BGL-LSD Journal

Thanks for the tag, I’ll be sure to follow along. @RAP

1 Like

Hey thanks for the tag !..looking forward to your grow !

Just watered with FF nutes. Used 27.5 ml Big bloom and 10 ml Grow Big in 1.5 gals filtered water. Adj to 6.7 pH. According to the FF Trio week 3 schedule it is 1/2 strength of recommended. I split the 1.5 gals between the 3 plants. There was a little runoff ea.

3 Likes

Thanks for the tag, looking great il be along for the ride :slight_smile:

Topped last night. Just pinched the three little heads off :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Ok, since I have everything set up and ready to go I realized the 2 sides are not on the same grow rate. Even though the BGL- LSD and the BBK-BD-CALDR are only about a week apart in age they are 3-4 weeks apart in growth.

So today I put in a SCROG screen for the BGL - LSD. I topped all three last night and the LSD is 3-4" taller than the BGL. Yesterday I put the BBK-CD-BD into 5 gal Kind Soil pots. At the moment they are quite smaller than the BGL-LSD.

Reading many journals and grows I think I can get all together to flip 12/12 at the same time. By using the screen for the BGL and LSD I can train them and get the SCROG FULL while I get the BBK-BD-CD up to par.

So by the time this BGL-LSD is ready I can have the Kind Soil grow ready using @MattyBear 's techniques. I figure a small LST with them and then flip 12/12 when ready and I will be good to go. That way I can see the differenc between SCROG and LST even though they are different strains.

What do you think? I still need to get the Maui x LSD in there somewhere

6 Likes

I think I’m super envious of how much space you have! :wink:

3 Likes

Did an LST on GL#2 and the LSD today. Probable LST for GL #1 and pics tomorrow.

2 Likes

The 2 new QB260’S are shipping today. Figure maybe wed-thur next week.
https://horticulturelightinggroup.com/collections/kits/products/260w-qb-v2-led-kit

@dbrn32 Do you think that I could cut the heatsink in half and use aluminum bar or something to hang them spaced out like the xl;s? If so is there any importance to have the center solid or can the lights just be spaced apart with nothing in center but support bars?

I have a metal cutting band saw. I was thinking that a 3/4 wide 1/4 thick aluminum bar screwed to the last riser front and back on top would hold well. You can see what I mean in the picture, if I drilled and screwed that bar to each piece I could make the xl version, provided the new heat sink channels go the right way.

5 Likes

Sched delivery Tues. :smiley:

3 Likes

You can cut it if you want I suppose. I would mount them rigid if you do that, there will be small pieces of wire going from one board to the other.

Thanks @dbrn32 , if I use the 1/4" thick bar they would be very rigid. I would measure my 260xl’s and space the boards the same so it would have the exact wire length of the 260xl’s I currently have. If I do not cut them and they were together as in the kit do you think I would have as good of coverage as the xl version? They will be covering 1/2 of the 4x8’ tent so a 4x4 area with 3 scrog’d plants

1 Like

Did an LST on the other GL today. A question, do you tie all branches down? I tied down the branches down starting at the first bottom branches. The last couple top ( shorter branches) and the smallest since topping are not tied down. Should I tie them down and just remove the bottom lowest branches. It seems most bottom branches are eventually trimmed away any way?

2 Likes

You would likely be better with something like 36" fixtures.

Thats why I would cut the heatsink in half.

1 Like

@monkman @Covertgrower @SilentHippie @MattyBear @Kcdaniels

On above post, should I just remove bottom branches?

2 Likes

If they are smaller and won’t make it to the canopy, you can remove the lower branches :v::bear:

3 Likes

Thanks @MattyBear . Maybe I will cut and clone with the lower.

4 Likes

That’s what I do :wink:

4 Likes

Here they are today. The 2 Goldleaf in back and LSD in front all LST’d

and the whole tent

@Covertgrower @SilentHippie @monkman @MattyBear @Kcdaniels @dbrn32

7 Likes