BigCats perpetual grow

Just ordered one. Unfortunately I won’t arrive till March 23 but is what it is at least I’ll have it.

1 Like

Dude do it. It’s the only way you can garuentee you’re not wasting the small amount of space we have on plants that won’t produce flower we love.

1 Like

That would be a cool idea for sure. I’ll have to look more into it. That book i was given was more for ornamental bonsais so i obviously wouldnt be putting that rock with glue paste down but i can take note of their trimming and training methods. There is a guy i follow on instagram called sharkmouse farms that does bonsais and then another one called gold dust farms that does shaped plants with wire farms and training and i love the results they get!

1 Like

Awesome I’ll check those out for sure.

1 Like

Alright so day 3 in the veg tent and things are looking great. I filled some of my solo cups to the top to support the leggy ladies and then staked the tallest one. Super smash cake had the biggest cotyldeons ive ever seen its definitely a new one for me but all are doing great. Been getting 10 ml of RO a day and sunday ill start cutting water with jacks for a 50% strength blend to start them out light before ramping up to full strength

4 Likes

morning BigCat…everyone looks nice

2 Likes

Morning to you as well @Retiredoldguy. Thanks! These ladies are spending no time going for the light. My sweet seeds dark devil is staying low tho i wonder if she will play catch up later or just bush out

1 Like

it would be no fun if they all grew the same…what would we talk about :rofl:

Well as it stands now the only strain that short is the dark devil. I said sour diesel earlier but i edited that. Its too early lol. Its gonna be an interesting grow for sure tho. Hoping to see some colors popping out in mid to late flower this run. Dark devil is gonna be purple/black and the red hot cookies will be red/pink. Really looking forward to seeing that red/pink color pheno in this strain i grow out. Currently my lights are set on 24/0 as i try to get the rest of my lavendar to pop up. Only had like 10 jiffy pellets take root out of 36 and the exact opposite for the sweet basil im gonna be overrun with that stuff. Good thing its a pest repellent. Might keep 1 or 2 for the tent as a companion plant for shits and grins

3 Likes

3 Likes

@Bigbud420 told me that the super smash cake is actually a feminized seed. Oh well. The red hot cookies is also feminized so after i get the sweet basil and lavendar out ill swap to a 12/12 light schedule

1 Like

Alright so day 13 in the flower tent its packing on weight nicely!

4 Likes

nice view…kinda mesmerizing

3 Likes

I’ve been waiting for you to do six. Every time I see your tent I think “man he could totally pack a couple more in there”, haha: looks great @BigCat420

3 Likes

Why thank you @matty777 and @Retiredoldguy i appreciate the kind words!

So something weird happened last night. I can only assume i either A) overwatered which i hear you cant do in coco or B) the poor humidity in my flower tent high 30s to low 40s caused 2 of my 6 ladies to droop a bit. @SparkUp said the one closest to the dehumidifier was drooping the worst and the other onr wasnt really bad. After watering they seemed to bounce right back. Trying to make sense of what happened and im thinking low humidity finally took its toll. I went ahead and added in a humidifier. Ive been slacking on that hoping the humidity would bounce back into the 50s with the warm weather but in MO i guess our weather is too inconsistent as of now. 40s one day then 70s the next lol gotta love it. Moving forward im gonna keep a close eye on the 2 ladies affected seeing as my hermies start left to right im worried if something goes south it will start there. Until i can figure out a good humidifier to work with my inkbird controllers im just gonna check that glower tent humidifier like 2x a day and hope my problems stay away

3 Likes

If it was near a dehumidifier then I bet that is the reason…took all the moisture from her…happy Saturday BC

1 Like

Well the dehumidifier isnt on though thats what gets me. The inkbird humidity controller its hooked up to is set at 62% with a 3% +/- differential so it shouldn’t be on at all. Same thing with the ac. The temp has been in the low to mid 70s and holding steady with the cold temps these past few days. Just been running the heater, fans, and main tent ventilation at 3 on my t6

2 Likes

strange indeed then…

1 Like

Oh no, sorry brother . Maybe you should think about putting your dehumidifier outside of the tent. I did and it works for both tents in the same room.

1 Like