BigHuff Grows Golden Goat, Stir Fry, And Orange Gasm

Planned on flipping tomorrow ish, but idk the tops are still having that weird growth after topping. Its just that plant still I think so I might flip anyways.

7 Likes

Non scientific answer, efficiency matters too. You’re getting more light output for less watts. Maybe I’m
Jumping in where I shouldn’t.

2 Likes

Not sure what you mean. My question was why can a 135 watt HLG board can be too much but at 600 watts or whatever the 550s are same distance from plants. Its obvious to me now. But before I wasnt thinking about it right. The answer that makes sense now is cause those watts are going through more boards. Thats all I was asking.

2 Likes

Gotcha. You’re right.

3 Likes

@Breezy are these what you used for gnats? Ive seen a gnats or two flying around this week, and wanna make sure it’s not from my plants…you just dump em on top?

3 Likes

Yep just throw a few on top of soil. Not to many. A little goes a long way. Or you could throw a few in your water you mix up and just water your plants.
I did a whole layer of these as a top soil because I couldn’t get rid of those bugs in my dirt. To this day I still don’t know what those were. Didn’t hurt my plant I don’t think. I just wasted the bits in my opinion as it didn’t do anything to them

2 Likes

I use those and fly paper down by the soil, it catches all the little F’ers that I’m certain come with the soil. Their little parting gift to us👍

2 Likes

6 Likes

@Hellraiser says to use a few bits per square inch and then water the plants as normal and let the slurry just soak down into the soil. It what I used all summer. I live in bug paradise.

3 Likes

i just saw a gnat or two in the room across the hall, so now im paranoid. Also found a cricket in the tent yesterday. And I kill a mosquito every day in this damn room, idk where they are coming from.

2 Likes

we have millions of crickets just outside or we did over the summer. I caught a few in the grow room but not in the tent. I had a few gnats in the tent during veg but went way overboard with the De and then the Bits. I haven’t seen one in the tent for ages. My pots dry out so fast the don’t have a reason to be in there.

Every now and then I will see one land on my monitor or the kill zone and I am only seeing a few on the yellow papers now about the grow area. So few in fact I took the yellow stickies out of the tent aside from one or two just to glance at now and then. I was sick of having them stick to my face and head every time I ducked in there to do something.

I keep things pretty clean and don’t let moisture linger then trays and what not.

2 Likes

started the 12 hours shifts today, i cant let em get much bigger so its now or never. And the 10 week clock starts. Coming down right before christmas, as im leaving for 2 days then.

2 Likes

how long did it take you to make that decision. I find myself taking hours or days to make calls some times. lol

And yea. that’s a tight squeeze you got going there. Definitely don’t want it overcrowded. Im going two less plants in the 4x8 this time. 6 only.

2 Likes

im pretty impulsive usually, but i planned this a few days ago. Im not sure if ittl work out how i want, but im damn sure gonna try to keep all four. I may have to pick and choose which shoots i allow through. but right now its kinda perfect. Theres one stem or cola for each lil square. We shall see.

2 Likes

good deal. I plant on a more even canopy this time around. I really need to maximize my space.

1 Like

thats what im shooting for also, but I have no clue how these plants will grow, but I kept it pretty even last time by super cropping. I have 2 more screens to put up, the bottom one is just to separate it all, then ill guide the colas through the second one, and use the third for support… i think. sounds good anyways.

2 Likes

So i was popping the taller stems so that they slow down the stretch in an attempt to get a bunch of the same height colas. Anyways. The citrus smell off of the OrangeGasm is pretty incredible. It smells like lemon candy, and its not even flowering yet. Pretty excited. I also came to the conclusion that I am going to have to feed the golden goat #2 seperatly it needs a lil more macros then the rest. But i think I got it under control for now.

4 Likes

Im thinking about getting a par meter…but damn they are expensive. I cant even find a used one locally. I just dont feel like im getting the most out of this light running it at such a low intensity. hmmmm we should get a community one lol, seems dumb to spend 400 bucks on something i only need to use once. But it would be very useful that one time. I guess it would be useful for each grow…

2 Likes

There are a bunch of videos showing how you can get accurate PAR readingings using a less expensive LUX meter. I wont try to explain it as I dont have the knowledge myself, but the videos were simple enough to follow.

Also, where did you get your golden goat seeds from? I love that strain (its has the BEST smell in my opinion of any strains)

2 Likes

They are from irie genetics, check out seeds here now. the s1’s are all gone, but i think there are still Bx available.

2 Likes