Starter journal

I’m tagging a few people I hope none of you mind I’ve seen you guys help others a lot and I need to learn as much about my process as I can to get it down pat. I normally have a slow start from seed to the first 2-3 weeks of veg and im not sure if its from overwatering or what but I got some new toys to put to use my buddy recommended and im hoping you all can tag others and everyone can help me along my way. I am posting this up about 2-3 weeks early to make sure I have everything I need in case there is something I don’t already have and to try and understand new ways of doing things. I have like a million photos to upload below so bare with me as this is a lot easier than typing everything out and if there is anymore questions by all means go ahead and ask away @Hellraiser @MidwestGuy @Chasfitter @PurpNGold74 @blackthumbbetty @Covertgrower @MattyBear @Myfriendis410 @dbrn32 @Missiles

Let’s start this off by what you think I need that I don’t already have (hopefully nothing im feeling broke after the new probes and sensors i bought lol) and how you start your seedlings off. My normal start to a seedling is dropping it in some RO water for up to 24hrs or until I see taproots if not done by 24hrs then to a moist paper towel. After that taproots are formed I prepare my tint planters and fill with some coco coir buffered with a diluted by a 3rd of bottle instructions for seedlings with some cal mag. Then for about a week its just the wet dry cycle with RO water and I slowly started to introduce nutes at 3rd strength again. From that tiny planter they go into the final pot (maybe too big of a jump up? Sometimes I go to solo cups next then 5 gal) and when transplanting add great white to roots and transplant spot. More often than not im told im stunting my plants and I feel like they could be taller so I’m looking for your guys and gals help to guide me in the right direction and show me what im doing wrong. Here is the veg tent currently the ladies are Bruce banner and they are 3-4 months (29 inches from tent floor and tent is 72 inches tall) old i can’t remember lol but tent will be free in 2 weeks im waiting on the flower tent to finish now and then ill update with beginning the seedlings

9 Likes

Sounds like you’re off to a great start. I’ve gathered more specialty nuts/treatments as I go. Some stuff is only meant to treat certain issues - some of those issues, you may not ever have (hopefully so). Some of those ‘extras’ are Micronutrients (I use Peruvian Gold because it’s made locally) potash, Kelp, liquid bone meal (I use this every feeding btw), insect grass (Boogie Black), worm casting tea (because I won it)… I’m sure there is more but I can’t think. You won’t need any of that stuff unless you have issues.

I’ll be following along if you don’t mind :slight_smile: Good luck!

1 Like

The Peruvian gold your referring to sounds a lot like my recharge that I’ve been using every other day at 4 oz per plant in my veg tent and I’ve seen amazing results. Not sure if it from that solely or the mix of that and the silica I added at the same time

2 Likes

No Recharge is a microbial supplement. The Peruvian Gold is Micro Nutrients

Potassium (K) 0.129%
Potassium (K) 0.129%
Potash (K2O) 0.2639%
Magnesium (Mg) 0.049%
Boron (B) 0.00022%
Iron (Fe) 0.00036%
Manganese (Mn) 0.00012%
Sulfur (S) 0.0139%
Zinc (Zn) 0.000027%
Molybdenum (Mo) 0.000003%
Calcium (Ca) 0.01348%
Sodium (Na) 0.0090%
Copper (Cu) 0.00001%

Well the more you kmow i guess. Some of this stuff still stumps me its almost the same thing but isn’t. This will be my 3rd run. Let’s not even talk about the 1st run lmao PM PM PM. NEVER AGAIN I have nightmares still and wake up running to check my ladies in the flower tent haha

3 Likes

LOL! I’d like to say it gets easier and less stressful… but I cannot :slight_smile:

1 Like

But like I said… you’;; acquire more stuff as you need it. The first time the consensus is that you need, say, foliar iron treatment… you’ll be dashing to the hydroponics store LOL

Haha I feel that. This sticker is on my light and its the first thing I see everytime I open the tent and I totally feel that picture everytime something goes wrong

2 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Too funny

My strains im planting for the next run were in the 1st photo in case anyone missed it. Doing grandaddy purp and green crack. Not sure if I want 1 of each or 2. If anyone has ran these before and they like specific nutes please let me know(for instance my Bruce banner strain apparently loves cal mag and had to be started off in coco buffered with it) These will start off in a 4x4x6 and move to a 4x8x6 in flower but like my current situation I didn’t plan to a T so my flower tent isn’t up until 2 more weeks so I’m now in the predicament of do I flip my veg tent currently or try and wait it out another month max when I’m already at half my tent height(72 inches) and my plants are 29 inches from the ground

2 Likes

You have tribus, great white, and recharge. Probably don’t need all of those. Tribus alone is probably good enough, and that is my preference. If you have something like that, 3-part, calmag, and silica would cover just about everything I have/use.

5 Likes

@dbrn32 i only use great white for transplant, the recharge I’ve been using every other day, and I must of been faded when I ordered the tribius because when It came in I was like what is this and when did I order it but I don’t want to send back im sure I can find some use for it

3 Likes

I agree with @dbrn32. I use Recharge.
All of my grows so far seem to always love GO Cal/Mag, GH Armor-Si, Liquid Bone Meal and Epsom

1 Like

Uh, go big or go home! Nice shopping list!

3 Likes

You have a brand name on that liquid bone meal

1 Like

Down To Earth
the GO stands for General Organics and the GH stands for General Hydroponics

@Thumper yeah I’m feeling broke got about 4-4.5k into this whole perpetual grow currently. My buddy is like oh but you need this fancy light oar sensor and soil sensors and im like welllll i am working 12s everyday I deserve it. My mailman hates me lol. Got my mango tree in at the same time all my tent stuff was originally coming in and he literally dropped the package and then got mad and kicked it because he was old and it was heavy. Like f the fragile sign ehh lol. But yeah I need to slow down. Don’t have a project car to work on right now so this is where all my spare time goes

2 Likes

The shooting power has me intrigued??

If there is room, you can do LST and thin out some of the smaller colas to give you room. Do you have a pic of the current veg tent with the plants?

This?