BHO extraction thread

You out of trim jail yet so you can do another round yet ?! Lol I’m anxious to see more and what kind of returns you get

Hope you enjoying the recent harvest !

1 Like

Same here…

3 Likes

I am enjoying it. Still not out of trim jail, but I’ll see what’s going this weekend, and I might make a run. I’ll be sure to take pictures and tag you.

You too @kaptain3d! Lol

2 Likes

Me too I find it very interesting. I don’t think I’m ready to jump in with both feet yet but if I can figure out what to do with it especially edibles I might reconsider…:+1:t3::v:t3:

2 Likes

Dang, I guess that’s what happens when you yield more than the previous times :wink:.

And okay thanks man ! I know everyone on her has lives and can’t always entertain us simpletons lol so take time but appreciate the tag when the time comes.

2 Likes

I do, but what you don’t know is my life is really on here… :joy::joy::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

I’m watching for your next round at this my friend.
Very interested indeed. :+1:
:v::pray:

5 Likes

Safety first!

And

9 Likes

The moment we have been waiting for. @Covertgrower giving the people what they ask for !
Thank you sir !

2 Likes

You’re too kind… @Joshmcginnis28

2 Likes

Let’s see what we can do with this much trim.

4 Likes

Following avidly… :wink:

2 Likes

4 Likes

Okay, now it’s a waiting game. The butane is in, and soaking. I’ll continue adding dry ice as needed to the column. 2 hour soak time.

4 Likes

Wait it takes 2 hours of sitting inside that column ?! Lol I knew this was long process but figured was bc butane boiling off then purge.

1 Like

And is that the consistency you used. Or grind it super light or anything. I know don’t want it too fine bc don’t want chlorophyll .

1 Like

Since this is a closed loop system, I’ll recover the butane after a valve is opened and everything is deposited to the bottom. That takes about 30-45 mins. Depending how impatient you are. Hot water is best, just about 90°F cooler the better, but it takes longer to recover.

The actual boil off of the butane is very little after I’ve recovered most of it. I leave just a small cup left.

Oh ya duh. Sorry mind is elsewhere right now .
That’s when u switch and stick the tank in ice and warm back up chamber.

1 Like

Neither do I, chlorophyll will not dissolve into the butane at -130F it remains locked in.
I packed the nugs pretty tight in there this round, and there’s a few garbanzo bean sized nugs, as well as a couple larger ones. But the majority is are the garbanzo bean sized mixed in with sugar leaves.

1 Like

Cant wait to see outcome. Is this all of your trim, or you have plans to use rest in different ways.

I think I’m set on getting my press. And then can press keif from sift screens and then if want bho we can trade
It’s Like having both without owning both. :joy:

And lastly is the remains so spent there is nothing on or. Or do u think if accumulated enough could just use for edibles or something if wanted. Would just have to be double the normal amount used.

2 Likes