Bigger buds from my plants please

So I’ve grown these stains of autoflower. White Widow, Gorilla Glue, Geloto, I’ve had good results and enjoy them all. Here’s the question, what things could I do to produce bigger buds? I use a 1500 watt led light in a 3x3 tent. It has a carbon filter exhaust. My temp average is around 72°. Humidity is around 60%. I spray the leaves every day and water when needed. Using Frog organic potting soil and Fox Farm fertilizer at the different stages. Also lots of praise and loving thoughts! Also I grow 4 plants at a time. Last grow I did a more aggressive trimming. More buds for sure. I cut the buds that are done as they finish.

3 Likes

I have found 5 gallon or better pots and solid light help. That 3x3 will grow 4 pretty good sized plants. Small pots typically have smaller plants. Last big girl in a 3x3 was in a 20 gallon cloth pot. Vegged long"was a mother" with a lot of fimm. Stakes to support. 2+ pounds dry bud…a pound of larf and trim for infusing.

4 Likes

Just wanted to mention this. Auto do their own thing. I defoliate my auto almost none. Just for airflow. Fans feed flowers and auto stops making them very quickly. No fans means smaller flowers. Just my thoughts.

6 Likes

Either biiiiiiiiig time overkill. Or, like most manufacturers, it’s actually 150w and it’s not quite enough. You want 40-50w per square foot, so 400ish true watts.

5 Likes

Higher yields will be found using photoperiod plants, I’m assuming your light is not 1,500 watts as I’ve never seen one offered. Light intensity is the single biggest factor in yield numbers. With good LED’s you want somewhere (roughly) around 30 to 40 actual watts per square foot.

9 Likes

:point_up::point_up::point_up: this guy knows more than me lol. Go by his post

1 Like

FACTS!!! Even a littke low on light power a photo will destroy an auto with a long veg under subpar lights. Also can veg till a light upgrade arrives. Veg as long as you like. Get as big as you want.

3 Likes

Thanks for all your advice! Wish I had asked earlier, as I just finished my 5th grow.
:v:

1 Like

don’t crowd you pr space, more light power than you have. Fimming helps with an even canopy, and bud size. Those are the two big factors, but all the small things adds up, temperature, humidity, ph, not burning them with nutes, but providing just the right amount, photos will do better than autos. It’s all in the details for the big buds, but good lighting gets you a long ways. I always get pretty big, and dense buds, but I typically concentrate on one plant at a time, and get a big yield.

5 Likes

I’ve also found (as have others) that running soilless with synthetic nutes outperforms soil grows for yield.

6 Likes

If you’re like me and have a lot of auto seeds then the key is training and more light. I have a 2x4 and an HLG 350R. That’s just over 40 watts per square foot. With four small or three bigger autos I harvest around a pound of dried bud. Up the light and LST the hell out of your autos.

2 Likes

Is this just for same time frame? Or same space? If two 3x3’s are filled with even canopy of colas and same environment but one is soilless and one is in soil will soilless still get bigger buds?

1 Like

I prefer to say a higher yield over the same length of time. This has been pretty well documented. Here’s a great video worth watching although long. You will learn a lot here:

6 Likes

Have to agree with the experts on here lights are key to better buds in my 3x3 I’m using a 600R and by switching from organic soil to synthetic in promix I shortened my veg time by about a week that and proper environmental conditions go along way to maybe not bigger but better quality

5 Likes

Agree, I have the same light, and the same size tent. I’m not big on autos, but I did one GG last time, and get 6.5 dry.

12 Likes

Some nice purps there

3 Likes

LTS?what’s is LTS?

Low stress training.

Question, same light, same space, 365 days grow.
2x3 space hlg light, appropriate for size.
Seeds only.
Who produces more in one year? Auto or photo. You get 3 full harvests on autos, what can you do from seed to harvest?

whose light? 1500 true watts would blast me out of a 3x3
A China Cheapie, that advertises 1500 watts and uses 150?

1 Like

I’d have to go with photo run 12/12 from the start.

1 Like