Big Buds, Epic High, Smells Weird, Looks Home Grown

Hello friends,

This is my first grow and I’m still very much a novice. I have been following the Grow Bible the best I can every step of the way. I have one plant that has been curing in jars for about three weeks. The first 10 days it was air dried. The jarred buds are not completely dry, show no signs of mold or anything else weird.

Due to health reasons, I’ve been smoking weed since the beginning of the year, but have already tried many store bought varieties, including the best they offered. I can tell you that my Godfather plants purchased from ILGM are far better! The buzz is close to a “couch lock” and very powerful. However, it’s not the best taste, smells weird and looks nothing like the store buds. Is this normal? The next two plants are nearing harvest. What did I do wrong and how can I improve the taste and smell? Thank you very much for your assistance. Please see info and photos.

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed: Godfather

• Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF

Soil brand and type: Fox Farm FX14053 Soil

• Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths: Fabric Pots

• PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable): Within Range

• PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable: NA

• Indoor or Outdoor: Indoor

• Light system: 2 Vivosun

• Temps; Day, Night: 78-80

• Humidity; Day, Night: 45%-65%

• Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size: Vivosun

• AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,: AC

• Co2; Yes, No: No

6 Likes

I find it takes about two months in jars before the smell gets to be normal.
After 3 to 6 months it smells very much like what I want.
3 weeks is probably still got some chlorophyll to it.
Give it more time to cure and I think you will be happy.
Loose or fluffy buds are just mostly genetics. It has nothing to do with quality.

3 Likes

Thank you.

You can use molasses to improve taste @dealingwithit. It gives a sweeter taste to the buds.

2 Likes

I use molqsses every othertime

3 weeks is typically the minimum growers will cure for it i like the 6 month mark, the ash is white evertime with no harshness and terps to fall in love with. While you were curing in the first couple weeks did your burp/bleed your storage containers?

By chance did u count your cure day on your chop and dry day?