Starter journal

My buddy has also talked

me into running “quality genetics” as he would say. Long story short I keep asking him how to constantly improve quality and potency and he always says genetics bro. I figured I’d pay his 100-200 a clone an try it out alongside my ILGM genetics and see the difference next veg run. The breeder he goes thru that is selling on kingkingclones and neptuneseedbank dot com is Tiki madman. The cuts my buddy is getting are jealousy and forbidden runtz. I guess basing his prices off the website im getting a deal lol. He gets them and clones the clones to sell.im about a month or 2 away from needing g these so it’ll be a cool thing to watch them grow side by side and compare

2 Likes

I transplanted the little ladies today. Frustrated that I can’t seem to get the quick beginnings down and that it always takes me 1 month to transplant from seed. Not sure if its multiple things causing the issues of stunted growth or mainly just lack of experience. Flower tent and veg tent were both showing signs of cal mag Deficiency and now thats going away. These ladies were just about rootbound when I transplanted them so hopefully they’ll recover and show new growth with haste. Until I get back home I just got these blurry pics lol sorry. On the bright side of things my mango tree is going crazy. New branches growing every week thats pretty exciting to watch

2 Likes

Today is light day! New lights are gonna cost me an arm and a leg. $2095.60 after tax. I was originally wanting to go with a 2 grand budget for veg and flower but was convinced to up my budget and just get something that has damn near the highest light intensity on the market now. The grower choice roi-720 will update with pics of them later after I get off work and buy them but im super excited regardless of price

2 Likes

Also @dbrn32 what is your thoughts on installation? Can I put these in the flower tent today when lights flip on or is it better to finish out this flower run (currently week 9 white pistils turning orange and receding) with the 3 marshydro lights so I don’t stress my ladies? If I can put them in today what ppfd (light intensity) can I have it up to? Currently around 900-915 on light intensity

2 Likes

Personally, I wouldn’t mess with them and just use them on the next grow. That’s just me though.

You can use them now if you want. Just dim them to match intensity of lights you are replacing at first, then gradually increase light intensity.

2 Likes

Is there any chance the stress could cause a hermie if it gets stressed out over light change? Thats mainly what im trying to avoid and why I’m asking

1 Like

Simply changing a light won’t cause stress unless its a major increase in light intensity in short period of time.

3 Likes

Thanks man! I appreciate all the help in this forum because sometimes I feel like I’m posting up embarrassing mistakes or stupid questions lol yall give me nicer feedback than my friends that grow thats for damn sure

4 Likes

New lights are in the tent and man oh man I didn’t think they were gonna fit. When I measured i had a little over a inch side to side play but when they actually sit side by side they are so wide they take up literally the whole tent. Awesome coverage and couldn’t be happier except 1 gripe. These lights come with a dial to adjust the intensity but it only moves in ticks of 25% at a time unless you buy the $300 controller. Its been said before and ill say it again do ALL your research before buying a product lol. Needless to say after I jammed them 2 in the tent and rigged up an exhaust vent for my ac that they don’t want to move up and down without some assistance. So now after spending about $2100 I have to get the digital touchscreen controller thats $300 more just to adjust the light intensity like my marshydro lights. Why would you not make the dial totally functional? Oh well rant over now let’s look at this upgrade. The results are already day and night. I feel like this light has a cleaner white with less yellow. Maybe it’s me because I’m stoned but it makes my setup look a bit more professional haha. Love the lights hate the cash grab digital controller idea but ill be damned if they were going back in the car to STL. First 2 pics just shows how tight of a fit it actually is
!

2 Likes

I was wrong its $400

:rage:

2 Likes

Well after another trip to the grow shop and another $450 later I’ve got the master controller and coco a and coco b of the house and garden line. I was wanting to switch to jacks 321 in the long-run but for now I’m gonna try this out and see if I can’t get better results than the fox farm trio since I’m already used to mixing up reservoir buckets and not soil amendments. I can’t tell you enough how much I love this controller. Was it expensive? Yes. Was it dumb not to just make a dial that worked like marshydros just so they could push the controller sales? Yes. Besides these points I can totally see it being worth while for even 2 lights on different setups as this eliminates the need to run digital timers or plug in timers and you can adjust your 2 groups intensity 1% at a time and this controller let’s you “boost” your light intensity up 10% higher than as opposed to just turning it on max setting without the controller. Here is all the nutes im running now. Plan on switching the veg tent to this new line of nutes next watering and keeping my fingers crossed. One of the pics is of my shroom monotub. It perfectly fits in my 2.5x2.5x3 so I’m pretty stoked for that

3 Likes

Now you need to stop all of this nonsense!!! You’re making me want to go out and spend a bunch of money LOL :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Seriously, that is a super nice set up you’ve got going there!!

I’m set to watch and learn!

