BHO extraction thread

So I got a new toy, and this is the dedicated thread, feel free to ask away.
This is a safety oriented extraction. I’m not perfect, but I like to think that closed loop was the first step.
First step is to pull a vacuum and verify, verify, verify that theres still a vacuum on this after 24 hours.
I have a general idea of what I’m doing, but this is still a learning process.
Actual extraction will happen tomorrow evening. After shopping etc.
@Myfriendis410 @dbrn32 @MattyBear @Bubblehead @Bulldognuts
Tag a gromie!

34 Likes

Do you have a vac-oven?

6 Likes

I do not, but I do have a 2 quart vessel that will have a vacuum as well, with a precise heating pad for afterwords. Equally as good, and important for removal of BHO. @Member420

7 Likes

What do you think the yield difference between this and open blasting are?

5 Likes

@Member420

9 Likes

That’ll do it

5 Likes

It’s funny, just purging it for one hour makes a better product but pushing it into the 30 hour range really starts to do the trick.

Ladi says he does 100 hour purges. I don’t go quite that long

6 Likes

I’ve never open blasted, but because there’s a fair amount of soak time in a super chilled dewaxing column I’m hoping the return is higher. If it does end up being less, I hope it’s a higher quality return.

This way returns less lipids and fats, which are not desirable for dabbing. Etc.

8 Likes

There’s no way it’ll end up being less.

Either equal or greater, but not less.

Your gonna love it. Butane definitely makes the prettiest product with the least amount of work in my opinion

Im super jelly

10 Likes

Gotta link so I can do a little research?

1 Like

I think there’s room for negotiation. :wink:

I’m hoping so, I really want to make higher quality edible.

Everything I purchased was from BVV. There are several options for extractors, and I went down the middle in size. Not sure if I can link that here? Gues we can edit later. I got the “professional version” it’s the dewaxing column option. It’s not huge, but it’s not the smallest one either.

edit… remove unauthorized link

3 Likes

I remember when you were talking about buying this. Set watch and learn. Thanks for the tag

2 Likes

I still got the link on my phone so no worries :wink:

I kinda moved away from the edible thing (cuz I’m lazy and don’t wanna do the extra processes) and instead went back to making capsules. I just use my BHO now to make capsules instead of that Magic Butter Machine.
When I started making capsules out of BHO this thing made it awesome!!!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07H8H5XM1/ref=cm_sw_r_apa_i_AW2VEbDZBT133

5 Likes

That’s what I really enjoy is capsules. Discreet, portable, and measured doses.
You use the stirrer to combine the BHO into coconut oil or carrier of choice?

Your phone. Wonder who that was… lol

@CoyoteCody @Mote @imSICKkid join in…

4 Likes

Exactly.

I just combine the dab in a small glass beaker with a little MCT oil and a little lecithin powder.

The hot plate begins to melt it down then you drop in the magnetic stirrer and it emulsified it the rest of the way.

Extract substance from beaker using a needle and then squirt that into the capsules. It’ll knock your socks off! Way better than the MBM!

This is the exact recipe I do. It’s only 4 and a half minutes.

Skip forward to 1:27 to see the stir plate in action

11 Likes

I’m set to watching as well, very interesting :thinking: :+1: :v:

2 Likes

Thanks for the tag. I’m here this should be interesting.

2 Likes

I’ll lurk in the background.

3 Likes

:rofl: me too

6 Likes

Here’s everything I’m putting in.
Rough trim, but nothing I wouldn’t put in a jar obviously with out leaves though.
All fan leaves have been removed.

12 Likes