Bigdaddy's Outdoor/Indoor Super Soil Grow Journal

Oh, I claim nothing. I don’t recommend topping autos, but I will occasionally experiment. I prefer LST.

2 Likes

I’ve topped her at 5 node stacks, even did it before I get high so it didn’t turn into a FIM or whatever.

Does anyone have suggestions for keeping grasshoppers away? They are my only pest at the moment and my lord are they munching on my plants… @Ning ideas?

1 Like

Have you tried spraying them with my recipe? Thoroughly wet the leaves, that will make it unappetizing for them. Initially, do it every other day. That’s what I usually do when infestation is heavy. They don’’ like the smell but it goes away fast so you have to be deligent spraying. I also found they don’t care much for mature leaves, only the young, tender shoots got chewed. So it’s hard work when there are young leaves. Once the leaves are all mature, they don’t get chewed up as much.

INDOOR UPDATE

I needed a free and easy way to begin the training and it took me a couple days but I thought of this and so far its working. ILGM Blue Dream topped and tied down for training.

===================================================================
OUTDOOR UPDATE

@Ning It worked, it kept them off my girls but then they went for my cover crop which isn’t the biggest deal. I need to cut back the weeds on the ground, probably just throw a tarp down to cover the area??

Over view of the area at the moment.

I did tried some training to get this girl to bush out more by tying down each branch to get more sun all around, come back the next day and this branch is hanging for dear life. Still alive and keeping a watchful eye.

I have the GH trio like in the post above. I used a little more then I had been figuring they’re bigger and would want a little more BUT got this result, its only at the lower part of the plant for now. “Nitrogen toxicity - Some growers describe seeing symptoms such as the leaves curling over like a claw”

Going to just use plain PH balanced water for the next couple waterings, I don’t want to flush my super soil. @garrigan62 thoughts?

1 Like

Looking good. Thanks for the report.

I just started training the Skywalker OG then thought I might as well top it too. I tried to FIM it but don’t know it would be FIMMing in literal sense. I had to leave to be with my baby girl, she’s going to have a surgery next week. I plan to be with her for 3 weeks. By the time I get back I might not recognize my yard!

What your plan is is perfect, You’er plants are in good hands. You’ve done your home work lol

1 Like

@Ning nice Mellon’s!

1 Like

@Ning Hope both your babies are healthy in the coming weeks! I’m for sure going to keep the recipe handy. I gave it to my buddy who gave my the 2 clones in the above pictures. :smiley:

@garrigan62 I couldn’t find the exact post you had but it when into better detail of nutrient issues, I printed it off and have it on my wall next to the tent.

@Jbum Those gonna be some thick melons soon :wink: , Ning’s a lucky man!

I’ve been watching these videos and checking ILGM training for knowledge on training on all ends, trying a little of everything.

@bigdaddyflexn, thanks, it’s never fun with the kids but we’ll get thorugh it. Hopefully, she’d want to kick me out before 3 weeks, lol! I had to beef up the support before I left. My gold Leaf is almost 9’ tall already.

@Jbum, thanks. It’s Kobatcha (sp?), Asian squash , taste like sweet pumpkin. I threw some seeds in my compost pile last year and got the volunteer I decided to leave. So it got really healthy. Last count, I got 4 squashes on it after a lot of culling, trimming, otherwise I won’t have any room to walk around my garden. Made a few rounds of these already.

1 Like

bigdaddyflexn,

So you do have it, is that correct ?

Watching I also run super soil. And here is a Green Crack Auto successfully topped. It’s on the bottom right. Topped at 5th node. Bottom left is Green Crack Auto not topped. For comparison. Was experimental for my grow.

@garrigan62 - Yeah I tried to quote exactly but I couldn’t find it online, all’s good I have a physical copy so I don’t have to pull my phone up every time my ladies do something funky with their leaves.

Your a god among men sir, thank you!

@TXCanna sweet deal! I’m running autos for my winter grow soon and was curious about topping an auto. I’m going to do the same and top one and not the other to see the difference for experimental purposes.

1 Like

I’ll tag you in my journal you can see the difference from the day I topped.

1 Like

Awesome, thank you!

QUICK OUTDOOR UPDATE
Some damage from nutes present and bugs eating away. I didn’t do anything to prevent bugs for a couple days which is my own fault. Grasshoppers havnt been bad at all, but I’ve been seeing these beetles and whatever this yellow bug is… ALSO FUNGUS GNATS which is a huge bummer! My soils been slightly dry lately so I’m not sure why they are present? Maybe my worms died in the soil?

Past couple days I’ve been killing any present bugs, and spraying with my Liquid lady bug for the Fungus Gnats.

SUGGESTIONS?

Bacillus thuringiensis added to my soil? but would it be bad for my soil microbes?

“Bacillus thuringiensis is a Gram-positive, soil-dwelling bacterium, commonly used as a biological pesticide.”

Nevermind, the GreatWhite Brand mycorrhizae has “Bacillus thuringiensis” in it already.

I havn’t used this at all for the outdoor plants. Going to start adding it here and there to see if it helps, I see no reason it wont because I use it on the indoor plant.

The liquid lady bug removed bugs from the leaves but only slightly reduced the gnat population. Getting food grade " Diatomaceous Earth Food-Grade" in a couple hours since I can use it for more then just the gnats.

1 Like

I’m battling some fungus gnats I’m finally got under control but now I’ve noticed a bunch of earthworms I put into my cloth pots have got tangled in the string siding and killed themselves… any suggestions why? @dbrn32 @TXCanna @BlackShirt @Mrcrabs @Myfriendis410 @Ning ?

1 Like

Were they trying to get out of too wet soil? Like after a rain? That and fungus gnats is a sign of too much water. Are you in pots or in the ground?

3 Likes