Big Poppa’s first grow California Dream

I transplanted the three one gallon into 5 gallon fabric with Mykos. Alot of roots in one week. I luv Mykos. The smaller one I experimented on by giving it a first nuke with NFTG and 6.4 ph water. The other two I just watered. We’ll see what happens. I recieved two Calif. Dream from seed grown in coco. I could see the difference. They needed nutes. I’ll stick with FFOF. Also received six OG Mango. Goodbye tent here comes room renovation of a bedroom. The OG’S look like they have spider mites or something. I kept them away from my girls. I need another led probally will get a 600 watt Viparspectra. Sure is crowded in that small tent. I wiil post after we renovate this small alcove in the room. Wife is going to love this. Any suggestions on a preventitive spray for my girls?

3 Likes

@BigPapaBuds neem oil and Diatomaceous earth on top of the soil usually helps. I went soilless for this reason. (Eventually)

Thanks. I’ll look it up.

1 Like

So I isolated the OG Mango and the two younger Ca. Dream and sprayed them for mites. The mites were all over OG and the Ca. Dream had nothing but I sprayed them anyways. I used Captain Jack’s Deadbug and soaked the top of the leaves and underneath ones too. How long do I leave this on before spraying water on the leaves or do I? The instructions said to redo if necessary in 7 to 10 days.

1 Like

I don’t think you rinse, however I’m not familiar with that product line. @BigPapaBuds

Does anyone know how long you can store a mixture of NFTG?

Its not recommended to store a mix. Only mix up what you need for that application.

Thanks for the reply. Sure is a pain in the ass. My five gallon girls took a galllon each of 6.4 ph water, nutes and Bloom Khaos. So much to learn, so much to build. Runoff was mild. Cleaned up excess water and forgot to ph the runoff. Nextime. My OG Mango’s need another spray for the babies left behind.

3 Likes

How often do I feed my girls NFTG? I had a schdule and misplaced it. First feeding was Monday the 23rd. I’ll check their website too.

1 Like

So the girls are coming up to one month and I noticed a problem. They’re growing out instead of up. I think my Vipar 450 is only putting out 200 actual watts. Would that explain the horizontal growth?

What other LED offers more actual wattage. Open to any suggestion with LED, HID, or HPS. The grow tent is 32x32x65.

So I dropped a few lights inside the tent. 50 watt daylight led bulb with 5000 K. Transplanted a one gallon California Dream into a five gallon fabric. Now I wish I had gotten a bigger tent. My six OG’s are recovering from spider mites. Gave them two doses of Captain Jack’s Deadbug. They seem to be recovering well. I’ve got to transplant four of them into one gallon. Probably will put a couple of t 5’s over the OG’s. Struggling with a small budget. I’d like to get another LED light like a Vipar or another brand. Going to put my best OG into a seven gallon fabric container just to see the difference.

2 Likes

@BigPapaBuds how much have you considered spending on lighting? You could DIY a light, and have pretty good results. Just trying to help.

@Covertgrower T5’s I could build a hanging rack for but Led anything under $200. How do I tag you and some others guys? I’m not very good with this computer stuff. Here’s a pic of the OG’s.

@Covertgrower Damn I’m getting smart I figured out how to tag people. Covertgrower I have six OG’s. Will two t5’s do the job through veg? I think I can get a 600 hps for flowering.

1 Like

OG Mango Kush. Did a little reading on this strain. Looking forward to the flowering stage.

I gotcha. I think if you could have a total of 4 T5’s you would be better. Flourescent does a pretty good job for veg.
The HPS should be set. Sorry I got distracted and forgot to post this. @BigPapaBuds

Thanks apptreciate it.

@Covertgrower Something is going on with my California girls. I put three two way bulbs inside the tent. Each a 50 watt led daylight bulb about 10 inches above the plants. I also turned on my bloom switch on my Vipar 450 because a number of people have done this with this light. The tip of the leaves on one plant looked off color kinda of greyish in the light. Any suggestion? I turned off the bloom switch and the two way light. Maybe it was too much for them. Third week of vegi. I’ll test the soil ph.

Not very good pictures. Sorry about that. That first picture worries me. Could that be spider mite damage?

@BigPapaBuds that does not look like spider mite damage. It looks like it was damaged while moving the plants around. It happens. I’ll go find a pic of spider mite damage for you.