BHO extraction thread

@Joshmcginnis28
what kind of press are you going to get?
I see something that you do by hand and they’re like 800 pounds or 1000 pounds I’ve seen ones with crank handles that do you like 2 tons and then there’s the hydraulic ones that go up to 10 tons. What’s the difference in how much pressure you’re pressing or where do I look for this information?.. :v:t3::+1:t3:

1 Like

I just toss it. There are very small visible trichomes left, but it looks like peach fuzz. They’re very thin, with no bulb part left. Visibly smaller.
I’ll try and get a picture.

I’m probably going to build one. Following green Gene videos. Has a nice easy DIY. Orr I would buy some low temp plates and controller and buy own press bc I’m not paying 2k for their press haha their plates are good but cannot justify that for some insulated aluminum and a hydraulic press.

3 Likes

Check out Dabpress. I’m ordering some caged 12-20 ton plates and controller for around $300. You can get presses pretty cheap from olaces like Harbor freight.

2 Likes

I thought about ordering their plate and controller too and purchasing own jack. That’s what I’d do with low temp. I’m not buying a full built rig.
Definitely have some decisions to weigh out ! Thank you !

1 Like

For sure. The Nugsmashers are nice but it seems like the price is just for a fancy shell around the controller and jack. You’re welcome! I’ll let you know how it works when i get it and play with it.

1 Like

Ya I feel like some of it is buying name. Same with low temp.

Please tag me! I’d love to see and hear some first hand unbought feed back ;

2 Likes

In recovery now. Low pressure even during recovery. Means you’re Golden. @Ladithief

6 Likes

Getting there.

5 Likes

That color is so purdyy :star_struck:. Going to be some quality. What strain did u do again

1 Like

This is a mix of a lot of strains, but is primarily Maui Wowie.
Not a bad return for trim and small flowers.

6 Likes

Not bad at all! I think Mrs covert will be happy for a little while. Unless she dab queen and takes fatties :joy:

3 Likes

Second run results. Less return, less packed, and some of the flower used wasn’t completely dry, but enough.

7 Likes

With my absolutely no experience.i feel qualified so I’m gonna go ahead and make the statement that a little over 11 grams isn’t bad ! Lol.

Do you notice a color or consistent difference using trim vs the flower. Or was run 2 using trim also

There is. There was a lot more flower in this run, and there are more terpenes in the flower. It makes the return a little more soupy. The color tends to be a lot lighter, as it pics up the clearer and white trichomes. Trim tends to have more amber on the leaves. I’m not sure if that’s the reason for the color difference, but an educated guess.

5 Likes

Sounds like a pretty good guess, makes perfect sense to me…:+1:t3::v:t3:

3 Likes