Big Ass Space Bucket

Hey gang!!!
Just ordered seeds. Autoflower 2.0 mix bundle from ILGM. Want to start with a space bucket built from a 33 gal trash can because my area is limited now. Any thoughts would be a help. I don’t know what I’m doing but, I want to start and learn. You all have such a broad and varied knowledge of growing. I am here to learn and hopefully grow some tasty buds. Peace be with you and thank you in advance for any help you may provide me. :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Consider a 2x2 tent. Probably a lot less work to set up and basically the same footprint as a trash can.

3 Likes

Word!! Thank you!

I should ask the next logical question. How much space do you have to work with? They make tents in so many shapes and sizes now you can almost certainly get one to maximize your available space. The more space you can spare for your tent the more room you have for a canopy of tasty buds.

Next thing is lighting. Get a decent light. Lots of good info on this site if you search for LED recommendations. HLG is a good place to start.

Main thing is since you’re growing autos you need to maximize their short life so don’t pop those beans til you have a good light on hand. You can’t afford to not have them running full steam right out of the gate.

2 Likes

I started looking at tent kits on Amazon. Mars Hydro. I will measure my space and report back. I’m not onsite currently. Looking for a place online that will take Bitcoin. I can definitely fit a 2x2. Probably a 2x4. I get nervous watching videos of all the nutrients and shit you gotta mess with. It looks like you have to have a lot of different stuff on hand. Am I overthinking. Can it be done simply?

By the way, thank you for your help. It is very much appreciated.

1 Like

Organic is simple in my opinion. That’s why I do it. You can get by with a bag of premixed soil as long as you get the right kind and not much more than earthworm castings and bat guano as additives later in flowering. It might not be at the same level the big boys are doing but you’ll grow nice weed.

If you’re trying to keep a low profile just order most of this stuff on Amazon to a safe location. There’s legitimate legal uses for nearly all of these items that don’t involve growing marijuana.

Hemp/CBD takes the same stuff to grow and is legal at least in the US. I don’t know your local laws but just saying…

1 Like

Pictures?

1 Like

I can get pictures of the space later today. I live in Michigan so, I’m good to grow a limited number of personal use plants.

1 Like

2x2 tents are fine; I use a 2x2 space. But I would be very skeptical about kits. Most include inferior products at a high bundle-price. The lights are almost always mismatched with the tent size.

I use an HLG 135 r-spec. An HLG 100 r-spec also works. The Mars Hydro TS 1000 would also work. There are many other lights that cover a 2x2 in bloom, but there are more that make junk claims about being able to cover 2x2.

I strongly advise you to get the tallest tent you can fit, and start out with photoperiod plants, northern lights fem in particular.

1 Like

12 plants in mi. Welcome. Mi myself. Id steer clear of tent kits and buy seperate. Kits charge more for the li v ht which usually is garbage grows buds but light airy buds. Dont skimp on loghting. Hlg is gon a be ur best bet usually to my door in 3 days after order. How big u wanna work with how tall also pay attn to with tents dont order o e thats too tall lol.

1 Like

My main complaint about my 2x2 is height. Make sure you get the tallest you can accommodate!

1 Like

Rightbud is having a 4/20 sale on lighting, got an e-mail but didn’t check it out. If you go to HLG use the code dude & fet 10% off. If you go to gorilla (expensive but good) an your a vet you can get 20% off tents & acc.

1 Like

next post I look at had this

2 Likes

Bless your soul. Thank you all. I maxed out of posts for beginners yesterday. But I’ve read everything and am so grateful for the guidance.

2 Likes

Also a newbie - first time grower. Bought mars hydro 4x4 kit. No complaints. After receiving and assembling, came to conclusion I could need a bought all pieces separately and put together myself. But no regrets. Satisfied at this point. You should get a small discount at checkout. If not send email and they will provide a code.

1 Like

How appropriate that I received my seeds today. Looking at Mars Hydro 2x2 kit with the TS 1000 LED light or Spider Farmer SF-1000 kit.

That is perfect to start auto just remember max of that tent and light is 2 plants maybe 3 but they go to fight for light and get fan and ph metter temp and humidity metter and nute so I re ready to grow and welcome to the crew lmao

Thank you, so much. I was hoping to start with just two. See how I do and go from there.

1 Like

Yeah two re perfect just watch for stress and everything is fine

This is my 2 auto