BigCats perpetual grow

You sure that’s not just the natural maturation process? Like maybe the pistils are just brown in color for that particular phenotype as it matures?

1 Like

Im not sure its on 3 out of 4 of the plants and i have a bunch of beautiful nugs with tall white pistils and then these sad saps got me worried

2 Likes

I fully sympathize with this situation. :joy:

2 Likes

Possibly that you inadvertently touched the tops leaning over to adjust something? I know my front Blue Dream had some early red pistils right on top because I was continually touching them with my clothing while attending the plants in the back of my tent. :man_shrugging:t3: Hate to think you hit the hermie wall again. genetics? :100:

1 Like

Sorry I’m pretty sure I missed this, but what’s the medium? Your desired pH ranges are kinda throwing me off.

Edit
In my experience with pre-mature pistil degradation has been tied to…

Root problems that force a plant into an early flower, sometimes 50% earlier. Tastes like straight Chlorophyll, harsh, no terps. This is rare and usually happens when plants are really root bound.

Strains, some pump out a lot of pistils, and they mature quickly. Happened to me many times

Lock out, which is kind of the same thing as root problems at this point, but your leaves would be showing off the problems before pistils. So this is unlikely.

Pollination. If there’s any chance of males or pollen, the plants gonna essentially stop and focus on seed production… which would lead to the pistils prematurely aging. But based on the age and size, I’d say this is unlikely also.

Now judging on the leaves and the overall appearance I’d say it’s the way the plants are supposed to be. The leaves look healthy to boot.

In coco- aim for 5.8-6.0 during veg and 6.0-6.3 during flower.

2 Likes

Ive only grown ILGM genetics up to this point except my very first grow. There is a possibility my clothing touched them but they are moreso in the middle of the tent. @Low im growing in straight coco coir. Typical input of 5.4-5.6 to achieve runoff around 6-6.2ph. Before (previous runs) i was feeding at 5.8-6 ph and was getting 6.3-6.6 ph runoff

1 Like

I amended my previous post if you would take a look brother. I’m really inebriated but I’m trying. Lol.

2 Likes

Are these clones that are herming on you each time or from seed?

1 Like

Lmao thanks @Low. When i get some time tomorrow ill try and get my input ppm and ph to compare to my runoff ppm and ph. I doubt it could really be any of those issues as my only real concern was that 30 minute late night which they didnt really lose any night time as i changed the timer that night to accommodate for the lost time as i got carried away on the trimming one day and wasn’t watching the clock but had already started and didnt want to stop. I am seeing some “painted nails” or burnt tips but nothing concerning. My next guess was the fan was blowing too hard on the buds so i raised it up a bit for more indirect airflow. I made sure last run that everything was spic and span and sprayed then wiped down 2x with bleach water dilute then disinfectant wipes. Even took off the carbon filter so no way its pollination

1 Like

Kind of my point. I wouldn’t be concerned with light schedules at all, as long as they are getting darkness when they should. Meaning, an interruption of the dark period is what can lead to problems and even then often times it has to be a reoccurrence. I’ve often time changed my dark periods, from 12 to 10 or 12 to 11, and back and forth. Those “painted nails,” is something I’d look at as a problem if they weren’t there. It’s a good indicator they are getting what they need without over doing it. You could look into light intensity, and even then I’d say that’s unlikely because the behavior of your leaves would indicate that. Same with a heavy fan. Leaves go first. They will twist and cower, claw, try to get away.

2 Likes

Yeah im left scratching my head as per usual but soemthing screwy like this happens every grow then bam hermies. Thats why im trying to stay on top of things and havent cranked the light intensity to the 900-1000 umols range yet

1 Like

And your humidity and temps are In check? I’ve only ran into herms from flowering too long or too intense of light toward the end. Also prolonged exposure to UV

Edit
I’m not trying to say what’s what, I’m trying to help you narrow down. :call_me_hand:t3:

1 Like

Temp is about 70-76 and humidity 50-55. This run i was trying to do it simple and easy to avoid any hermies. I have UVA and UVB but opted not to use then this run as the manual timer they were plugged into lost track of time i can only assume due to power outages and not checking to make sure that the time is accurate after the power came back on

3 Likes

That’s on point for this stage.

3 Likes

Totally understand. I appreciate the help!

2 Likes

Ilgm are pretty solid, those I have had herm haven’t been their genetics. But… I usually don’t run ilgm. Hopefully more people will chime in to help. :call_me_hand:t3:

1 Like

Happens to me all the time, no herms.

3 Likes

ILGM Wedding Cake dropped three and 1/3 were male. Did nothing different to this one than the other two. The other two are just flowering away. I’ve seen so many ILGM autos herm on this forum I’ll never buy their autos again. I’ll run Gary’s autos until I’m out. Never had an issue with ILGM photoperiods. Honestly I believe it’s genetics.
my opinions are my own and should be taken as misinformation until verified by an appropriate source

1 Like

Well thanks for the reassurance everyone! Makes me feel much better. I got my eye on this grow in case she starts going sideways i can quickly get her back on track

1 Like

I’ve had the Classic for 5-6 years now and love it. It’s easy to use, clean, and great for parties…which is my primary use of it. I bought my son in law one for Christmas and bought my son & my girlfriend’s son a Plenty for Christmas.

Their products are built like tanks. I have a bunch of the larger bags for larger gatherings and use the standard size bags when just the guys come over. You’ll love it, but be aware you’ll go through more bud using it. The hits are smooth and not harsh once you dial in your temps….and that’s easy to do.

Worth every penny!

1 Like