 23… They are growing, but slowly. The humidity is the problem im thinking. Watered today. Could be the transplant to. But the bigger one has preflowers popping. Saw a few pistils.

The lil ones are on day 11 they are chugging along pretty good.

4 Likes

Note to self: start autos off in pots they are gonna finish in!!! The stress is real. Maybe theyll finish strong, im gonna try to see whats wrong with them. Im def not going to water for a couple days or 3. Also turned light up to full blast when i saw those pistils. Hope they look better in the morning. I’ll take some pics tomorrow morning. On day 25.

1 Like

Ok just read that my lights may be to close or bright. Have it on 100% at 24inches. Will adjust in am when i take pics and rotate plants.

1 Like

Turn lights down to 75% and raise 5-10".

Turn exhaust down to minimum setting. And add a bowl of water or wet sponge, to raise humidity. VPD is way off.

No watering for next 3 days. Check ph and ppms on tap water.

1/9 mon. Day 25
Some pics

2 Likes

5 Likes

In the second and third photos I spot a huge fan leave at around the 11 o’clock position shading a shoot. You may want to consider losing that fan leave (I do both sides for symmetry) so the new shoot it’s shading doesn’t stunt compared to the others.

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip. I was thinking about that when I was LSTing the one. Thought it mightve been to early. But im gonna do it right after i water tomorrow. Gotta get a fresh razor.

Probably remove 2-3 on each or whatever i see blocking light.
They are very small autos or my technique is alil rusty! Hope they start stretching some. Its day 26.

1 Like

A tip that might help is try to keep things symmetric if possible. If you leave odd amounts of fan leaves, you’ll find your shoots will grow at different rates (the leaves will act as energy collectors, so the branches with more grow faster)

2 Likes

Ordered some recharge… Been hearing alot about that stuff. Says it helps with ph stability. Also got a small bag of Grow Dots gonna try them when i transplant the og kush into 5gal pot. The og will veg until all the autos are finished. I will get clones if i can. And my plan is to flower og and clones(if big enough)after autos are finished

1 Like

If you’re in soil, you don’t need to be nearly as precise with your pH as coco and hydro. I water anything between 5.5-6.5 because the soil acts as a buffer and adjusts. That said, be careful with the recharge you absolutely can burn your plants despite what the packaging says.

1 Like

Thanks for the tips cdp. Was only gonna recharge once a week. 1/2 tsp/gal. Is whats recommended but i might go half of that and water for a few times with that and some seaweed. Need some bacteria activity in that soil… It didnt cook long enough.

This grow is weird!!!
1st time growing autos and i dont know if its the strain or if i stressed them too much, but they are minuscule!!! Its day 27 im hoping its a longer growing strain maybe 80 or so days, so they get bigger.

Gonna transplant both lil ones Saturday when recharge gets in. Have pots ready, 5gal for og Kush and 3 gal for the last critical+2.0 auto i will grow for a while… back to photos for me.
I had better growth with bagseed and miracle gro with cfl lights. Got 2 ozs a plant!!!
Watered today, and did a lil lsting split a branch alil bit, but they are still hanging on.

3 Likes

Also forgot to mention, i did defoiliate a few leaves and tucked a few. So all bud sites are pointed towards the light. And i tied down the untopped gal, so other side branches can catch up. Turned light all the way up.
More pics day 27.

2 Likes

Hey now it’s not always about big they are :joy: . Chances are if they are short and stumpy by the second week of pistols, they’re probs gonna stay like that until harvest. Stunting is a relatively common phenomenon in auto growing that be caused by even minute stress. Sometimes ya just get a runt :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like