Big bud(fem) helpful ideas?

Good afternoon to all.just ordered some big bud seeds.,first time with this strain. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.I will be growing indoors.

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum! Are they autos or photos?

@Not2SureYet is just starting another one IIRC.

2 Likes

Photos.

3 Likes

Will be growing in dirt first,then will probably go to Aquaponic.

2 Likes

I did autos but it was a real easy grow. You will want to give it a fair amount of room if you plan to grow it very big. My auto took up the better part of my 4x4 tent. Mine needed for me to keep spreading her out. My grow with it if you want to see the awesome buds these make

3 Likes

Welcome to ILGM!

Very nice,will be growing in a 6x6 closet, I should be ok with 2 plants then right?

4 Likes

Perfect. I like photos and you can size your plants to the space.

3 Likes

Thank you,will keep you informed

3 Likes

That would do 2 nice ones. :grin:

2 Likes

I have grown outside for awhile now,but New to the indoor scene. Wanting to try a new light. My room is 6x6 with reflection from top to bottom. Was thinking about going with spider farm sf 4000. What’s the opinion on these lights or is there a better light around same price range?? The room is 8 foot tall also

1 Like

Welcome man! I grew big bud for my first time as well and it was a super easy strain to grow, i had 2 plants and got 12 ounces it got big quick as well! Here is some pics of mine when they were done.

7 Likes

Very nice!!

3 Likes

Once there ready,will be transplanting into 20 gal pots. Hope that’s big enough

3 Likes

They will get HUGE in 20 gal pots them were in 7 gal pots only were in veg for about a month a half

3 Likes

Ok,just a little impressed.seeds showed up faster than new light did. Less than 5 days to South central u.s.

2 Likes

20 gallons is way over kill for indoors. I can do as well in a 5 gallon pot as I can with a 10. These can only grow so big indoors. A 5 gallon pot could easily do a lb plant in coco. I can’t say for sure for soil. I would think it is close though. The biggest I normally use is a 7 gallon. Only because it makes watering a little easier for me. @dbrn32 is the one to ask about lights here :grin:

1 Like

I’m not sure, there are people here with the spider farmer lights though. They’re just another knock off of hlg’s lights. Should grow weed fine if sized properly to space, but I’m not really sure about quality.

2 Likes

Ok,good to know. Have been studying about strain.all I could find was about the size of bud,nothing about the size of roots.Was hoping it was big enough.thank you

1 Like

Will t12 fluorescent 8ft long,6500k daylight hurt anything? And is there such a thing as to much light?

1 Like