2 Likes

Yeah I’m loving the look of the lights in both the tents. I didn’t care for the blurple lighting and I think the white lighting has a more clean and professional look although it is more blinding lmao. I really love the controller while I was initially mad about the purchase being so expensive and what not since I just spent 2k the day before they are like dude heres 20% off the $400 controller and 10% each of the coco products. They say this controller can control 50 lights per channel/group just daisy chaining which i hadn’t understood at first but its as simple as start this plug in A on the first light then take the other end and plug it into the other light in A and the next plug goes in B then can go to your controller or to the next light in the A plug and just continue on light so up to 50 lights and max 100 with both groups. Pretty cool idea and worthwhile for anyone running 2 or more lights and the features are awesome. But no grow succeeds solely on money contributions. I must start following procedures more closely. I have not been taking runoff readings or checking EC but I do check my PPM and PH everyday. Always something to improve on and im willing to take on the challenge with everyone’s help because I know I can rely on this forum to help me along the way its seriously been my shoulder to lean on thru my learning curves and im glad to be able to pass on the info to others that I learn. Saturday started the flushing of my 2 Bruce banner girls as they are in week 9. I need to check the trichomes and see where im at as im seeing more orange hairs but yet more white pistils still popping. Side note my buddy says he usually pulls week 9-10 that sounds crazy doesn’t it he said he harvest some buds with white hairs everywhere sometimes. Previous grow i did stem splitting and saw some great results but initially had issues with the splitting so I drilled a hole and had better success. I found it easier to use something metal and hammer that sucker in. Don’t use a pencil lmao that’s the learning curve yeah that sucked to get out and fix. This time im thinking ill sanitize with 70% alcohol some Alan wrenches or get a small bolt after I zip tie above and below the drill spot and let her have it. I want to do this about a week before harvest so ill be trying to get some pics in today of trichomes for everyone’s input. I hope everyone has a good afternoon and stay lifted!

1 Like

Well, what I have found (and part of it is me being really busy with work and when I’m home being lazy LOL) is I always watch ppm and pH in. I check ppm of runoff until I start adding nutes, then I only check it every now and then or if something looks likes it’s ‘off’. It has saved me a bunch of time but I’m pretty used to my nutrients and soil so that makes it easy.

Sweet! Tag me so I don’t miss it!

1 Like

Added coco a and b. Made up a 3 gal mix and used it all to achieve runoff. These planters were really dry and then the rest went to my mango plant. The green crack had a ppm of 1230 ec of 1.8 and ph of 5.7. The grandaddy purp was ppm of 1870 and ec of 2.6 and ph of 5.5. I imagine they had nute lockout previously. I started them off with a really light seedling feed to introduce them to new nute line up and achieve runoff. They seem to be loving the new setup same with my mango tree which has 3 new growth spots. Also after inspecting the trichomes in the flower tent we have decided that there were a lot of milky/cloudy trichomes

with very little amber and that it would need another week so we did the stem splitting today. One of the trunks was so much bigger so I used a extra 13mm bolt I had laying around and after drilling out a hole drilled that bad boy thru. The other trunk was smaller and got a Allen wrench in it. Im hoping to see some great results from the stem splitting I know I did last time @Caligurl here’s the carnage lol

3 Likes

That is crazy! Hey @Nicky @AfgVet check this journal out.

2 Likes

I’ve been reading Arrow’s journal labour of love a lot lately and im thinking for these little veg ladies im gonna try some manifold and mainline training. Not sure the difference on the 2 yet but I got my stakes in the mail the other day and im eager to give it a shot. @Arrow did i do the mad thing with these girls when I drilled them and stabbed em? Lol love your journal brother! Do you think I could get away with using my LST trainers while doing this manifold/mainline training? They work kind of like super cropping and form a big knob when the trainer needs to be removed. See Amazon review photo. BTW not my name or review just a random one for reference

2 Likes

its the same thing…i see it as you create a manifold by mainlining (they came up with the word manifold because of the obvious negative connotation created by the word mainlining)

you sure did brother…and i like that…let me know your thoughts on the stem splitting, i have not done this in a while.

for sure…i think it will work quite nice :ok_hand:

thank you kindly for your nice remarks and for taking the time on my thread…if i can assist in any way, let me know

i will be following along now…if nobody minds… :sunglasses: :v:

4 Likes

Hey man id love that! You and many others have greatly helped me in this forum and I love to learn more and pass it along to others as we grow and learn nonstop as a community. I’ve already had the LST trainers for a bit and used them on 2 grows now and saw great success with them so I will find a way to incorporate them in my mainline/manifold training. The stem splitting did wonders for me last time but I paired that with dropping the light off temps to 60-68 and ice at the stalks every 12 hrs to increase trichome production and saw a hefty increase last time so I will try it again

3 Likes