Biggest Issues as a grower

Hey guys,

Just wondering what some of the biggest issues you have run into as a beginner? Hope everyone is having a great day!

Happy Growing!

Sincerely,
Bobby

1 Like

Patience. Following good instructions.

6 Likes

Anything specific? Instructions on growing? grow area setup? equipment (lights)? I had issues with curing my first couple of times.

Happy Growing!

Sincerely,
Bobby

3 Likes

When germinating seeds the seed pod stays stuck to the tops. I started letting them soak a little longer and added couple drops of hydrogen peroxide to the water now. Hopefully that will help my problem!!!

2 Likes

The short answer is “yes” haha. Not being a smart ass but there are so many aspects of this that requires nothing but time. Sometimes that’s tough.

4 Likes

Every try just putting them right into the medium? I used the paper towel method for a long time. Now, I just put them into the rockwool and let nature do it’s thing. Moisture via a water bottle helps too. That’s why I like to keep my seedlings with a humidity dome on top. The water droplets make it easy for the seedling to pop it off.

Happy Growing!

Sincerely,
Bobby

Under watering and heat was my problem. Also, i germinate straight in soil, and out solo cup over as a dome. 3 to 4 days later, I have a sprout.

2 Likes

Yeah. It’s definitely work. Between just feeding and defoliating you can spend HOURS. Getting a workflow where your clones are ready to flower is key to a perpetual harvest.

Happy Growing!

Sincerely,
Bobby

2 Likes

Heat from the light?

Sincerely,
Bobby

Yeah, sorry. I use HID in the flower tent, and qb light in the veg tent. I have a cool tube now though in the flower tent.

1 Like

I soak 24hrs then put in soil. 4-5 came out helmet head so have to try something different!!!

1 Like

Security, smell , setting ul the whole process, spending too much money on supplies and equip. Etc…lol

3 Likes

Those are sweet. I have a 600 watt cool tube that I removed from my old supercloset. Pulled 28 ounces from a single plant with that light in a tent. Loooooong time ago.

Sincerely,
Bobby

2 Likes

Allowing my ph to swing out of range, and not dealing with a knat infestation early enough would be my two biggies I think.

3 Likes

Only drawback was not knowing my nutes, overfeeding here&there. Other worlds
, Ph fluc…
Eem… Some g8ne for phyth/damp off, early stage.
Some BUD gone to BUD rot, more than i wanted.
Some revegged, some die, etc…
And @BobbyCelo like U, first i dont work out how to cure, but dont worrie. Tume will do da work.
If you dont throw over wet buds on jar, youre ok.
2 weeks, any kind of style cure will do the work anyway.
:seedling::herb:

1 Like

@beginner2d. The best way to cure I found is to cut the entire plant and hang it upside down. There is nothing worse than really dry bud. All the medicinal properties are gone. The slower the better. Cutting the plant into pieces only speeds up the cure. The faster they dry, the drier the trichomes become and less potent it becomes.

Another mistake I made before was…waiting until the stems broke entirely in half. In other words, the buds were TOO DRY at that point. They need to go into jars right before they are bending but you can’t hear them BREAK.

Happy Growing!

Sincerely,
Bobby

3 Likes

That’s mine, a 6" cool tube 600 watt, I used 400 watt on my first grow. Light was a little under powered for the 3x4 for my first grow, and I ended with 8 ounces with 3 plants. Respectable first grow weight. I’m not bothered about loads of yield from the 3 flower tent plants. I am wondering how much yield, I will get from the plant, I have trained in a manifold. I will have her in the veg tent for another 2 weeks, I am guessing. I looking for 12" to 16" of vertical from manifold base. Before I move her to the flower tent.

4 Likes

Damn, that sucks!

1 Like

I cut my plant down, and hung whole upside down. They dried a bit to fast, but great still.

1 Like

Yeah, im over live it that a overdry BUD. Really Hard to get them right moist % later. 45rh buds, you must exhale in jars over week to get them right condition, after that i must suck air out of jar. If Its mean long jarring- 62 max. I like 55% peronally. You let them brethe 10-20 min and Really good do to every kind of smoking. Vape/dab/joint/bong or whateva way you decarb your goods.

2 Likes