BigHuff Grows Golden Goat, Stir Fry, And Orange Gasm

Right on, you’ve got a lot for me to catch up on

2 Likes

This is the first of 3 planned nets. That’s the plan… we will see how it goes in real life though.

Alright. I smashed everything down… its funny how careful I was with the first plants. Now I’m shoving em outta the way bending em over, smashing em down with a net…lol strong plants for sure. The growth structure difference is crazy. Some of them absolutely exploded out when I topped them, the bottom right one is all sparse though…I’m expecting it to stretch a bit in flower.

8 Likes

@Hemp Here is my new one

3 Likes

I wanted to show the difference in phenotypes of my golden goats. Its a Hawaiian Romulan x Island Sweet Skunk. And the two parents shine through very differently in these two phenos. The short bushy one is clearly a Romulan pheno tight node spacing and all that, the lanky spaced out one is the clear island sweet Skunk pheno I would think. I just think it’s pretty cool the difference you can find in the same strains.

6 Likes

It is cool. I have several that are completely different. 2 don’t even come close to resembling the others.

2 Likes

I keep forgetting what your growing…blueberry? White widow?

2 Likes

white widow.

2 Likes

I didn’t even notice til now, but I got the light with the knob you gotta connect…super convenient, as long as it doesn’t melt…idk where I’m supposed to put it but it for sure is meant to go into something. Any ideas @ashhhh ? Or does yours have the lil holes to adjust?

I’m around 170 atm I have the light up about 3 feet tho.

2 Likes

It wont melt. Heres how I set up mine. I used a ziptie to hold it with othet cables

Hlg has a video on their site that shows you how to do it

4 Likes

ok sweet, thanks.

3 Likes

I hot glue gunned mine to the panel i made but you dont have that. So maybe just wire it up like ash suggested and be careful.

2 Likes

@BigHuff2316 I didn’t get a POTS ( Potentiometer, aka dimmer switch) with my HLG light. Watch the video, but most POTS are wired in series with the positive wire , never + to -.

3 Likes

So if im in a 2x2 and can use like 160 watts at 24 inches right? But in a 2x 4 i can do like 300 watts at 24 inches? i realize the space is bigger… but the plants that are under the light, wouldnt they get be getting WAY more light? is it the reflected light that becomes a problem at higher watts in a small space? Why can i add more watts for a bigger space…if that makes sense…Or can you not do more watts at that height?
@dbrn32

1 Like

I don’t know, how often do you see me tell anyone that it doesn’t matter what light you have as long as it is enough watts?

2 Likes

Maybe im confused…but i dont get your answer. if i get that, my question wasn’t about what kind of light to use…or how many watts… But to answer your question, I personally have never seen you say that. But Ive only asked about specific lights before. Maybe I worded it wrong…Lemme try again.

Ok, lets say im in a 4 x 4. i could use an hlg 550 or 600 or whatever im guessing? Im also guessing that they would be the same distance from the canopy as my current lights? Unless the tents are way taller. My question was, why can that 600+ watt be used at whatever height to the canopy, but at 170 watts is too much in a smaller space, the more i type about it the more im thinking it has to be the reflection? I hope that makes more sense, but I think I convinced my self its the reflection. Correct me if im wrong.

Now Im wondering about your response… Doesnt it matter what kind of light it is? Or is watts the only thing that matters? I thought spectrum and stuff mattered. Or is that more dialing in.

1 Like

It’s because the wattage is powering more panels. Your thinking about it like all that wattage is focusing on a canopy point. The intensity at any canopy point is what will cause issues. Look at the ppfd at various heights and intensities for different lights. That will be more informative than watts.

2 Likes

Ohhhh, ok. That makes sense. Thanks for the answer. I was just wondering more than anything. So if you put them watts through one board, IF the board lived it would fry the plants…got it.

1 Like

No problem, nice plants man!

1 Like

Every light and space is different. You wouldn’t run a 150 watt light the same as 300 watt light that are the same size in the same space, at the same height in most scenarios. That’s assuming we’re talking same tech, efficiency, and designs.

Fundamentally speaking, talking about watts and light heights like they are stand alone priorities is pretty useless. There could be a 300 watt light that has large coverage area and be perfectly fine to run closer than a 100 watt light that has very small coverage area.

4 Likes

Nevermind, Eagles got me. I was actually comparing hlg 135 and hlg 550 for that reason, obviously lights are different. I didnt understand the distribution among multiple boards, thats the answer i was looking for.

3 Likes