Big Bud, Amnesia Haze, and Chocolope indoor grow in soil

I almost feel like they could still use a humidity dome like a 2litre bottle with the bottom cut off for a while longer.

1 Like

I should’ve mentioned that Ive got them in the tent with a dome on them, sitting right in the dirt. Just snapped the pic right after the transplant. Lights will be back on in an hour or two and I’ll snap a pic.

Thanks for mentioning it. Later tonight I’ll update with a picture of them in their domes.

1 Like

Here they are domed and in the tent.

3 Likes

Good luck on the grow, nice to see someone else growing AH besides me. :+1:

1 Like

Little update in the girls. Domes are off and they are doing well.

4 Likes

Big difference from 6 days ago. Nice

2 Likes

Agreed with @QueenCityB, big difference :+1: :v:

2 Likes

Those poor little girls were rough looking last week. I think I’ll start my seeds in a little larger container next time. That was the first time I used the tiny seedling trays, and I think it’ll be my last.

Now it feels like the grow has begun. Lol

Topping vs FIMing. Anyone care to give me any advice? I’ve got 3 full sets of fan leaves now

1 Like

Obviously, those are your plants, do what you wish, but if it were me I wouldn’t train them yet. If I topped or messed up and broke something while bending it I would want to make sure there was enough left to thrive without the part I removed. I just do it when I know that can happen, not before.

No real science. Do I feel comfortable with it.

That’s when I do it.

I have started seeds in lots of different ways myself. I now prefer cheap 3x3 nursery inserts. When the seedlings get to tall for a short tray dome I can either trim the corners of the insert and fit it into a 2liter plastic bottle for a tall dome until I transplant or go straight to soil and use the top 3/4s of that 2 liter bottle as a dome over the seedling transplant soil for a while.

I also go straight to their forever grow bag. I only transplant once.

But every grower has their own method.

Yours has already proven successful.

3 Likes

Thanks! I really like the 3x3 and soda bottle idea. I’m with you in the single transplant. Everything I grow, from tomato’s to cannabis, only gets one transplant. I work about 15 hours a day 6 days a week and about 6 on sundays, so I’m always looking for the simplest, yet still effective, way to grow.

Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it.

I’ve just harvested (the remainder, lol) of my white widow auto. This is a picture of my “on the cheap” drying tent. I use the exhaust from my tent into a rack I bent out of old kennel walls and a heavy black trash bag attached to the bottom of a storage loft in my garage/kennel room. Temp bounces between 69 and 72 and RH is between 48 and 52. Because the airflow is a tad stronger than I’d like, I left some extra leaves on the branches to slow down the drying process. That main cola was incredible dense and heavy.

2 Likes

Click this

If you want to see a thread where I am abusing some young plants, but you will see how I use those bottles and inserts towards the end.

And your drying area.

Gotta love homemade engineering that works.

I’m gonna try to have a tent for drying by next month.

That part is so important.

I hope you enjoy all those buds when their ready.

1 Like

Your setup looks great. I love it when they work too. I’ve had my share of ideas fall flat too many times. Lol.

I’ve been stealing branches for a month or so from that auto. It’s been a week or so since I had to take an early one, so I’m thinking by the time she’s dried and cured it’s gonna be mind blowing. The immature early samples have been fantastic

1 Like

I’m hoping to have some by 4/20.

Go figure

1 Like

Right now I would say wait on topping or FIMing until your plants get a little bigger unless you have height issues then start topping or FIMing. Now as far as your plants go I am not going to tell you to do one over the other, they both have there pros and cons. But if it was me I would just top them.

1 Like

Planning on waiting a little longer just trying to decide which route to go. Last grow was an auto so I just let it go. May do one of each.

1 Like

Here is a side update on my White Widow Auto that I harvested. 4 days later and my tent did it’s job. They are packed away in mason jars, and being monitored closely and burped regularly. Ended up with 3.39 ozs after container weight was deducted. I early harvested about an ounce and a half because I couldn’t find any local supply so I had no choice. Over all harvest around 5 ozs off a single auto plant with ZERO nutes. I’m pretty pleased. And it already smokes like a dream. Can’t wait to taste it in a few weeks.

4 Likes

Ok. Quick update on the girls. I’ve started some LST. I’m new at this so go easy on me. Lol

I’ve always been a let em grow guy in the past but I’d like to think through this one and try a little harder to increase my yield. (I didn’t buy the high yield mix pack for nothing, right?)

3 Likes

This is where I’m at and I am VERY open to suggestions.

1 Like

2 Likes

And just because here are the tomatoes I’ve been growing this winter along side my bud. image

3 Likes